EA: 60% Off Origin Games

WorldExclusive

[H]F Junkie
Promotion Over. Thank you for keeping the thread clean.

Enjoy your games!

Last edited:
I was going to wait to see where Origin was headed with their business practices before I invested in them. But these are tempting.

Fortunately I have a huge backlog already to justify holding off.

alice:madness returns is half off on steam this weekend, 15 dollars i think. just an fyi for people wanting the game but not through origins.

Definitely grabbing NFS Hot Pursuit. No interest in any other games they have to offer tbh (that I don't already own/haven't played).

The new Alice game was very pretty .. good voice acting ... but fails big time in that it's a classic platformer. You have to collect things. It's very linear in design. No going off the beaten path even though much of the scenery is lush, wonderful on the eyes, just down inviting and begs you to explore but ... you can't. Which is just a shame. I gave the game a good 2 hours of my life before I become bored and had no desire whatsoever to continue. There are a host of enemies you have dispatch and you do have a handful of different attacks. After a few minutes of this tho, you quickly find that the monsters really do not pose much of a threat so running and bumping into them, even purposely allowing them to hit you does not cause your death right away. What you end up is a game that offers nothing new, been there done that that, really doesn't offer the player much of a challenge. The constant button mashing becomes old fast and you will find yourself wanting to wake up from Alice's dream rather than staying asleep and enjoying what could have been a really great game.

The new Alice game was very pretty .. good voice acting ... but fails big time in that it's a classic platformer. You have to collect things. It's very linear in design. No going off the beaten path even though much of the scenery is lush, wonderful on the eyes, just down inviting and begs you to explore but ... you can't. Which is just a shame. I gave the game a good 2 hours of my life before I become bored and had no desire whatsoever to continue. There are a host of enemies you have dispatch and you do have a handful of different attacks. After a few minutes of this tho, you quickly find that the monsters really do not pose much of a threat so running and bumping into them, even purposely allowing them to hit you does not cause your death right away. What you end up is a game that offers nothing new, been there done that that, really doesn't offer the player much of a challenge. The constant button mashing becomes old fast and you will find yourself wanting to wake up from Alice's dream rather than staying asleep and enjoying what could have been a really great game.

Sounds like an Amazon review. ;)

Tried the code on Bulletstorm. Didn't work for me. I live in Finland.

A few people in Canada got it to work. Could be NA only.

Did you log into Origin first, add game to cart, then entered the code in all caps?
You have to buy the game through Origin.

So it being a classic platformer aka what they wanted to design it as means it fails? I don't get it at all. Being a classic platformer sounds excellent to me. Just because you don't like old platformers doesn't mean it fails, it just means you don't like it.

Worth using this on Dragon Age 2? While I did enjoy DA1 I'm not super attached like some people are. Only other option in that list would be NFS:Hot Pursuit but I've never even tried playing a racing game before.

classic platformer, yeah, don't take my words out of context as it relates to the whole of my mini-review. Classic platformer from days of old. Run, jump up / down a level, grab an orb or what have you, collect items, fighting baddies along the way, etc. As I said, it is pretty. I will admit that, some people want simple mindless fun. Alice is that for sure. However, it absolutely does nothing else. It's a safe $5 dollar purchase. I wouldn't put $10 on it tho. Ten dollars, put that in savings / vacation or your kids car / college fund.

Just noticed over on Slickdeals that this works for the 800 point Bioware points card - it's $4 with the coupon (normally $10). The 1600 point one still shows up as $20 though.

Bit of a discount on ME2 DLC that way if anyone is looking to get any.

Attempted to use this on Crysis 2 and it did not work.... anyone having luck with this?

Never mind i was a dumb ass, didn't read that it only work through the client.... will have to try after work.

Good deal if you don't already own these games. Unfortunately, I already own all of the one's I'd want.

Attempted to use this on Crysis 2 and it did not work.... anyone having luck with this?

Never mind i was a dumb ass, didn't read that it only work through the client.... will have to try after work.

FWIW, I paid $18 for Crysis 2 and I still feel like I was ripped off due to the boring, lackluster game play.

FWIW, I paid $18 for Crysis 2 and I still feel like I was ripped off due to the boring, lackluster game play.

Yah i dont expect anything groundbreaking or amazing, its just a game that i have been wanting to try since it launched and being only on Origin didn't figure i would ever see it below 20$.

Bit on NHL '09, only had up to '07, and $4 is hard to pass up

This also works on Bioware points. Was able to pick up enough points to finally buy all the ME2 DLC which never go on sale on PC.

I think Crysis 2 is worth about $20.

It looks nice with the high res textures and DX11 now, and the variations in enemies, weapons, and locations are OK. The storyline kept me interested. However, like you said, at the end of the day the overall gameplay is pretty standard stuff, so it's nothing groundbreaking in the gameplay department.

Code doesn't work.

It seems a lot of the games are already discounted 60% automatically save for the very new games.

For example, Sims 3 is $12 instead of $29.99-- 60% (59.9%) discount.

The code can't be used for the new games such as Sims 3 Plus Pets which is $49.99. Doesn't work on Bioware Points either. I tried to get 1600 points but it didn't work.

I'm from California by the way.

Code doesn't work.

It seems a lot of the games are already discounted 60% automatically save for the very new games.

For example, Sims 3 is $12 instead of $29.99-- 60% (59.9%) discount.

The code can't be used for the new games such as Sims 3 Plus Pets which is $49.99. Doesn't work on Bioware Points either. I tried to get 1600 points but it didn't work.

I'm from California by the way.

When you apply the code in the cart and continue shopping, while browsing Origin applies the code throughout the marketplace. Pretty slick huh?

So it did work, just for your convenience it shows every game discounted for browsing. Also follow the instructions in the OP.

When you apply the code in the cart and continue shopping, while browsing Origin applies the code throughout the marketplace. Pretty slick huh?

So it did work, just for your convenience it shows every game discounted for browsing. Also follow the instructions in the OP.

I never even applied the code in the first place.

I just added a random game to the cart, entered billing and address information, and added the promo code last.

Code was never applied until the very end.

cool, thanks for this. just picked up dead space 2 for $8.

(albuquerque, nm, usa)

EA needs to give us Madden and NHL back on the PC now that they have origin to combat piracy ;) No excuses left.

EA needs to give us Madden and NHL back on the PC now that they have origin to combat piracy ;) No excuses left.

Origin is actually really light in terms of DRM, although possibly dependent on the game. It may actually only be needed to initially download and activate the game.

Bad Company 2 for instance does not require Origin running in the background or even installed to work. I haven't bothered downloading other games to test it.

BF 2142 for 6 bucks is a good time waster for the next few days. Thanks op!

how exactly did you do that?

I've only gotten it to work on the 800 point one - doesn't work on the 1600. Add it to cart and enter the code, it should refresh and show up as $4.

I can't figure out a way to change quantities though, so you have to do multiple transactions.

Back