Dying Light 2

Well I seriously hope this doesnt end up bad. I dont want to deal with another CP 2077 mess that they rushed out. No plans to prebuy this anymore though, I will wait and see how it is after launch then make my decision.

Dying Light 2 Release Date Leaked Ahead of Official Reveal

The Dying Light 2 release date will officially be revealed later today, but ads that have started showing up online already confirmed when the game will release

These ads, which are being shown on multiple websites, Twitch included, confirm the game from Techland will be released on PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox One on December 7th...the ads also revealed details on the pre-order bonuses, which include a Reload Outfit, Reload Weapons Skin, and Reload Paraglider Skin...

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

definitely a graphics downgrade but gameplay still looks pretty good...looking forward to it...let's see if they can actually hit their December date...I'm guessing they'll announce another delay closer to December- "we need more time to polish the game" etc

Numbing violence no thanks.

GoT.gif

I never had a weapon break before I replaced it.

I played the game through again just 6 month ago, weapon breaking is real and the skill for infinite repair is a long unlock.

I had end game weapons by level 8, durability is a shitty mechanic that no game has gotten right.

maybe you just use garbage weapons?

First one was an unexpected blast, I got it for $15, expecting it to be mediocre. Once I started, I couldn't put it down, it's a blast, and part 2 is looking to be just as fun.

Came across the first game recently, seems like it was decent enough. Never paid attention to it and didn't realize it existed until recently. Worth playing Dying Light 1 over Days Gone?

Numbing violence no thanks.

I might like this one if they tone down the parkour shit.

Gotta agree, much as it might not be the opinion of the echo chamber here. Remove the damn parkour, get rid of the swearing and FILTH, and take out the zombies - nobody believes zombies are real. Then add Formula 1 cars and same-sex romance options.

BOOM. Easy GOTY. (you're welcome)

Last edited:
Came across the first game recently, seems like it was decent enough. Never paid attention to it and didn't realize it existed until recently. Worth playing Dying Light 1 over Days Gone?

Yes. Both are fun, but Dying Light was more fun than Days Gone, and felt less grindy.

Gotta agree, much as it might not be the opinion of the echo chamber here. Remove the damn parkour, get rid of the swearing and FILTH, and take out the zombies - nobody believes zombies are real. Then add Formula 1 cars and same-sex romance options.

BOOM. Easy GOTY. (you're welcome)

LOL

Looks potentially promising and I'm still interested to see if they confirm Linux support, but here's something I wrote for a Steam DL2 forum post discussing multiple avatars specifically a female option -

"
It would be disappointing not to offer at least a female playable character option (and ideally offer more in depth customization of appearance in general) The original Dying Light has a long discussion thread and frustration with the lack of alternate models, especially a female option, for co-op use. Now, granted , DL1 being a relatively small studio project years and years ago it was somewhat understandable (though admittedly, it was a bit grating that there was years of after-market pay-exclusive DLC that basically amounted to outfits for Crane, but no alternate models or avatars.).

However, with a title nearly launching in 2022, designed with co-op in mind, sold for AAA pricing plus multiple Deluxe / Ultimate edition packs etc... its just doesn't seem acceptable to have the "4 copies of the main character" dynamic again. Almost every other multiplayer / co-op zombie title out there, from those prior to Dying Light like the Dead Island series, to Left4Dead series, Zombie Army series etc... all offer multiple discrete avatars including female options. Dying Light 2 not doing so after such delays seems to be mind boggling.

There are many ways to approach this aspect of development, from the most immersive and expensive of having multiple playable avatars each with their own voice, model, and place in the story (which frankly a high profile title like this should consider) but even on the other end there is a preferential compromise. If the game's story is about a single character, then give players their choice to create a "wanderer" with a masculine or feminine body / voice as they wish (and as much small/detail customization as is possible within, such as hairstyles and the like). NPCs can reference the player as "Wanderer" or by a last name (ie Addressing players as "Crane" most of the time regardless if they chose the "Kyle Crane" male avatar or" Kylie Crane" female one etc) so a minimal amount of changing to dialog will be necessary. Yes, this will require them to rig up a female model for full movement, action , equipment and - assuming the protagonist is not mute - will need a feminine voiceover as well. However, for making a major AAA title releasing within weeks of 2022 this is not an unreasonable request.

This issue has been discussed for years and it is mind blowing that Techland would move forward without addressing a major quality of life and characterization feature that is present in just about every co-op title for good reason. This adds insult to injury given the delays, price point and special packages revealed, as well as the previous title's precedent of selling DLC that is essentially clothing for a single model/avatar. I'd very much like to support Dying Light 2, but if they fail to deliver on a reasonable compromise variant that enables both male and female avatars, it seems to be a striking amount of corner cutting that is jarring in comparison not just to other titles but to the way they've positioned and priced the game.

I can only hope that the developers will provide some opportunity for multiple avatars and/or both male and female versions of a main character.

Edit: and before anyone cries about TEH SJW PLOT or whatever nonsense, nobody is asking that the protagonist ONLY be female or some such, simply to give players a choice of / customization of avatars that includes a female option - an extremely common practice among other multiplayer adventure titles, zombie action/survival, and more.

"

Dying Light 2 Stay Human | Official GeForce RTX 4K Reveal Trailer

Ray tracing looks good, but overall the graphics don't look much different from the first game. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, as the first game was already pretty good looking, but no real progress over the last 6 years? It's good that they got rid of the default color filter, but now the game just looks sort of flat and dull in that trailer.

I'm really hyped for this game again...I was really high on it when it was first announced, then all the behind the scenes drama happened which lowered my expectations...but now everything they've been showing looks amazing (graphics, gameplay etc)

Dying Light 2 Stay Human- Decide the Fate of the City- Gameplay Trailer

After seeing the extended video today, I've re-installed the original game and am giving it another try. I bailed on it due to performance issues back in the day. I have to admit that it looks pretty great even 5-6 years later. With the details cranked, it looks as good as most anything else out there.

Part 1 was solid and I'd argue overachieved. Pretty good chances are I'm all in for this when it hits.
I was quite happily surprised when I tried it for myself after how much I hated Dead Island. Turned out to be my 2015 GOTY. I honestly didn't start playing The Witcher 3 until 2018 even though it, too, came out in 2015.

I was quite happily surprised when I tried it for myself after how much I hated Dead Island. Turned out to be my 2015 GOTY. I honestly didn't start playing The Witcher 3 until 2018 even though it, too, came out in 2015.

I think too many people associate Dead Island with Dying Light...same concept but Dying Light is the much more polished game...and they've supported it with new content for years

I think in my mind I actually confused Dying Light with Dead Island. When I started the game, I was expecting to be in a hotel and swinging boat oars and such. I got pretty far into Dead Island, but I think I only barely played Dying Light.
I have faint memories of some of the parkour elements and a horrible stutter in the beginning areas, so I probably just bailed on the game.
So far I'm impressed with the visuals and the speed of the game. I keep trying to press the A button to jump, though. I find it pretty odd that they won't let you remap it.
Things are overwhelming and I'm mostly just running away from everything so far. I'm guessing that's intentional, although the game did give me a boatload of ammo. Melee weapons seem like trash, though. 5 dead enemies and they're broken.

Last edited:
I think in my mind I actually confused Dying Light with Dead Island. When I started the game, I was expecting to be in a hotel and swinging boat oars and such. I got pretty far into Dead Island, but I think I only barely played Dying Light.
I have faint memories of some of the parkour elements and a horrible stutter in the beginning areas, so I probably just bailed on the game.
So far I'm impressed with the visuals and the speed of the game. I keep trying to press the A button to jump, though. I find it pretty odd that they won't let you remap it.
Things are overwhelming and I'm mostly just running away from everything so far. I'm guessing that's intentional, although the game did give me a boatload of ammo. Melee weapons seem like trash, though. 5 dead enemies and they're broken.
You won't have an issue with melee weapons once you level up some. The loot lists and durability get better really fast, especially after you hit level 10 or so. The beginning of the game is pretty rough, though. By the end of the game you'll start to wonder why you were running from Volatiles in the first place.

The buttons on the controller are mapped in such a way so you're free to use the right stick to look around, since parkour is a major gameplay element. It is especially apparent why it was done this way when you do the parkour challenges. If it bothers you then you can remap the controls in the Steam controller settings since the game won't let you. Just Shift+Tab to the overlay in the game and click the Controller settings in the top-right. You can click on a button, trigger, or stick and can assign any key or action you want to them. You might have to enable Steam controller mapping in the game properties to do that.

Clearly they made some tweaks to the game with some of the updates they rolled out. For the last couple days everything has been in low gravity mode and I'm able to jump 50 feet and traverse the whole map rather quickly. Dead or kicked zombies also float around a little. Normally I'd be annoyed since I'm (mostly) new to the game, but it has made getting around way easier/faster. I'm still not feeling RB as a jump button and I hit A out of habit like 1/2 the time. Swapping things via hardware works...but it changes everything, and the prompts don't match. It's like Nioh all over again. I wish developers would just allow controllers to remap their buttons completely, just like KB/M.

Once you get further in, Melee is the way to go. The beginning is definitely rough, like someone said above.

Somewhere about halfway through the game or so, I think I hit a tipping point where the entire game just became easy mode and I was basically just continuing on for the story (not a bad thing).

Clearly they made some tweaks to the game with some of the updates they rolled out. For the last couple days everything has been in low gravity mode and I'm able to jump 50 feet and traverse the whole map rather quickly. Dead or kicked zombies also float around a little. Normally I'd be annoyed since I'm (mostly) new to the game, but it has made getting around way easier/faster. I'm still not feeling RB as a jump button and I hit A out of habit like 1/2 the time. Swapping things via hardware works...but it changes everything, and the prompts don't match. It's like Nioh all over again. I wish developers would just allow controllers to remap their buttons completely, just like KB/M.
Oh that's a "community event" you can opt out in the Options menu.

Oh that's a "community event" you can opt out in the Options menu.
Honestly, I like it. The game has been a series of fetch quests and endless waves of enemies so far. At least I can run/jump everything pretty quickly now. I have a feeling that I might've bailed on the game the first time because this wasn't in place.

Once you get further in, Melee is the way to go. The beginning is definitely rough, like someone said above.

Somewhere about halfway through the game or so, I think I hit a tipping point where the entire game just became easy mode and I was basically just continuing on for the story (not a bad thing).
The game is actually quite challenging on the hardest difficulty throughout. I don't like that they disable some of the game mechanics in it, though, like being able to quickly scan the environment for objects.

The public event is apparently over. I've noticed that dying now penalizes me survival points, my ammo doesn't regenerate, and traversing the map now takes forever. I want them to launch another one already :p.

Back