Dota 2 leaked... has code for Ep. 3, matchmaking, ect.

src/game/server/ep3/weapon_icegun.cpp
/src/game/server/ep3/weaponizer_concrete.cpp
/src/game/server/ep3/weaponizer_liquid.cpp
/src/game/server/ep3/weaponizer_metal.cpp
/src/game/server/ep3/weapon_flamethrower.cpp

This is interesting, it suggests to me that we'll see a freeze gun, a flamethrower and I'm making a big leap and guessing the weaponizer is a gun which essentially changes the composition of objects in the game.

That would be awesome to turn bad guys to concrete and then smash them, but it would also make for some very interesting puzzles where you have the traditional kind of seesaw puzzle but all you have is teddy bears and you have to put them on the seesaw and turn them to concrete to weigh it down.

More interesting is the idea of turning things in to liquid, a very real possibility based on the kind of effects that valve created for the flowing goo in Portal 2

Tell me I'm not right on the money on all of that :)

Got this list off Steam forum
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/blob_mine.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/blob_regenerator.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/dust_cloud.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/gas_pump.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/npc_advisor_roaming.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/npc_advisor_roaming.h
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/npc_advisor_roaming_spit.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/npc_blob.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/npc_blob.h
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/npc_blob_tiny.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/npc_blob_tiny.h
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/npc_composite_companion.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/shape_target.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/weapon_egon.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/weapon_flamethrower.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/weapon_flamethrower.h
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/weapon_flechettegun.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/weapon_gauss.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/weapon_icegun.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/weapon_pipebomblauncher.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/weapon_teleport.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/weapon_weaponizer.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/weaponizer_concrete.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/weaponizer_liquid.cpp
dota/staging/src/game/server/ep3/weaponizer_metal.cpp

So EP3 is not a myth after all :eek:

This is a surprise after Valve's talk of moving away from episodic content model

you know, could just be valve fuckin with us....
I kinda feel that way as well.

Besides, as crazy as this sounds coming from a big HL fan, I'm kind of more interested in their other speculation based on files. A Valve space shooter would be freakin awesome. And they are the exactly the company that could do it if they wanted to considering how they don't answer to a publisher.

well i will grab the leak and see what is in there.

Does not seem as major as the half-life 2 leak before where it leaked lot of test levels of half-life 2 that was not in the game until ep 1. Also half-life 2 leak contained the full condition zero before with some missing textures and even some levels that never made it to the final condition zero.

I kinda feel that way as well.

Besides, as crazy as this sounds coming from a big HL fan, I'm kind of more interested in their other speculation based on files. A Valve space shooter would be freakin awesome. And they are the exactly the company that could do it if they wanted to considering how they don't answer to a publisher.

The space thing has been leaked as a big uncoming project. if you google around there concept art that somebody touring valve spanned up.

If they did move away from ep3, maybe those are leftover files from when they were working on ep3. Like maybe they're recylcing the stuff they already had made up?

I'd think it would be really frustrating to get this leak only to be able to sit at the lobby screen and not play.

Though I could be wrong.

Perhaps we'll get a community fix for that before beta opens up.

The spell icons are hilarious, though.

The space thing has been leaked as a big uncoming project. if you google around there concept art that somebody touring valve spanned up.
I found the concept art, and it looks interesting... though to me it says more RPG set in space or something to that effect rather than space sim. And the fact that Valve let them look at the concept art tells me they probably aren't doing anything with it.

well it seems like no source file have been leaked. just a build log file.

tsunaminori is screwed he left the clientregistry.blob that contain his username in the leak

based on the the dota info half-life ep 3 is what valve been talking about about being able to do a coop mission for single player. where you play as one of the commoners and not the main heroes.

so it is using a updated source engine but not any brand new engine.

so it is using a updated source engine but not any brand new engine.

Why are valve so opposed to modern engines? Source is barely DX9. Their games are going to look more and more outdated until they put some work in. Portal 2 looked straight out of 2005, like all of their games, just better and worse 2005 editions. It's looking pretty...retro and lacking a few features that modern engines have, even with the bolted on stuff. Maybe it's not the engine and they just need to up their graphics...but it wouldn't harm efforts, or make less people use it for projects. :(

I don't get the joke... Is there a reference somewhere?

Nobody really gets it. For some reason, one of the voice over lines for every character is "shitty wizard". So that's all that video is: every character saying shitty wizard.

Why are valve so opposed to modern engines? Source is barely DX9. Their games are going to look more and more outdated until they put some work in. Portal 2 looked straight out of 2005, like all of their games, just better and worse 2005 editions. It's looking pretty...retro and lacking a few features that modern engines have, even with the bolted on stuff. Maybe it's not the engine and they just need to up their graphics...but it wouldn't harm efforts, or make less people use it for projects. :(

Cause games are about gameplay not gfx..

When Portal 2 preloaded, there was a similar situation with familiar weapon names in the asset folders. Not gonna get my hopes up.

Hopefully we'll hear some official news about EP3/HL3 in 2012...waiting for this is turning into waiting for duke nukem forever

dota2 uses the source engine doesnt it?

shame, was kinda hoping for the next half life would have decent graphics.

They make a unique code file for every weapon in the game? That seems... strange. Wouldnt weapons just have art textures and a standard config file controlling them? Me no understand the coding concept here.

Its just an epic troll from Valve. :)

I agree, none of that even seems very fitting in the Half life universe to begin with.

What the hell is wrong with Source? It runs super well on everything, its very moddable, and imo still looks really good. I haven't played Portal 2 but L4D2 imo looks great. The cinematic mod shows just what can be done with the engine.

Cause games are about gameplay not gfx..

So if all games were on ID tech 2, but played the same, it wouldn't ruin the experience for you at all? It's not the most important thing, but it does affect the overall experience when it's kind of lackluster.

What the hell is wrong with Source? It runs super well on everything, its very moddable, and imo still looks really good. I haven't played Portal 2 but L4D2 imo looks great. The cinematic mod shows just what can be done with the engine.

What CAN be done...but isn't. Valve games are pretty lazy in the looks department and have been for a while. It also lacks decent ingame physics, and a few other things. If valve didn't make it people would have abandoned it a long long time ago.

I don't get the joke... Is there a reference somewhere?

Basically, one of the early models they used for testing in the game was a simple wizard, and they jokingly called it a shitty wizard. They liked it so much that they recorded shitty wizard lines for all of the characters.

Back