EA Indie Bundle - Huh? (Steam 70% off)

Jagger100

Supreme [H]ardness
I believe the 70% comes from the base price of individual games summed together. The bundle savings is based off the individual sale price, so it looks much less.

Individual games are 50% off.

Bundle Price $20.98

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14499/

Death spank $7.50
Death spank: throngs of virtue $7.50
Shank $5
Shank 2 $5
Gattling Gears $5
Warp $5

I think EA Formerly Indie Bundle is a better title.

http://www.ripten.com/2012/05/05/mojang-founder-speaks-out-regarding-eas-indie-bundle/

Notch is back in the news again, and this time it is not to challenge Bethesda to a lawsuit-settling match of Quake 3. Markus “Notch” Persson let some personal thoughts fly on EA’s “indie bundle” via Twitter.

EA has recently released a game bundle on Steam that includes such games as Warp, Shank and Deathspank. Notch’s anger is not aimed toward the release or even the games in the bundle, but EA’s choice to label it as “indie bundle”. “EA releases an “indie bundle? That’s not how it works, EA,” Notch said. ”Stop attempting to ruin everything, you bunch of cynical bastards.”

He was also noted saying, “Indies are saving gaming. EA is methodically destroying it.”

So basically, LOL EA.

I'm not sure I agree with him stating Indies are saving gaming. Most indie games are garbage, with a select few that are actually note worthy.

I hate how a lot of people hype up indie games and think its the best thing since sliced bread.

I'm not sure I agree with him stating Indies are saving gaming. Most indie games are garbage, with a select few that are actually note worthy.

I hate how a lot of people hype up indie games and think its the best thing since sliced bread.

Wow don't rain on the parade... when PC gaming really its its prime it was a bunch of bad games along with a bunch of good games..

The way Indie games are saving PC gaming is they are actually being innovative where the mainstream PC is anything but.

the price of innovation is there is bound to be a bunch of not very good games, but the upside is you'll have some gaming experiences you never would have had before.

IMO indie gaming may not be saving PC gaming in the AAA titles, but it is a huge movement to push PC gaming back to its roots.

Notch sounds like a bit of an asshole. However these titles can still qualify a bit as indie. They're made by small self-funded studios and published under EA Partners which means EA owns nothing expect publishing rights the games are owned by their developers and the developers themselves are not owned by anyone. The term indie can really mean a wide variety of things and I don't think forcing it to sound like some holier-than-though elitist society does any good.

Well the difference is when you buy a garbage Indy game you're out $5-10 at most, when you buy a garbage mainstream game you're out $50-60.

Well the difference is when you buy a garbage Indy game you're out $5-10 at most, when you buy a garbage mainstream game you're out $50-60.

I usually don't buy mainstream games on day one unless I know they are proven, else I wait for a price drop. I feel scammed when I buy an indie game (low price of entry, sure) and it ends up being crappy. I feel equally scammed when I buy a game that is backed by a large publisher (cough EA, Activision, Ubisoft) and it ends up sucking.

I usually don't buy mainstream games on day one unless I know they are proven, else I wait for a price drop. I feel scammed when I buy an indie game (low price of entry, sure) and it ends up being crappy. I feel equally scammed when I buy a game that is backed by a large publisher (cough EA, Activision, Ubisoft) and it ends up sucking.

I don't consider it being scammed if I buy a game I didn't like on impulse or against reviews.

I do consider it scamming if I buying a game that was falsely reviewed because the publisher effectively paid off the reviewers.

Notch sounds like a bit of an asshole. However these titles can still qualify a bit as indie. They're made by small self-funded studios and published under EA Partners which means EA owns nothing expect publishing rights the games are owned by their developers and the developers themselves are not owned by anyone. The term indie can really mean a wide variety of things and I don't think forcing it to sound like some holier-than-though elitist society does any good.

He does come off as a bit of an asshole, but I think he has a point. Most of the current "Indie Bundles" are a donation-based, "pay what you want" thing. This just comes off as EA's attempt to cash in on the "Indie Bundle" moniker while charging a set $20 for the whole thing.

Doesn't really matter if EA owns the devs or not, they are still getting paid.

Does this still have EA's crapy DRM on it?

Yup just like how all steam games have crappy Valve DRM.

Amazes me how people still bash Origin. When its exactly like steam.. The app even does some features better then Steam.

And yes.. Notch is an asshole and an idiot.

I was talking about where you can only activate it so many time's. I was reading that Gattling Gears was like that but I could be wrong. I Like steam and I don't mine Origin. I'm always online so it's not a big deal. Also trying to keep up with all the disk's and crap is a bitch lol.

Yup just like how all steam games have crappy Valve DRM.

Amazes me how people still bash Origin. When its exactly like steam.. The app even does some features better then Steam.

And yes.. Notch is an asshole and an idiot.

Steam does have advantages over EA. There's no activation limit and Steam has an offline mode (when it feels like working).

Steam does have advantages over EA. There's no activation limit and Steam has an offline mode (when it feels like working).
Some steam games still carry the activation limit. Not Steam's doing but publisher. And EA is one of the bigger offenders.

Back