Dragon's Dogma 2

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Last edited:
1655419907698.png

I rewatched the trailer a few times. It shows 2 new vocations. There's one with a bo staff with pointed ends (might be an early game twinblade). There's also another with a thurible.

visually it looks a lot like the first game...gameplay is always more important but I was hoping for a bigger jump in visuals
Environments and lighting look better, but assets look similar. Running on console, perhaps? It is supposed to be running on the current version of the RE engine. Could be a multitude of reasons, but I'd guess that they needed to hold things back to get it running sufficiently since this is a massive open world, unlike the Resident Evil or Street Fighter games. There have been no open world games made on RE Engine up to this point, as far as I know.

visually it looks a lot like the first game...gameplay is always more important but I was hoping for a bigger jump in visuals
I think the game may be targeting 60fps, becuase there are 60fps versions of this presentation:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=444&v=Et3Tzo8LJ_I&source_ve_path=MTM5MTE3LDI4NjYzLDEzNzcyMSwxMzkxMTcsMzY4NDIsMjM4NTE&feature=emb_title

The point being that PS5 has basically an RX6700 and an 8 core Zen 2 CPU which is cut down even more on clockspeed and cache, than even the 5700G.

I'm interested. I liked the first game but I didn't love it. There were some things about it that frustrated me that I am hoping are refined for this. If those refinements are there I know will be very happy with it.

The PEGI rating classification was published, revealing that the release date is March 22, 2024.

https://insider-gaming.com/dragons-dogma-2-release-date/

Q1 2024 is hot- S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, Dragon's Dogma 2, Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition PC...Last of Us Part II is also rumored to be coming to PC during that timeframe as well...Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League might be worth keeping an eye on as well due to Rocksteady's pedigree

Q1 2024 is hot- S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, Dragon's Dogma 2, Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition PC...Last of Us Part II is also rumored to be coming to PC during that timeframe as well...Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League might be worth keeping an eye on as well due to Rocksteady's pedigree

I forgot the biggest one of all- Shadow of the Erdtree (Elden Ring expansion)

I haven't seen that is crazy too bad the spell is a black cloud could of used a different color pretty sinister spell. Someone said it's better than all of Skrim's spells combined. I suppose you use that on a Boss it will run right through. That is a Dragons Dogma 1 spell damn thought it Dogma 2.

Last edited:
It always fascinates me how you look at the next calendar year and say, next year is going to be pretty weak for gaming, but then all these new titles start popping up… Horizon Forbidden West, Dragon’s Dogma 2, Suicide Squad, all likely in the first three months… I still have about a dozen truly great games from 2023 that I’ve barely begun. You really need to be retired to enjoy this hobby.

It always fascinates me how you look at the next calendar year and say, next year is going to be pretty weak for gaming, but then all these new titles start popping up… Horizon Forbidden West, Dragon’s Dogma 2, Suicide Squad, all likely in the first three months… I still have about a dozen truly great games from 2023 that I’ve barely begun. You really need to be retired to enjoy this hobby.
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Helldivers II, Homeworld 3, Pacific Drive, STALKER 2, and Tekken 8 are all supposed to release in the first quarter in addition to those titles.

Back