Dude i'm not gettin a dell ever again.

SJConsultant said:
If you have next business day service, then thats what you should be getting. Speaking from experience, I had two brand new Dell Optiplex GX280s delivered for two different clients, one installed with no problems, the other was DOA out of the box.

Called tech support, and the next day a tech arrived with new parts. Once the unit was fixed it's been working flawless for 6 months so far.

I've installed close to a hundred Dell systems and this was my first experience with *any* problems of hardware malfunction.

Ya I should have got next day service since I did pay for it. Hate paying for something and they dont deliver on there promise. But if they wont submit it how am I to get it? After all you are on a phone and they can do whatever they want, it is not like you can say I want to see your manager and stand there till they show up,,,,,I was a manager before so seen it many times :) . They put me on hold and never come back. And mind you I was always very polite. Maybe I was too polite and they took there lunch break on my calls. Hell I dont know. This was 6 years ago, it was the first computer I had ever bought cause at the time I had heard dell was good. Dells customer service of course has had to have gotten better or they would have gone out of business, so no clue what it like now . Maybe I just had extremely bad luck :(

I must say I'm rather satisfied with my Dimension 8400. However, it did ship with a faulty hard drive when I first opened it Xmas day, so you could imagine I was pretty pissed with them that it hadn't even been OUT of the box yet. So I called them to send me a new hard drive, but instead they sent it to one of their creepy certified technicians who actually brought his overly talkative wife with him to repair it. All the hastle saved me from the pre-installed Dell bloatware but I'd rather of just reformatted -_-.

soulsaver_8229 said:
Dude you got a broken dell!

in all serriousness, dont blame dell................your such a bangwagon boi for blameing the company........hey are you perfect? at work do you diliver on time every time? night day? dell has worked hard to be where they are, for you to say they suck......not just OP, but anyone.......how much money do you make again? and how many computers do you sell each year? do you have award winning customer support? :p yeahhhhhhhhh stewfu!

stop hoping on this lame band wagon people.......crap happens, send it back, call CS, dont whine on these forums about crap you can change......computers break, componets fail, shipping isnt 100pct effective, serriously, cut it out, eaither do something about it, or go home.........this aint a blog ;)

good luck whatever you do tho OP, sounds like a nice rig, shame it didnt work on yah =/

soulsaver_8229

somebody must work for Dell

To the OP, did you order your computer through dell home or small business? The support with small business is exponentially better. All my dealings with dell home have gone badly, but dealing with my small business account, everything gets done promptly and correctly the first time.

For example: I ordered my LCD from dell home and they had problems shipping it to me; the address was screwed up. I dealt with dell home support, based in India, for over a week and my LCD was getting shipped all over the place as they tryed to fix the address. I called the small business support(I ordered my laptop through them), based in America, explained my situation and that I had used dell home to get the deal. She said she understood and would ship out a new LCD to me. I called at 4:00pm CST and at 10am the next day, the LCD that the lady from small business shipped out arrived. For all I know my other one is still sitting in a truck somewhere.

Dell home = bad
Dell Small Business = good

I got a Dell SC420 not to long ago. It is my First OEM computer in 10 years. I am quite happy with it , I could not pass up the deal . ( sub-$300 )

brom42 said:
To the OP, did you order your computer through dell home or small business? The support with small business is exponentially better. All my dealings with dell home have gone badly, but dealing with my small business account, everything gets done promptly and correctly the first time.

For example: I ordered my LCD from dell home and they had problems shipping it to me; the address was screwed up. I dealt with dell home support, based in India, for over a week and my LCD was getting shipped all over the place as they tryed to fix the address. I called the small business support(I ordered my laptop through them), based in America, explained my situation and that I had used dell home to get the deal. She said she understood and would ship out a new LCD to me. I called at 4:00pm CST and at 10am the next day, the LCD that the lady from small business shipped out arrived. For all I know my other one is still sitting in a truck somewhere.

Dell home = bad
Dell Small Business = good

All of it is based in India now. I am a Dell Business and Dell Home Customer and I get crappy service no matter which one I call. But I have figured out that if I call before 5 EST, I get an American, well most of the time. Tech Support is always out of India.

machwireless said:
All of it is based in India now. I am a Dell Business and Dell Home Customer and I get crappy service no matter which one I call. But I have figured out that if I call before 5 EST, I get an American, well most of the time. Tech Support is always out of India.

I always call during the day, and have gotten Americans every time. The US Small Business probably just work 9-5 when most of the businesses are going to be calling in and dump everything over to India after hours. I am just going after personal experiance. I in no way have called enough to get an accurate representation of their support.

TranquilRed said:
I must say I'm rather satisfied with my Dimension 8400. However, it did ship with a faulty hard drive when I first opened it Xmas day, so you could imagine I was pretty pissed with them that it hadn't even been OUT of the box yet. So I called them to send me a new hard drive, but instead they sent it to one of their creepy certified technicians who actually brought his overly talkative wife with him to repair it. All the hastle saved me from the pre-installed Dell bloatware but I'd rather of just reformatted -_-.
I work as a Dell and IBM field technician...I bring nobody other than myself to the customer's place. The tech you got bringing his wife was a BIG no-no. You should have told him to leave (or let you replace the part, I've done that before when the customer asks) and called Dell back. I had to undergo a freakin background check (thankfully no pee test) to start this job. I don't blame you for being irate...who wants a technician bringing his loud-mouth shrew of a wife along? Hell, my business partner and I only go to sites together when we're pulling cables (because that IS a two man job).

It pisses me off hearing about the unprofessionalism of other techs...no wonder the pay sucks in this field 90% of the morons doing this work did it because some other idiot or brochure told them this is where all the money was. I actually ENJOY my job and WANT to do it.

soulsaver_8229 said:
Dude you got a broken dell!

in all serriousness, dont blame dell................your such a bangwagon boi for blameing the company........hey are you perfect? at work do you diliver on time every time? night day? dell has worked hard to be where they are, for you to say they suck......not just OP, but anyone.......how much money do you make again? and how many computers do you sell each year? do you have award winning customer support? :p yeahhhhhhhhh stewfu!

stop hoping on this lame band wagon people.......crap happens, send it back, call CS, dont whine on these forums about crap you can change......computers break, componets fail, shipping isnt 100pct effective, serriously, cut it out, eaither do something about it, or go home.........this aint a blog ;)

good luck whatever you do tho OP, sounds like a nice rig, shame it didnt work on yah =/

soulsaver_8229

2nd.

Back