Dying Light 2

Delayed again to February 4, 2022.

https://twitter.com/DyingLightGame/status/1437749218324537345

1631626997901.png

I can deal with a 2 month delay...I wouldn't have been able to play it in December anyhow so I'm actually happy...publishers should not release big AAA games during the holiday...the new release date might be too close to Elden Ring's January 21 release date though...Elden Ring will take precedence for me over any other game

Not too big of a deal, although the Holiday season seems pretty bleak for new game releases. After playing the first game over the last 2 weeks, I feel like there's a lot of good stuff to build upon. Seems like this one is less reliant on zombie hordes and more focused on the survivors. That theme worked really well with TLoU2. Zombie hordes lose their impact after you've run from them for the hundredth time. Especially when you know they respawn endlessly and don't carry anything special.

I hated the first game even though I wanted to like it. But this is yet another game delayed. At this rate, most of the holiday season games are being delayed.

While the release date is "TBA", Atomic Heart was assumed to come late 2021. I'm thinking that will slip to 2022 as well.

Reactions: M76
like this
I'm not a fan of games with weapons that constantly break. Especially with DL only allowing you to repair them 3-5 times each. I never want to upgrade or stick with anything because it's all just temporary. I don't want a game to revolve around inventory. It's one reason I mostly used guns in the first game - they never break and they're consistent. I don't care about the breaking so much as the finite number of repairs. I really, really hope they get rid of that.

I'm not a fan of games with weapons that constantly break. Especially with DL only allowing you to repair them 3-5 times each. I never want to upgrade or stick with anything because it's all just temporary. I don't want a game to revolve around inventory. It's one reason I mostly used guns in the first game - they never break and they're consistent. I don't care about the breaking so much as the finite number of repairs. I really, really hope they get rid of that.
You do get a perk to eliminate the repair limit, if you ever plan to play it again I strongly recommend the durability mod.

Frankly I hate durability in games, never have I seen it implemented properly.

You do get a perk to eliminate the repair limit, if you ever plan to play it again I strongly recommend the durability mod.

Frankly I hate durability in games, never have I seen it implemented properly.

The only ability I saw like that was one that gave you a % chance of your repair not affecting the limit. I didn't have great luck with it, but it probably gave me 1-2 extra repairs on a knife I liked. By the end I was mainly just swapping off between the 3 gun types and a single trash melee weapon I would sell/replace after every mission.

I think the only game I ever recall being okay with durability in was Dark Souls 2. Oddly that was back when it was tied to your FPS and my stuff broke twice as fast. It gave me motivation to carry two good weapons at all times and to boost my STR stat. It actually did a good job of balancing certain builds, though.

(I won't take a Dying Light thread off the rails so this will be my last Dark Souls post)

I actually liked the durability in DS2 at 60fps. There really wasn't much point to the entire thing at 30fps. Nothing ever normally broke, so it was really just a way of forcing people to hit up a bonfire on occasion instead of plowing ahead. At 60fps, I had to carry 2 weapons at all times because that first one would break. In some cases (like "Horsefuck Valley" and Lud/Zallen) I'd lose one of my clubs every time. If forced me to boost certain stats so I could carry two large items and not fat roll...so it kinda dictated my approach and kept builds in check. You had to be ready to lose a weapon and swap mid-fight. Since nothing ever broke permanently, there wasn't any major consequence to losing stuff, too.

To take it back to Dying Light, losing items forever is what I don't like. It made me want to never upgrade anything. Melee stuff became totally expendable. I kept 2 heavily upgraded orange machetes (for boss fights than never actually happened) and everything else was a throw away. I did the same thing in the last Zelda, too. In a fantasy world where nothing is realistic, I don't need the supposed realism of things breaking for good.

(I won't take a Dying Light thread off the rails so this will be my last Dark Souls post)

I actually liked the durability in DS2 at 60fps. There really wasn't much point to the entire thing at 30fps. Nothing ever normally broke, so it was really just a way of forcing people to hit up a bonfire on occasion instead of plowing ahead. At 60fps, I had to carry 2 weapons at all times because that first one would break. In some cases (like "Horsefuck Valley" and Lud/Zallen) I'd lose one of my clubs every time. If forced me to boost certain stats so I could carry two large items and not fat roll...so it kinda dictated my approach and kept builds in check. You had to be ready to lose a weapon and swap mid-fight. Since nothing ever broke permanently, there wasn't any major consequence to losing stuff, too.

To take it back to Dying Light, losing items forever is what I don't like. It made me want to never upgrade anything. Melee stuff became totally expendable. I kept 2 heavily upgraded orange machetes (for boss fights than never actually happened) and everything else was a throw away. I did the same thing in the last Zelda, too. In a fantasy world where nothing is realistic, I don't need the supposed realism of things breaking for good.
You can find orange stuff all the time at the vendors across the map at higher levels. Same thing with mods There is no need to fear losing them. Keep an eye out for purples and blues, too, as some of them can have higher DPS than the orange stuff and can be bolstered with mods. The important thing to watch out for is two or more mod slots. The vendor inventory gets so good by the late game that I almost just completely stop scavenging containers for stuff. If you reach max level and grind out Legend Skill levels and put all of them into unarmed you won't even need weapons anymore.

This game apparently takes place on a planet with half of Earth's gravity. Everything looks way too floaty.

Oh you probably have the community event turned on. I think you can disable that in the settings.
Huh? In the gameplay footage, the player essentially floats through the air when they run and jump. It looks,kind of ridiculous, like there's a bout half the gravity as in reality.

Huh? In the gameplay footage, the player essentially floats through the air when they run and jump. It looks,kind of ridiculous, like there's a bout half the gravity as in reality.
It does look like there is less gravity than the original game. They probably designed the world, first, and needed to alter the game mechanics to allow traversal.

Oh my bad! I thought this was the thread for the first game.

Still begs the question of what "100% completion rate" means, exactly. Seasonal events? Radiant quests? The neverending cycle of FOMO?
I'm assuming to get all the trophies/achievements they'll release with the game.

Back