Elden Ring (From Software RPG)

That is not what I said at all. If you sat me down in front of my own rig I can't see the problem because I am simply not experiencing these issues. Where did I ever insinuate that just because I'm not experiencing issues that others are not? I even shared my experience of getting bad 3-4 second freezes in my initial playtime earlier in the thread. You were trying to tell me that I am having issues, but I'm just ignoring them. And you can't know that unless you sat in front of my PC and played the game.
if you feel bothered about it and want to prove it's actually running flawlessly for you, throw up a video and frame time graph. otherwise you have nothing to back up that it's running perfectly for you. if your reaction to that request is "no, i'm not wasting my time on something i'm happy with" (as i said before, who could blame you? i wouldn't waste time on doing that myself) then what good does claiming that and offering supposed workarounds do?

i'm not trying to convince ANYONE of ANYTHING, just the opposite, i want people to let their perceptions be their perceptions and *not* try to convince someone else they're factually wrong.

This is running pretty decently for me at the moment. It was actually stuttering quite a bit, and then I realized I hadn't updated my graphics drivers in probably six months :D (in my defense, I've been playing indies on the Switch during that time). After that it's running great. Every once in a while the image tears around the center of the screen, but not constantly. It's synced up, then for about 1.5 seconds it will tear (still smooth in the meantime) then it goes away again. I have everything maxed, except I reduced AA/AO a bit, and turned down the blur options a lot. It's taking me a while to get into the game though. I don't instantly mesh with any From game at all actually. DS3 was the one that I managed to play through. I'm sure I'll get into this after a while. I'm more into 2D games for my difficult games, or technical 3D ala Doom Eternal. (which funny enough, also took me a bit to get into)

Personally, I thought the intro was the worst of all their games. It was pretty straightforward but.....also didn't say much? It basically just showed us some potential bosses, with a VERY loose story of war to tie them together. The voiceover seemed a bit forced and didn't seem well integrated with the other sound.

Apparently the PS4 saves are transferrable to PS5. So....I think I will start playing the PS4 version in BC mode on my PS5, until some good patches are out for PS5 and PC.

Personally, I thought the intro was the worst of all their games. It was pretty straightforward but.....also didn't say much? It basically just showed us some potential bosses, with a VERY loose story of war to tie them together. The voiceover seemed a bit forced and didn't seem well integrated with the other sound.

Apparently the PS4 saves are transferrable to PS5. So....I think I will start playing the PS4 version in BC mode on my PS5, until some good patches are out for PS5 and PC.
i agree... also the fact that it was just some concept art strung together with ken burns effect, lol. seemed very low effort compared to previous games. the "story" presented is..... well it's From, i didn't expect anything different.

i agree... also the fact that it was just some concept art strung together with ken burns effect, lol. seemed very low effort compared to previous games. the "story" presented is..... well it's From, i didn't expect anything different.
Yeah, it was all static artwork, as well! I was expecting a more detailed primer on the world, after seeing the detailed trailers and leaked concept art.

That voiceover sounds like it was quickly produced last week, to make the release date.

Last edited:

Ya the voice actor in the intro was pretty bad, almost comical.

I played a couple hours last night and killed a boss. It didn’t really blow me away yet but I’ll keep playing.

People are nitpicking the intro video? C'mon. Have mama and dada tuck you in and read you a bedtime story if you really need that.

Anyhoo, this game is running like a dream after installing latest NV driver. 3090 + LG CX OLED. Not seeing the "stuttering" or hitching some are claiming, but then again if you're running on less than a 3090 then you don't take gaming seriously and may not even be a Real Man.

It's good to be back in a FROM game world.

Last edited:
People nitpicking the intro video, who cares. Have mama and dada tuck you in and read to you if you need a story.

Anyhoo, this game is running like a dream after installing latest NV driver. 3090 + LG CX OLED. Good to be back in a FROM game world.

Intro video is terrible, who cares. Menus look like they are from the 90’s who cares. Game has stutters all over the place, who cares. This is From Software we must suckle from their feet and say it tastes like golden honey else we aren’t true gamers.

People are nitpicking the intro video? Like who cares. Have mama and dada tuck you in and read to you if you need a story.

Anyhoo, this game is running like a dream after installing latest NV driver. 3090 + LG CX OLED. Not seeing the "stuttering" or hitching some are claiming, but then again if you're running on less than a 3090 you don't take gaming seriously anyway.

Good to be back in a FROM game world.

LOL News Flash....the problems with this game aren't from Hardware. Its from their fucked up install of EAC.

People are nitpicking the intro video? Like who cares. Have mama and dada tuck you in and read to you if you need a story.

Anyhoo, this game is running like a dream after installing latest NV driver. 3090 + LG CX OLED. Not seeing the "stuttering" or hitching some are claiming, but then again if you're running on less than a 3090 you don't take gaming seriously anyway.

Good to be back in a FROM game world.
i wouldn't have expected this type of trolling from you..

Intro video is terrible, who cares. Menus look like they are from the 90’s who cares. Game has stutters all over the place, who cares. This is From Software we must suckle from their feet and say it tastes like golden honey else we aren’t true gamers.

I'll take From's 90s UI over whatever embedded web-browser UI bullshit most other "modern" games do these days :p I play From games for the gameplay, character customization and builds, and immersive/moody environments - never cared about the story personally.

People are nitpicking the intro video? C'mon. Have mama and dada tuck you in and read you a bedtime story if you really need that.

Anyhoo, this game is running like a dream after installing latest NV driver. 3090 + LG CX OLED. Not seeing the "stuttering" or hitching some are claiming, but then again if you're running on less than a 3090 then you don't take gaming seriously and may not even be a Real Man.

It's good to be back in a FROM game world.
E2qlCBDWUAMotXK.png

So what was everybody's starting class? What are your build plans? I started with an Astrologer going for a "spellsword" with magic and one-handed swords. So dex, int, and mind all the way. My early experience also says that you should not ignore the Arcane stat. It seems to be important to get the best use out of the crafting system. In Dark Souls I typically went for a 2H elemental strength build, having only dabbled a bit in faith and int magic. I want to try and stay flexible in this game for the open world.

So what was everybody's starting class? What are your build plans? I started with an Astrologer going for a "spellsword" with magic and one-handed swords. So dex, int, and mind all the way. My early experience also says that you should not ignore the Arcane stat. It seems to be important to get the best use out of the crafting system. In Dark Souls I typically went for a 2H elemental strength build, having only dabbled a bit in faith and int magic. I want to try and stay flexible in this game for the open world.
I just quickly made a 'hero' last night, to simply test the game for the first 2 hours and potentially return the game on Steam.

I have avoided any in-depth details about this game. So, I have no idea what the separation is on all of the classes. Later when I load up the PS4 version in Backwards compat on PS5, I will properly dig into a character ;)

Samurai, although the stats are a bit of a mystery to me. You have to really focus on going two handed with the katana even though it’s a one handed weapon since the unsheathe ability only works two handed, but it can be useful to go back to one handed as the attack angles change up.

Went with Astrologer and about level 15 so far. (Only played a few hours) I have a melee character also but having more fun with just pure magic build atm.

Maybe by the time I get my Steam Deck this'll be on sale and I can give it another go then.

Wretch. Wasn't planning on SL1 or whatever, just felt like going in completely blind/naked and working on flexibility too. I leveled up to 2 after about 90 minutes in, and just bought a pair of pants from Kale. My character is getting pretty bloody at times.

1645825325240.png

I'm going with either a Hero or Vagabond. Big weapons, big armor, and only enough magic to briefly enchant my stuff...if that. As long as the game has giant clubs and swords that might as well be a giant club, I figure I'll be okay.

i've left magic pretty much untouched in all of my From games so i'm gonna give a magic centric build a shot for Elden Ring. anyone got any tips on that, just from a generic FromSoft perspective?

Went with wretch. Nothing beats a naked chick with a wooden stick.

Hopefully, this means Bamco intends to have FS support the game with more than one or two patches.

where did this narrative that FromSoft doesn't patch their games come from?...it's not true...they have released multiple patches for all their PC games...yes they don't release as many patches as other developers but their games are usually very stable and bug free at launch...they are not like PlatinumGames who didn't release a single patch for NieR Automata on PC (outside of DLC patches)

where did this narrative that FromSoft doesn't patch their games come from?...it's not true...they have released multiple patches for all their PC games...yes they don't release as many patches as other developers but their games are usually very stable and bug free at launch...they are not like PlatinumGames who didn't release a single patch for NieR Automata on PC (outside of DLC patches)
i don't think that's where Derangel was going exactly.. i took it to mean hopefully all issues get fixed up, simply because the bigger the game, the more numerous the issues, the more likely it is that not everything gets fixed. i would say this is the worst release from a technical perspective since the first DS pc release so there's no way they get it all ironed out in one or two short term patches. but don't feel attacked - i do agree that From in general makes solid games and stands behind them.

Only time I used a mage in from games was my first game, DS2 (then I played DS3,DS1,Bloodborne in that order), so I went with Astrologist.
Here's me resting with a comfy arrow in my head :)

ELDEN RING™ 2_25_2022 10_40_07 PM.png

Honestly my game has been running really well today. Stuttered a little bit when I started, but for about an hour or so I haven't noticed any so far. I'm playing Hero, which is basically just a str/barbarian lol. May start over or just start putting stats in other stuff -- I feel like I may be missing out on the cool magic based stuff in the game.

Yeah climbing up the mountain to the castle (around the Stormvalr Shack area?) still stutters hard on my system’s NVMe.

Honestly my game has been running really well today. Stuttered a little bit when I started, but for about an hour or so I haven't noticed any so far. I'm playing Hero, which is basically just a str/barbarian lol. May start over or just start putting stats in other stuff -- I feel like I may be missing out on the cool magic based stuff in the game.
I was going to say the same. Maybe it’s placebo but it’s been way smoother today. Wonder if they updated EAC.

Back