Dying Light: The Beast

definitely looks better than Dying Light 2...I hear going forward Techland wants to release smaller Dying Light games with a quicker turnaround of 2- 3 years
Why spend 5+ years making one $80 game when you can make three $60 DLC-sized games in the same time?
We are being conned.
 
Why spend 5+ years making one $80 game when you can make three $60 DLC-sized games in the same time?
We are being conned.
What about the episodic game craze of 20 years ago? I like this approach. Quicker turnaround for more easily digestible content. Getting too old to play so many 50+ hour epics.
 
What about the episodic game craze of 20 years ago? I like this approach. Quicker turnaround for more easily digestible content. Getting too old to play so many 50+ hour epics.

I feel similar. Not every game can be stretched out to 50+ hours, though I think DL2 was okay. It started a bit slow with the upgrades which was annoying. Otherwise I felt it was an okay length. But follow ups can be shorter as long as there is sufficient depth. They can always alternate between longer and shorter games to.
 
Is there an option to turn off head-bobbing yet?
Of all the games that have it this one wrecked me the most. Had nausea 5 minutes in.:grumpy:
 
Not sure if each code rewards a specific item or what, they're all listed as the same reward. I can't tell if they're just "tokens" where you choose a reward or if they are keeping it a mystery.
Also I redeemed all 6 codes but it's only showing 5 rewards.

Docket.png
 
I'm getting "doth protest too much" vibes when it comes to Techland talking about the size of this game.
 
I'm getting "doth protest too much" vibes when it comes to Techland talking about the size of this game.

I would have preferred a shorter game, though I too am skeptical about the side content. DL2 introduced some bland "assignments" in one of the later updates which essentially is repeating mini quests consisting of going to a place you've already been to and kill some NPCs for a reward. I'm wondering if they have 20 hours of that.

Though it may be a 20 hour story with 10-15 hours of side quests, and 15-20 hours of junk content. What I don't like is games filling your quest log/map with lots of lame activities. It makes it harder to figure out what the real side quests are. I would be nice if they were more truthful and say "18 hour story, 10 hours of side missions, 15-20 hours of repeating copy/paste mini quests" or something along those lines.

We'll have to wait and see what gamers say after they finish it.
 
I was thinking the same thing lol...I can understand one video dedicated to the beaver but it's now like 5 videos in a row where he's the main focus
I assume he's going to be in the game some way which is kind of weird
 
Behind the Scenes Developer Blog

Techland delves into Kyle Crane's return, and the artistic direction behind what he looks like now after a decade of imprisonment, and how to tell the story of his time in captivity without the player being able to constantly look at his face in what Techland refers to as an FPP game (first-person parkour)...Kyle's arms, then, were given great focus...

https://pilgrimoutpost.techlandgg.com/news/dev-blog-they-tried-to-break-him


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB56AIZV3Hw
 
This is looking to be a good game built more around 2 than 1 which for me is a good thing. However, will wait to pick it up as season will be consumed between BF6 and CODBO7.
 
This is looking to be a good game built more around 2 than 1 which for me is a good thing. However, will wait to pick it up as season will be consumed between BF6 and CODBO7.
According to the devs the game is designed to play more like 1. I think they just reused 2's engine/assets.
 
I prefer 2 over 1, especially with the stamina improvements with 2 Reloaded. Here's to hoping they give options for gameplay...
 
Swear to god I lose brain cells every time I look at system recs.
Ultra 4K 60fps frame gen with a bunch of mid range GPUs? Nobody is frame generating 4K60 with a 5070 so why even list it that way. Just do 4K 144 and list a 5080/5090 or 40 equivalent.

Also the 4070 Ti is faster than the 5070.
 
Back
Top