Dual DVI

since search has been disabled, does anybody know of any dual DVI cards out there, preferably one of the newer ATI cards?

gainward ti4600, some of the newer ati fireGL cards, matrox parhelia

Matrox offers a G450MMS with dual DVI, G550 Dual DVI, and the P650, P750, and Parhelia all have dual DVI standard.

Only ATI cards are going to be fireGL level cards and thats a ton of money for dual DVI.

Your best solution without spending alot of cash is to get a pci video card with dvi output.

Originally posted by jamestime88
cant you buy a vga>>dvi adapter?
Not that I'm aware of.
You can get a DVI>VGA adapter, but not the other way around.

XFX has a 5700 with dual DVI...was mentioned the other day on NVNews.com

alright, maybe i'll just pick up a cheaper PCI card that has DVI. I really don't see why this isn't available more, i thought DVI was cheaper to implement for manufacturers because there is no conversion needed.

I noticed ATI has a 9800 Pro Mac edition that is dual dvi. but alas, this is for a PC.

It might be possible to flash it with a PC bios... seems pretty risky though.

While DVI output may be cheaper to implement

a) cards without analog outputs aren't going to move many units

and

b) the dual-DVi cards that are sold are generally going to be sold to people who are willing to burn money.

I'd expect it's usually more expensive, since most boards with DVI outputs can handle a DVI->VGA adapter. Thus the DVI ports have all the circuitry for digital and analog, while VGA plugs only need analog.
That said, this is lame. It's understandable that most boards didn't have dual DVI, but you'd think there'd at least be a few high end gaming cards w/ it.

Originally posted by badasspenguin
I noticed ATI has a 9800 Pro Mac edition that is dual dvi. but alas, this is for a PC.
That second one is called ADC, it's an Apple version of DVI that carries some power for USB hookups on the LCD. If you haven't figured out by now it only works with Apple moniters.

Originally posted by CrimandEvil
That second one is called ADC, it's an Apple version of DVI that carries some power for USB hookups on the LCD. If you haven't figured out by now it only works with Apple moniters.
You can, however, get ADC->DVI adapters.

The ADC->DVI adapters are pretty expensive, I think, Apples goes for around $150, others go for $50 an up. The rumor is that Apple is working to redesign their moniters for DVI with a USB hookup instead of carrying the signal through the single ADC cable. I just wish that Vid cards would start to get dual DVI instead of a crappy DVI->VGA adapter.

ADC monitors are kinda nice, tho... you don't ever have to physically turn them on (they actually turn on/off with the box instead of going into a sleep mode)

Yeah the pressure/ touch sensor is pretty cool, I'm trying to find a way to mod an LCD with one, I think I'll try it out one a case mod before that. Don't know if these moniters work the same way but they're probably the closes for PCs: http://www.formac.com/p_bin/
"3 touch-sensitive buttons: Power, +/- Brightness":D

i would say get a matrox parhelia i had one before and its ok

but what pci card do u guys know of thats dvi..?

Matrox also offers a 256 meg PCI Parhelia with dual DVI, but it's insanely expensive ($700).
They also have a PCI G450 with one DVI and one analog ($115), and a PCI G450MMS dual with dual DVI ($600), and a PCI G450MMS quad with 4 DVI outputs ($800).

And if ya got big bucks to burn, they also have the Parhelia HR256 pci33/66 that will do dual DVI on the really high end digital panels up to 3840x2400.
Only $2495 ;)

I just want to say that I recommend the Geforce4 MX

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-145-052&catalog=48&depa=1

over 9200SE and 7000. Can't speak for the 5200 as I have no experience.

Of course... those are some of the few cards I'd actually consider worse than the MX :) But for a PCI card with DVI, I'm sure it'll fit the bill.

I'm using a Geforce4 MX (AGP) at work with dual monitors at 100Hz refresh rate (at 1152x864) so I consider their DVI/VGA quality to be good. (A Radeon 9200SE doing the same thing caused the monitors to whine... and that's not even addressed the terrible gaming performance, which probably doesn't matter in this case).

Back