Dungeon Runners Beta Invites Thread

So, is this thing any good? I didn't have time to read through all 11 pages, but noticed someone posting about serious lag. Has this sort of stuff been worked out? I'm playing Guild Wars: Nightfall and enjoying it, but this looks interesting as well. If anyone has an invite, I'd like to try it out. PM me please... ;)

Hey guys, this game looks pretty cool, if anyone has an extra invite I'd be grateful.

techx4 {-AT-} gmail.com

I would like an invite or two for me and my wife,thanks in advance :)

Tar Baby 4Ever [et] mail dot [com]

mark i latimer [at} g mail dhot com

helene whissell [at} hotmail dhot com

Manny Calavera said:
I would like an invite or two for me and my wife,thanks in advance :)

Tar Baby 4Ever [et] mail dot [com]

mark i latimer [at} g mail dhot com

helene whissell [at} hotmail dhot com

once you get invited, you can then invite your wife

I'd love an invite if anyone has one open. I like these games over the traditionall MMO since combat is real time like Diablo II...you click and keep clicking. It's a hack and slash!

If anyone has invites, I'd greatly appreciate it. Email is harkamus at mindspring dot com

EDIT: I will of course send out the invites I get as well to people from these boards.

Hey guys! I would love to try this out. If someone would be kind enough to send me an invite, I will return the favor to the next people in this thread who make requests. Thank you; my email is:
[email protected]

How is the game? Those that got invited, could you post your impressions? Is it Diablo-esque? Did they stop the friend referal invite thing?

Harkamus said:
How is the game? Those that got invited, could you post your impressions? Is it Diablo-esque? Did they stop the friend referal invite thing?

Just finished playing for the past, umm 5 hours or so.. well, it is similar to wow, which is the only other mmo I've played so I dont have much to compare to. But it's similar in terms of gameplay/quests/etc, even down to the yellow '?' and '!' over the NPC heads, the style of the GUI, the use of instances, etc. Although wow is a little more intuitive with it's controls, DR's feels clunky and unrefined, you can only move the camera on 2 axis as opposed to 3, meaning you cant look up or down, bleh, you get used to it after a while though. There are also weird camera issues when your in dungeons fighting and you see yourself through a semi-transparent wall and your trying to click on enemies. Which brings me to the next problem, targeting seems to be only accomplished by incessant clicking ala Diablo, where-as in wow you have a bound-key that lets you select the closest target, maybe I just didn't see it. The quests are very similar to wow as well. There are (expensive) skills you can buy, craploads of loot, pots, and all the typical items you would expect. One cool feature lets you jump to the location of anyone in your group, which saves so much time in having to hunt them down on foot, lets you get right into the action after you die or go to sell your gear.. The performance seemed good, I had decent quality settings/res, and i have a old 6800gt, not one crash or lockup, just a bit of lag here or there. The audio was ehh ok, annoying NPC's and ambient sounds but you come to ignore it after a while.. Overall I did enjoy myself, but the game feels a bit shallow, very hack & slashy/loot mangement stuff... but it's still fun and I'd probably keep playing... As for invites I'll give em out if I can find out where to do it... ?

edit: ok I found where to do it

krameriffic said:

Sent.

Toaster said:
If there are any more invites floating around, I would like one..

[email protected]

-Thanks!!

Sent.

mirkendargen said:
If someone could send me an invite, I'd be very grateful ;)

[email protected]

And Sent :)

If anyone needs help I'm under the name Wretch

If anyone still has one. I'd still like to try it out. email addy is still harkamus at mindspring dot com.

We should get a [H] guild going for it if it has guild support.

Thanks for the impression, TechX. I too came from WoW. I haven't played WoW since August.

Harkamus said:
If anyone still has one. I'd still like to try it out. email addy is still harkamus at mindspring dot com.

We should get a [H] guild going for it if it has guild support.

Thanks for the impression, TechX. I too came from WoW. I haven't played WoW since August.

Sent ;)

Hit me at Ampidire @ gmail dot com please!

Back