Droid

So is it worth rooting my droid .even though 2.1 is around the corner? On a sidenote , when will swype be available.?

Without a doubt it's worth rooting your phone. Like I stated in an earlier post most of the 2.1 stuff has already been ported to current ROMs from Sholes and Pete. Screw the official 2.1 at that point. We may not even be able to root the official 2.1 right away. Why give up a rooted phone, freedom, and things like SetCPU for official 2.1? Once 2.1 gets rooted Sholes, Pete, and others will bring 2.1 ROMs to us. Then you can move to the "official" 2.1. ;)

Well, I had it rooted for awhile starting apps and especially the camera was damn near instant at 1000ghz/250ghz I went back to stock. Since the virtual. Keyboard. Started to act t funky

hi all, i just got my droid yesterday and i want to look into rooting it. however i have no idea where to start to gather the information i want. can anybody kindly point me in the right direction?

Seems the new funny thing to do is go into your local verizon store when they're pretty busy and root the display droids using SMupdater lol

Is there a way to get the Sense UI on the Droid?

You might need to root it first and then look for an app for it. I'm sure that someone in a forum has done it. If I can get TouchFlo on my XV6800, I'm sure you can get Sense UI on a Droid ;).

Closest thing to SenseUI for my Droid is Home++. Light weight, simple and not buggy. I love it!

Hey guys I just bought this combo posted on SD,

http://slickdeals.net/?pno=30814&lno=1&afsrc=1

use Code DROID35

to knock it down to 34 w/ FS. I dont need to car charger since I already have one so I will probably sell it to my friend for $5. Overall $30 for the Docking Station and Car mount seems like good price to me.

Last edited:
if you go shop by phone, select the droid, then at the bottom there is a link to browse bundles.

thanks jutsu

also, if you dont need the whole bundle, the droid35 code is just for 35% off accessories, so you can use that on the individual components.

I flashed my G1 to a newer v1.6 and it had all of the eclair apps and such, and im quite happy with it. but damn do i wish i could manage 2 gmail accounts. i hate the stock email app...

My droid decided to delete all of my texts. Seems to be a recurring issue. Blows.

Home++ looks like a home run :cool:

Home++ isn't bad but I found it to be unstable at times. I'm actually liking the 2.1 launcher that came with Sholes (now DroidMod) 2.0.3. Some people complain about it but it's been more stable then Home++ was. It's too bad Motorola has decided to not officially support the 2.1 launcher because an optimized one would have been nice. :(

My droid decided to delete all of my texts. Seems to be a recurring issue. Blows.

:eek:

I've never had that happen. Might want to try Handcent SMS. It's free and is supposed to be a pretty impressive replacement.

had that happen. Might want to try Handcent SMS. It's free and is supposed to be a pretty impressive replacement.

Yeah I have used that but I heard people having the same deleting issue wit it installed. I wonder what it could be.

do you text a lot? I haven't had this issue but I don't text very much. My girlfriend however, was having freezing issues and she texts a TON, so I had her start deleting the threads once in a while and it seems to have resolved her problems, well her problems with the phone at least :).

do you text a lot? I haven't had this issue but I don't text very much. My girlfriend however, was having freezing issues and she texts a TON, so I had her start deleting the threads once in a while and it seems to have resolved her problems, well her problems with the phone at least :).

I'm not out of control. I probably had like 1500 texts saved from a few months.

Did she change the default settings for texts? By default the Droid only saves 200 texts per contact, perhaps she changed this to a higher number and thus it started freezing..

I used Handcent, and bumped a couple people up higher than 200, and I never had any issues with it deleting things.

For those of you with thick cases/shells (or even not), I found a nice dock for the Droid. It even activates the dock app (with built in magnets) when you sit it down. Not quite as sleek as the official dock, but seems to accommodate a Droid with any type of case on it and is a bit more versatile in that you can sit the phone vertically or horizontally. The extra charging cable is pretty cheap too ($2).

Hope someone finds this useful :).

BTW: I'm not any sort of affiliate of this site/business, just an enthused Droid owner who thought this was nice.

I just got in my docking station and car mount, they are awesome but in order to use them I had to take off my BodyGlove protective case. :( Wish I thought of that ahead of time. The Car Mount is awesome, the Droid knows when it is in the dock and automatically switches to car mode.

Yeah I have used that but I heard people having the same deleting issue wit it installed. I wonder what it could be.

Without digging around, I think Handcent has a setting to auto-delete messages when it hit's a certain count. I believe it can be disabled.

I just got in my docking station and car mount, they are awesome but in order to use them I had to take off my BodyGlove protective case. :( Wish I thought of that ahead of time. The Car Mount is awesome, the Droid knows when it is in the dock and automatically switches to car mode.

Yep, it's just annoying that speakerphone is not automatically enabled, and I noticed the unlock screen freaks out when someone calls, the slider animation stops working properly until rebooted.

Yep, it's just annoying that speakerphone is not automatically enabled, and I noticed the unlock screen freaks out when someone calls, the slider animation stops working properly until rebooted.

download Car Dock Speakerphone

did you get in on the verizon deal? both docks, and a charger for 34 shipped? got mine in the mail the other day. both are pretty sweet! if anyone is interested in a case, i have a black seido case that i will not be using anymore. if interested send me a pm.

did you get in on the verizon deal? both docks, and a charger for 34 shipped? got mine in the mail the other day. both are pretty sweet! if anyone is interested in a case, i have a black seido case that i will not be using anymore. if interested send me a pm.

Yup that's the deal I got! I didn't realize the docking station came with and extra USB outlet charger and sync cable. I thought the power cord would be integrated. Amazing deal but the discount code doesn't work anymore. :(

The clock display is way to bright to use as an alarm clock in the multimedia dock. Even in night mode it lights up a room at night.

The clock display is way to bright to use as an alarm clock in the multimedia dock. Even in night mode it lights up a room at night.

yes it is. i just like it because its better than fussing with a cord before bed. just plop it in the dock and you have a nice alarm clock. i leave the light off.

Back