Downloaded OS (LEGALLY) from a website, need help

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
I downloaded win7 x64 from softsupreme.net about 2 months ago, and they had sent me an email on how to "Activate" it, and that involved downloaded a file from MS'es website, and bam!! All was avtivated. I had to perform a few formats since then and now I cant find that email anymore and I only have 2 days left before it locks me out. Does anyone know of this file im talking about, and where to find it on ms'es website...?? Please HELP!

softsupreme.net is a classic scam site. You unfortunately bought an illegal/unlicensed/pirated version. A legit activation of Windows is not performed through the manual installation of a file. :(

softsupreme.net is a classic scam site. You unfortunately bought an illegal/unlicensed/pirated version. A legit activation of Windows is not performed through the manual installation of a file. :(

Really!!! LOL! ol'well. I'll just buy another version thru NEWEGG w SP1 already on it... Thanks

Don't just take my word for it. When you come across a site with incredibly low prices on software, do a search on it and learn to discern illegitimate policies.

Out of curiosity, I just checked out their site and they (not doubting hardBBQ) seem fairly legit. To my understanding, you mention that you went to microsoft website to download a file. Seems if the file was actually coming from Microsoft, legitimacy should be possible. I definitely would call microsoft about the issue and contact softsupreme.net as well. No reason to let your hard earn money go to waste if possible. Good luck!

I recall MS had a program where if you report a site that distributes illegal software, you are elegible to a legit license for free.

Exactly, contact Microsoft directly, give them a thorough explanation of what happened, provide proof of the purchase if so required, point them to the place you got the bogus software and "file" from, and more than likely they may - there's no guarantee they will, mind you - provide you with a legit license/Product Key. Again, it's not guaranteed, but if you do take the time to report it, usually Microsoft is pretty fair in those respects: they understand you spent money on something and got screwed in the process, and typically they will cover your loss(es) with a Product Key/license.

It sure can't hurt to try before you go off spending another $100+ for a legit copy from Newegg. Contact Microsoft first and see what they have to say.

IMO, the link was probably spoofed and the file you downloaded did not actually come from the microsoft.com domain.

Example: http://www.yahoo.com (harmless to click)

Last edited:
IMO, the link was probably spoofed and the file you downloaded did not actually coming from the microsoft.com domain.

Example: http://www.yahoo.com (harmless to click)

That's what I was thinking. Like those phishing pages used that people use to steal accounts from steam or whatever.

I emailed them, and they promptly responded... All is good, my windows is now activated..

Quick search:

Another contender? http://softsupreme.net/

by MarkFlax Moderator - December 12, 2010 2:23 AM PST

In Reply to: ***SCAM*** Software download web sites. Beware! by MarkFlax Moderator

Soft Supreme . net

What I see from that site;

1] The 'certificates', (also one for C|NET Certified Stores), are images only, not clickable, so there is no way to confirm their validity.

2] Their About Us. I reckon I've seen that image before. That office complex seems to pop up all over the place.

3] Their Terms & Conditions includes the following;

2.3 The software we sell is packed into archives, which contain FULL BACKUP COPIES of original licensed software which have .zip format (to open them You need WinZip software);
2.4 The software is in the English language only!
2.5 Software cannot be registered on-line due to certain limitations;
2.6 You will not be able to receive any printed license confirmation;
2.7 You will not receive any CD/DVD, we neither sell CD`s nor ship them
; 2.8 Some software includes ISO files (iso - CD image ) . You need to burn this type of files on CD/DVD and start a setup from a CD. You will get all directions for burning CDs/DVDs

This means.

==========================
Downloadable only and you need WinZip to extract them. Genuine software is never zipped.

Only English. Genuine software has language options.

Software cannot be registered online. Why? because it is pirated.

Will not receive any license information. Yep, because it is pirated.

CD/DVD versions not available. Why not? The genuine versions can be purchased in CD/DVD format.

Some software is in ISO format. Genuine versions are never in ISO format.
========================

It seems clear to me, this is another scam site.

Mark
Post 27 of 55
softsupreme.net

by andreamdavis1 - December 30, 2010 5:36 PM PST

In Reply to: Another contender? http://softsupreme.net/ by MarkFlax Moderator

thank you for this post. I just dodged a bullet with this company. What made me a little suspicious is thier about us page and that there wasn't any clear policies on their refunds. I checked thier whois and they've just started their website since July of this year. When it's to good to be true it really is!

Last edited:
Maya for 300 bucks... yup, that site is definitely legit.

OP, grow a brain.

pirates.jpeg

yaknaw I mean...

Back