Dr. Disrepect Respect thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much does a streamer have to make where you stop donating ? Or is it as soon as they get sponsored?
When they make a liveable wage just off of subs. when someone has 5000 subs and makes 10k a month off that, they dont need donations. Then again i dont donate to anyone and dont really see the need to. Streaming when it was justin.tv was all about someone just streaming games and hanging out with chat. Now its like streamers expect to get donations. Its not my fault you chose that as your job, the viewers dont owe you anything.

If you missed him today it was absolute golden when he was forced to watch a pewdiepie video, and his chat was hammered with "bridge video" and he had no idea what it was. You can see him google it off screen, break character for a second and then be like "no."

Twitch stars turn everything in a WWE consumable TLDR
YouTube is full of syrupy weird "family friendly" megaview chans with people talking like Teletubbies.
It appeals to kids I guess.

Sounds like a spare PC is in order
1701314916443.png

He fucked his career up big time with recent allegations, but his account is already well fed. So more of a retire at this stage.

i googled it, seemed to blend in with other stuff over the past couple years so unable to pick out exactly what your referencing. However ive seen him rip all kinds of people, games, etc apart on stream. His name is Doctor Disrespect for crying out loud. Its par for the course. I also looked up his platform stats and with 4.58 million subscribers and consistently increasing. No, i dont think he fucked up his career at all.

I dont even watch him or am i fan. I dont dislike him either though and have watched like 2 of his videos and a few clips.

Regardless of what one thinks of him, he's doing something right and he's got the subscribers to prove it.

Regardless of what one thinks of him, he's doing something right and he's got the subscribers to prove it.

Yes and no.

The issue with streaming is you are selling a brand or lifestyle product to people who are into that. The problem is that sort of style is inherently time limited. Online fame is fleeting, gaming faming (especially trying to appeal to the younger demographics) is extremely fleeting. When your product is half cultural well cultures change. So stuff that once worked can stop working overnight. Hence why all companies went woke to catch up to society and the vast majority of the younger generations so quickly. Get woke or go broke is the actual truth.

He has a great brand of 80's and early 90's nostalgia but that's a world that no longer exists. Though it took a bit that's no longer where the markets are either as the market is now for those born in the late 90's through 2000's. Nobody prior matters anymore.

Such is life.

Hence why all companies went woke to catch up to society and the vast majority of the younger generations so quickly. Get woke or go broke is the actual truth.
Many (not all) companies went woke because vocal groups of customers and companies who they were partnered with or whom had a vested interest convinced them to. They went broke because the real minority and shareholders who didn't want to lose their shirts pulled out as fast as possible.

The difference between them and Mr Disrespect, is D has a huge fanbase, who all like his unabashed opinions even if they don't align with their own, and if he went to another platform today he'd probably still have many who follow him there. His community would probably not grow as fast on another platform, but that doesn't really matter when it's already enormous.

Many (not all) companies went woke because vocal groups of customers and companies who they were partnered with or whom had a vested interest convinced them to. They went broke because the real minority and shareholders who didn't want to lose their shirts pulled out as fast as possible.

The difference between them and Mr Disrespect, is D has a huge fanbase, who all like his unabashed opinions even if they don't align with their own, and if he went to another platform today he'd probably still have many who follow him there. His community would probably not grow as fast on another platform, but that doesn't really matter when it's already enormous.

WRONG.

For the younger generations they don't like that old shit. They are the future. So get that old shit out of here or go bankrupt and go under forever. Now you may not like it, I may not like it, but that old era is done and fucking gone. And the people screaming for it to come back might as well be asking for horses and buggys, the roman empire, and more all back. Ain't gonna happen. So stay on the sinking ship, or leave and get on a life boat. Because that culture is so fucking over even the rats are fleeing the ship. So only the shit eating roaches are left on it.

WRONG.

For the younger generations they don't like that old shit. They are the future. So get that old shit out of here or go bankrupt and go under forever. Now you may not like it, I may not like it, but that old era is done and fucking gone. And the people screaming for it to come back might as well be asking for horses and buggys, the roman empire, and more all back. Ain't gonna happen. So stay on the sinking ship, or leave and get on a life boat. Because that culture is so fucking over even the rats are fleeing the ship. So only the shit eating roaches are left on it.
What old shit? People were dishonest before and they're still dishonest now. The difference between now and then is now some kids are taking advantage of some other kids by pretending to be "holier than thou." Yeah, that ship should sail nicely. I guess if you enjoy witch hunts and anarchy...

Besides, even if what you say is true, that isn't going to magically make everyone who likes this particular streamer suddenly hate him. Believe it or not, not everyone on the internet is 12 years old. I know there are a lot, but it's not 100% yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back