Elden Ring (From Software RPG)

ER.jpg

Elden Ring is not planned to have 3D Audio on PS5. But, support for the haptic feedback in the Dualsense controller, is planned.

Do we have any idea yet as to which GPU manufacturer this will favor? This looks like my kind of game and I will need a GPU upgrade to play it at 1440p.

Do we have any idea yet as to which GPU manufacturer this will favor? This looks like my kind of game and I will need a GPU upgrade to play it at 1440p.

From Software has never sided with 1 GPU manufacturer over the other...they work well on all GPU's...plus their games are never graphics powerhouses...they rely on gameplay over graphics...I highly doubt Elden Ring will have ray-tracing or any other fancy new tech

Janky DX9 graphics = GPU won't matter

This will run on a $900 1050 Ti or RX470 no prob

Oh CoOp? I like the sound of that. So my daughter and I can play it together, that'd be great
Be aware that it's not that simple unless they are changing the process for this game. In prior Dark Souls entries you needed to either equip a specific item and/or create a shared password for your game. Then your connection has to be such that it allows you to see each other's summon signs in your world. There was also no shared progress, which might be a good thing depending on who you are. Meaning, you both would have to trade off roles to defeat bosses to proceed. And once a boss was defeated, the connected player(s) return to their own worlds.

Oh CoOp? I like the sound of that. So my daughter and I can play it together, that'd be great
Souls games co-op aren't like other games co-op, in this series it's merely a statistical term which means yes you can play with another player. It's not deeply integrated with friends lists or clans/guilds etc as you might see in other multiplayer games. While there are ways to get into a specific player's game, the dev's goal in these games tend to be more along the lines of dipping in and out of games with random people, and at certain portions of the game.

You should probably pick up one of the previous Souls games, for eg Dark Souls 3, to see if you like it. They don't hold your hand like other games and can be brutal to newcomers to the series.

I don't think this series is what you are looking for when you say you are "looking for a coop game to play with my daughter". Maybe I'm wrong but I assume the series game called "Trine" may be more of what you're looking for.

Looking forward to this but I’m also really hoping after this is released they will get back to the Armored Core series.

Looking forward to this but I’m also really hoping after this is released they will get back to the Armored Core series.
It was my understanding that Armored Core V and Verdict Day officially ended the series from a story standpoint.

Miyazaki has stated that he would like to do another one.

Dark Souls 3 sold over 10 million copies in lifetime sales. Lets hope Elden Ring allows From to bankroll a couple of risky games, such as a new Armored Core ;)

January 20th 2022 release date update on steam a few days ago I think I can't remember seeing that.

FromSoftware's Yasuhiro Kitao in a recent interview with Famitsu and translated by Reddit discussed the upcoming game, Elden Ring...the team is on track for its January release as the game is in the final stages of development

"We're in the final stages of development, and we're moving forward quietly," said Kitao

While super quick, the supposed Elden Ring footage showcases jumping. That's definitely something new.

Good thing I didn't plan Vacation around this game my Walmart vacation gets reset in Feb. anyway.

Last edited:
Jumping has been in Souls games since Dark Souls.

True, but a different kind of jumping. Those are running leaps for clearing gaps. Barely used/need, too. This is more like a little hop with no momentum needed. Looks like it would be used to go up uneven terrain and go over obstacles...but the footage is only 10 seconds long. It might be sparsely needed, too. Kind of like Nathan Drake's hop.

Previous games were a small leap forwards (minimal height gain). This footage looks legitimately like a leap upwards, with respectable height gain which can be used to traverse complex terrains. Not to mention is also looks instantaneous (at a button press) unlike the previous games which required a running start while holding the sprint button.

That said I doubt it will have any major impact on the typical 'Souls design' of the world, just means they can use more complex scenery and not worry as much if the player can traverse it.

I think Elden Ring wants you to use your horse to traverse difficult terrain and obstacles

Back