Ebay Fraud Help

man this place is weird. it is like the epitome of Among Us mentality. hey, i have zero real proof either way but GREEN SUS. and suddenly orange gets floated because he said Green SUS.

for what it is worth, for me: in the last 6 months Fedex has lost 2 packages, and miss delivered 1. USPS has been MORE THAN 30 days late with no tracking updates 50% of the time, several times i had to start a claim and then my package showed up. UPS has been about 3 days late 25% of the time.

the Fedex issues 1 time they paid for a replacement, 1 time they paid for a replacement and the original showed up later, and the last time the original showed up after i started the lost package claim. in all instances i, as the recipient, was able to start the lost package claim by being NICE to the FEDEX support staff.

If i had to guess, I'd say fedex may have damaged a few packages in a sort center, destroying labels beyond recognition, and someone was tasked with relabeling them, based on info at hand (weight, size, etc) of packages that were going through that sorting machine. There were probably 2 that were more or less the same weight, and they got swapped. That is my GUESS. Those aren't random cheap steal pipes you get from home depot to run a scam, those are purpose made, the welds look decent. Someone somewhere is probably wondering why they got a motherboard instead of their parts for finishing their plumbing project.

Couple of good replies here, all good, viable explanations. And that is why it helps to keep your cool when dealing with these types of situations. Start accusing the seller of a scam, and they go into damage control, doing all they can to protect themselves rather than work with the buyer. Present the facts in the situation and try to work with the seller, and chances are good you will get much further.

As a seller on eBay, I've won a number of cases just by keeping my composure and working with eBay, where the buyer was going up the wall making unreasonable demands. Was the buyer right? I don't know, but they were f-ing crazy and I wanted nothing to do with them, and neither did eBay.
One case, the buyer was exaggerating condition of the item and demanding 60% refund. I offered 15% just to get them off my back. But no, they wanted 60% refund on a laptop because it had a bunch of scratches that they missed in the photos and other made up issues. Case went to eBay and the buyer got nothing.

An ATX style motherboard would not fit in that package the OP posted, and I would almost guarantee the seller shipped it in a box with bubble wrap to protect it. If they have been in business for 21+ yrs, then they probably don't just throw computer parts in a bag and send it out the door.

It could very well be a shipment tampering issue as like a previous member posted, someone within the FedEx shipping hubs is looking for high end GPUs or other computer parts to sell to supplement their income.

Hey guys, just need some advice from more experienced ebayers. I recently ordered a motherboard off a seller and instead they sent me a crumbled up package with some random metal pipes. Then they tried denying my return claim by saying:

"
Hello, We have the shipment details at a box being sent with the dimensions of 15x13x3in. Also it has a weight of 4lbs. The pictures you have provided do not match this at all. You have taken the outer packaging crumpled it up and taken pictures. We have all the weights and dimensions confirmed from FedEx. So this return is fraud. Would you like to close this return or would you like us to take this up with eBay?
"

When I requested the return I couldn't click submit for some reason so I had to do it on mobile, which for whatever reason no longer gave me the "seller sent wrong item" option so I chose "Doesn't Fit" as the best available option. Then I filed a fraud claim with ebay immediately and sent them these photos I had taken of the package.

Is there anything else I can do but wait for ebay to intervene?

Call ebay customer service. They will help you get it taken care of fast.

jeez why bother arguing with a human when you can turn the claim in to Ebay review. Ebay always sides with the buyer.
how old are you that 'always call' is your go too? man i don't feel ancient now.
Not always. I've won multiple as a seller. Just have all your ducks in a row with proof and you will be fine.

Hey guys, good news! eBay decided the case in my favor and gave me a refund. I wasn't able to track down a customer service number for them so I had to wait out the few days for the seller to attempt to "resolve" the problem.

Hey guys, good news! eBay decided the case in my favor and gave me a refund. I wasn't able to track down a customer service number for them so I had to wait out the few days for the seller to attempt to "resolve" the problem.
So you posted false feedback prior to even resolving anything? A+ scamming /s!

So you posted false feedback prior to even resolving anything? A+ scamming /s!
Yes, I posted negative feedback after they sent me a message accusing me of being a scammer, but before allowing the seller more time to "resolve" the issue. Never heard back from them after the initial rude reply.

Yes, I posted negative feedback after they sent me a message accusing me of being a scammer, but before allowing the seller more time to "resolve" the issue. Never heard back from them after the initial rude reply.
Just saying, that feedback makes you sound like the scammer.

Back