Ebay Buyers - Possible 35% CASHBACK from Microsoft

What do you mean? Mwave gets what I paid - fees. The seller isn't taking a hit on these deals. They simply reap the benefits of the huge rebates....in my case, it was 30% from MS, 10% from Ebay and $40.00 from Evga.

I mean the Ebay fees for buy it now are about 12% (or maybe 10%), plus 3% for Paypal. So MWave loses $40 to Ebay on a $260 sale. Ebay and MS probably both pay for the deal, and I'd guess Ebay pays most of it, since they are the only ones with such high % off.

What do you mean? Mwave gets what I paid - fees. The seller isn't taking a hit on these deals. They simply reap the benefits of the huge rebates....in my case, it was 30% from MS, 10% from Ebay and $40.00 from Evga.

I think he meant eBay's seller fees coupled with PayPal's transaction fees - provided that you have anything but the standard PayPal membership.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I mean the Ebay fees for buy it now are about 12% (or maybe 10%), plus 3% for Paypal. So MWave loses $40 to Ebay on a $260 sale. Ebay and MS probably both pay for the deal, and I'd guess Ebay pays most of it, since they are the only ones with such high % off.

I ran the numbers, and I come up with $20.00 in fees (and that assumes that they get no discount for high volume and that stores aren't paying extra), including 3% to paypal.

$3 listing fee
2.20 commision on the first $25.00
7.05 commision on the last 235
7.80 in paypal fees.

However, the other thing to keep in mind is that ebay doesn't get to keep all of that money if you charge it to a credit card (as I always do :D). In that case, I suspect they have to pay most of the fee to the other merchant.

Regardless, it seems like a loser for parties, except for the buyer and seller.

I ran the numbers, and I come up with $20.00 in fees (and that assumes that they get no discount for high volume and that stores aren't paying extra), including 3% to paypal.

$3 listing fee
2.20 commision on the first $25.00
7.05 commision on the last 235
7.80 in paypal fees.

I think you're calculating auction style - fixed price is higher - but you're right the percentage drops after the first $50, and it might even be 6% if it's categorized as computers & networking, I'm not sure. If it's "other" it's 12% for first $50 and 6% above that.

The main idea is to get people using Paypal, Ebay, and Live. They're willing to lose some money in the process. It's probably cheaper than million dollar ads on TV.

No they aren't. They're not anywhere near that high.

For computer hardware it's cheaper, that's right, 6% of first $50 and 3.75% above $50.

On categories like DVDs & video games, Buy it now auctions are 15% for first $50 and 5% above that.

12% is for "other."

WHOA!! I think the system glitched on me and paid me two times!! Woot! It was only $74 though (I got the same amount credited two times). Mmmmmm 58% cashback =D

I didn't pay attention to these deals until late October or early November. For those that have been watching since the beginning, do they tend to pop up during a certain period in the fiscal quarter for either MS or eBay?

I didn't pay attention to these deals until late October or early November. For those that have been watching since the beginning, do they tend to pop up during a certain period in the fiscal quarter for either MS or eBay?

nah they just come and go

Question, I transferred some cashback to my pp account on the 20th, it's still pending. On the live it says it should take roughly 7 days. Should I keep waiting or contact them for help?

Its probably just backed up with the holiday season and christmas. I transfered some on the 15th, and it didnt clear for 2 weeks despite saying ETA 7 days.

no, there is a decent pattern. they introduced it in august...then...they settled down a bit as it became a success. then around the time the cashback would be received for christmas, they started it again (obvious effort to get more money spent), then it went back down for a month, then for Black Friday it went back up again, then they let it die down again.

some guy said something about jan 5th. if it isn't back by then, i'll have to do something about getting this laptop...

anywyas, i don't really see any other possible events that would rtigger another "cashback" just yet. it's too late for valentine's day or president's day. Easter is the next big holiday.

I couldn't wait any longer as a slightly used (1 month) 300GB Velociraptor came up for $157 shipped and I just had to buy it as the next cheapest one was $190. It was one of those auctions with an option to buy it now until the 1st bid. Yea I really don't need it but it is my (late) Xmas gift to myself.

no, there is a decent pattern. they introduced it in august...then...they settled down a bit as it became a success. then around the time the cashback would be received for christmas, they started it again (obvious effort to get more money spent), then it went back down for a month, then for Black Friday it went back up again, then they let it die down again.

some guy said something about jan 5th. if it isn't back by then, i'll have to do something about getting this laptop...

anywyas, i don't really see any other possible events that would rtigger another "cashback" just yet. it's too late for valentine's day or president's day. Easter is the next big holiday.

That would be a nice b-day present for me, I need a hard drive and a motherboard.

i doubt we will see much more of this, as the economy crumbles companies want to make money...

i doubt we will see much more of this, as the economy crumbles companies want to make money...
Hence the only way to move more inventory is to discount.. It's all about volume now. They won't be getting what they want for their items in large enough numbers without discounts.

I understand that w1retap, but buying stuff on ebay doesnt just involve 1 company......

I noticed over the past few weeks the Live Cashback sponsored links were gone from live.com.. they're back now, but no percentages are appearing. Maybe they're getting ready to do another round?

Just searched for: cheap wii
Got the 20% off link!

not for ebay .. sorry to get you excited :(

I don't know if this is normal or not .. but.. it helps a little.

Earn 10.00% cashback from TigerDirect, Inc.

Search Term: TigerDirect

Anyone got their cashback yet? Mine is still in "pending" status. I bought some items off ebay (with the live cashback) on Thanksgiving. Do I really need to wait a full 60 days or is this a 'Live' scam??

Anyone got their cashback yet? Mine is still in "pending" status. I bought some items off ebay (with the live cashback) on Thanksgiving. Do I really need to wait a full 60 days or is this a 'Live' scam??

its full 60 days.

Just be patient.

I've received about $500

Ive received over 1000$

Oh, still no bounce from the 2$ bills for all you haters out there.

No scam - it works. Most of them you have to wait the full 60 days but a very small percentage of the transactions resulted in an instant cashback.

After 60 days, you used to have to request the payout - but now even the payout requests are automated. Only thing is, once you request the payment, it takes about 7 more days to get the payment. They were pretty good about it in months past but the few payments I requested in mid-December have yet to be paid out. The last payment I got was requested on December 19 and that was paid out last week. I have a couple other requests from December 20 that haven't been paid.

So they're either really behind . . . or out of funds . . . or???

One i requested mid-dec took 2 weeks instead of 7 days.

If I don't get these payouts by this time next week, it'll be over a month since I made the request!

And that, of course, is after a 60 day wait just to be able to make the payment request.

Back