DOTA 2

Pivo504

2[H]4U
Anyone played it yet? I got an invite in the mail today but they want me to pay 39.99...It includes some stupid items. Dont tell me this is going to be a buy items & become godlike type game...I was hoping it was going to be like the original DOTA where noone had an advantage but pure skills..I hate games that are based on money making you more powerful instead of raw skill..

I know its free but its the Pay to get better items system I guess...Sad to see its going that route.

I know its free but its the Pay to get better items system I guess...Sad to see its going that route.

It's not better items. It's pay for cosmetic upgrades. Like TF2 hats and crap they do nothing for your character but make you look different from everyone else. (Unless they buy the same package as you did.)

:)

You can buy cosmetic items and things that will give boosts to battle points and your chances to get extra items. Don't really know what battle points are for to be honest. According to the in-game newsfeed, there will be no gameplay-altering items available for purchase.

Game is free, someone is looking for your $$.

no there is a $40 "early access pack" out, anyone can buy into the beta now. not sure if they're still giving out free invites but this is definitely official, for the price you are getting a bunch of custom gear or somesuch stuff that's not going to be available at least till launch.

I was under the impression that all of this was going to be cosmetic only, so who really gives a shit. if you don't want to pay then just wait till it comes out, and play the free version.

Yeah well that is good news! Im glad that its going to be similar to the original. Anyone played DOTA 2 yet? How does it compare to the original, does it really feel like a new game?

ive been playing it for like 6-7months lol. Got like 125 wins. haven't played much since the last patch which added a bunch of crap. its a good game.

I like it, Seems to flow a lot better for me than some of the other games like it. Have around 115 wins now.

No, the game WILL be free when it's released. What he is referring to is a beta invite in the store.

http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/57939587?appid=570

I have been playing for about a month and have almost 300 hours played. This game is good, really good. Extreme polishing and small touches make it great.

And please, do a few minutes of looking around in the store before spreading false information like this. How exactly does a cosmetic item make you win?

I totally agree ,so I just have played for a week.So many browser games released in 2012, but I only play those promising ones such as methology-themed online game Grepolis, one-piece styled anime game Pockie Pirates, and legendary style chinese webgame Mythic Saga. They are now being published by dotmmo, a leading game publisher.

Last edited:
I have been playing for about a month and have almost 300 hours played. This game is good, really good. Extreme polishing and small touches make it great.

This. The game is excellent. I haven't been able to bring myself to play much of anything else since I got in. I learn something new in every game - there is a lot of depth here. The replay/spectate system is the best I've ever seen. Watching live tournaments streamed through game where you can pick between multiple caster audio feeds, camera views, player views, etc. all rendered at your graphic settings of choice is amazing. Giving everyone equal access to everything is going to keep this game competitive and set it a step above HoN and LoL.

It's definitely great for the price, that's for sure. Somehow though I still prefer the WC3 version... it just seems "cleaner"... hard to explain.

DOTA was def one of the better RTS games I have played since the first Starcraft, WC3 & Supreme Commander! I wasnt spreading false info. Its just what a read from a website & was checking to confirm or disapprove that here..Maybe the website was speculating since the game was free..Similar to what is going on with Tribes:Ascend

I have 400 hours in the beta...

It's pretty much dota with a lot less heroes until they get their shit together and start releasing them more quickly.

I have 400 hours in the beta...

It's pretty much dota with a lot less heroes until they get their shit together and start releasing them more quickly.

They have pretty much been weekly, with 3 being on Monday. This next Monday will probably have more than 1 as well.

They have pretty much been weekly, with 3 being on Monday. This next Monday will probably have more than 1 as well.

Which is insanely slow considering how many are missing.

All of my friends have burned out from the beta and we've stopped playing / lost interest. The same thing happened with HoN... the beta took so long none of us stuck around for release.

At least DOTA 2 will be F2P so we'll probably come back some time in the future, but right now interest is really low amongst my friends because it's taken them so long.

I bought into the beta access thing. While I do have a receipt from steam for the trasaction I still have no link or anything that shows where I download the beta or a key or anything. Does it usually take a little while before they email that out?

rj

All of my friends have burned out from the beta and we've stopped playing / lost interest. The same thing happened with HoN... the beta took so long none of us stuck around for release.

At least DOTA 2 will be F2P so we'll probably come back some time in the future, but right now interest is really low amongst my friends because it's taken them so long.

Yes, Valve is slow about everything just like Blizzard. But since they usually are pretty good with the quality of their products we give them a pass for being tardy. :)

I bought into the beta access thing. While I do have a receipt from steam for the trasaction I still have no link or anything that shows where I download the beta or a key or anything. Does it usually take a little while before they email that out?

rj

Look in your steam inventory

there's no keys, either way you just get an invite and it will be automatically added to your steam library, with your items if you bought the early access package.

I played a couple of games a few months back. It still had the same input lag as the original. I know they are trying to replicate the original but it just felt really unresponsive.

Thought it was a step back in the genre.

Ok I feel noob asking this, but is there botmatch available for this game so I can learn the ropes without pissing off everyone who's been playing this thing since it went beta?

I guess there is some lag in the system response. Still no indication of early access through my steam library. I put in a ticket but who knows when I will get any real info.

Ok I feel noob asking this, but is there botmatch available for this game so I can learn the ropes without pissing off everyone who's been playing this thing since it went beta?

I know this was answered already but yes, there is a mode with you and 9 bots, or you and 4 players against 5 bots.

You aren't really a Dota player if you lose interest because it doesn't have enough heroes yet. Beta is just a word at this point. The game is out in competition all over the world (mTw just took out Na'Vi at Dreamhack) and in a pretty steady state as far as Dota goes (in terms of metagame). I just don't understand the notion of losing interest because it's still in beta unless none of your friends are in the beta with you.

Back