Dragon's Dogma 2

It's strange how often this happens. This game is at the top of the list for me.
I guess, but I looked up rise of the ronin, and it looked like a ps3 launch title. Forbidden west? I just don't give a fuck. DD2 looks god damn amazing. To the point I saw trailers and started playing the original! Which is really good! Also, I know this is not the thread for it, but I have been playing Gran Blu Rising and holy shit that's a hell of a game.

Some of us use demos to decide whether to buy, not screenshots.
Demos are great.

Combine a demo with the Steam refund policy, and with watching a YouTube review from someone whose tastes align with your own, and it really becomes a lot more difficult to make a bad decision.

These days I rarely feel like I’m wasting money on software.

One thing that looks weird is you hit these big beasts, cut them and like nothing shows on them. Like ripped skin etc. After hitting them and cutting them with sword over and over they look exactly the same. Not sure if I am the only one that thinks this is weird.

One thing that looks weird is you hit these big beasts, cut them and like nothing shows on them. Like ripped skin etc. After hitting them and cutting them with sword over and over they look exactly the same. Not sure if I am the only one that thinks this is weird.
The Witcher 3 didn't do that, either. They only got cut up if a random finisher was triggered.

The Witcher 3 didn't do that, either. They only got cut up if a random finisher was triggered.
I just wish in these types of games they would make the impact somehow visible. Otherwise it feels you are hitting a piece of plastic with another piece of plastic. Breaks up the immersion quite a bit for me.

I just wish in these types of games they would make the impact somehow visible. Otherwise it feels you are hitting a piece of plastic with another piece of plastic. Breaks up the immersion quite a bit for me.
I guess but also like...no other games really come to mind that actually do what you're asking.

This game has GOTY potential for me based on how much I liked the first one, probably end up being between this and the Elden Ring Erdtree expansion. Feeling like a good year.

I guess but also like...no other games really come to mind that actually do what you're asking.

This game has GOTY potential for me based on how much I liked the first one, probably end up being between this and the Elden Ring Erdtree expansion. Feeling like a good year.
Doom Eternal does it with firearms. Can't think of a primarily melee combat game, though.

Doom Eternal does it with firearms. Can't think of a primarily melee combat game, though.
There's Shadow Warrior (the new one, not the one from the 90's), where you can slice enemies into pieces, and the cuts are placed exactly where your sword passed through. It's really satisfying.

This has been my gripe for years especially considering we had things like the GHOUL system in Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2 in the 90s. I guess in some ways it is still a console limitation? People always waved their hand about it when I mentioned it so we must be in the minority. Oh look blood splatter, but nothing changed about the character.

I don't want to rely on a health bar. I want to be able to judge by visible damage.

This has been my gripe for years especially considering we had things like the GHOUL system in Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2 in the 90s. I guess in some ways it is still a console limitation? People always waved their hand about it when I mentioned it so we must be in the minority. Oh look blood splatter, but nothing changed about the character.

I don't want to rely on a health bar. I want to be able to judge by visible damage.
SiN also did something similar in the Quake 1/idTech 1 engine that Soldier of Fortune did with the Quake II/idTech 2 engine. It's not a console limitation, it's just the simple fact that the developers don't think it's important enough to put development time into. It's one of the many small details we've lost over the years. When was the last time we saw working mirrors in a game?

SiN also did something similar in the Quake 1/idTech 1 engine that Soldier of Fortune did with the Quake II/idTech 2 engine. It's not a console limitation, it's just the simple fact that the developers don't think it's important enough to put development time into. It's one of the many small details we've lost over the years. When was the last time we saw working mirrors in a game?

I’d imagine it’s a very time consuming process for modern games as well. When character models were made out of polys that only numbered in the dozens or few hundreds it would be a simple matter to make new assets for damage or dismemberment. You could also get away with just painting lines on a character to represent damage. Now days you would need to create brand new assets to account for every way a player could hit an opponent and you would need to make sure it looked as realistic as the rest of the game. Unless a dev wants to specifically market their damage or dismemberment system it doesn’t seem like it’s worth the time and effort required.

I’d imagine it’s a very time consuming process for modern games as well. When character models were made out of polys that only numbered in the dozens or few hundreds it would be a simple matter to make new assets for damage or dismemberment. You could also get away with just painting lines on a character to represent damage. Now days you would need to create brand new assets to account for every way a player could hit an opponent and you would need to make sure it looked as realistic as the rest of the game. Unless a dev wants to specifically market their damage or dismemberment system it doesn’t seem like it’s worth the time and effort required.
I don't think it's that much more work if you design your meshes out of the gate with dismemberment and such in mind. That is probably how id did it in Doom Eternal. I imagine if you stop and get an up close look at an enemy model in an editor that it isn't all that impressive.

I’m in a bind… I can’t wait to play this game, but I was blown away by Horizon Zero Dawn, and have been counting the days… hours!… for the release of Forbidden West.

I suppose I’ll choose the one that just runs the best.

I’m in a bind… I can’t wait to play this game, but I was blown away by Horizon Zero Dawn, and have been counting the days… hours!… for the release of Forbidden West.

I suppose I’ll choose the one that just runs the best.

I'm guessing Dragon's Dogma 2 will perform better at launch...they are not going for photorealistic graphics like Forbidden West

I'm guessing Dragon's Dogma 2 will perform better at launch...they are not going for photorealistic graphics like Forbidden West
Aside from Helldivers 2, PlayStation exclusives coming to PC haven't really made a big splash as far as player numbers go. People are not really keen on spending full price on a 2+ year old game. Helldivers was most likely different due to being simultaneous release, which we'll hopefully see more of in the future.

Was able to secure 12 days of vacation for this game but it's spit between end of March and first the week of May.I was wondering when Hellblade 2 comes out which is later in May. I have like 90 hours of vacation luckily I was able to spend them.Usually when I start playing games during a vacations I have about 2-3 days then I just loose interest after that. I stopped eating oranges lol those thing are like Aliens fruit.They look good but when you eat them everyday for about 2 months you won't feel yourself I did loose some stomach fat with them though.

Last edited:
The Character creator is available for download so you can make your customized character now on Steam.

DD2CC.jpg

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2054970/Dragons_Dogma_2/

I usually am one to preorder these type of games, but I think I'll see how reaction is at first. Moreso looking for performance base right out the gate that is.

Next week can't wait I haven't bought a AAA title all year just Dark Forces but there hasn't been much out there with substance.
What is substance anyway? Tell that to your boss someday.

Yeah I am definitely going to fold and buy this I am sure. I'll be pretty pissed off if capcom hobbles this with anti-mod drm, but I am too dam hyped to play this game already. I almost pre-ordered it a few minutes ago and spent like 3+ hours in the dam character creator the other day lol.

I can’t be the only person torn between this game and Forbidden West.

I decided on Forbidden West for a month and a half, then Ghost of Tsushima for a month and a half, and then, for the entirety of the summer, Dragon’s Dogma 2.

That should be some mighty fine gaming.

I can’t be the only person torn between this game and Forbidden West.

I decided on Forbidden West for a month and a half, then Ghost of Tsushima for a month and a half, and then, for the entirety of the summer, Dragon’s Dogma 2.

That should be some mighty fine gaming.
Get this one played Forbidden West came bundled on PS5 wasn't impressed some parts are good. I have every reason to believe this will be a blockbuster hit.

Back