Doom III: Project Mars City (Comments Thread)

There's very few visible cables inside--cable managment was tight and extremely important inside this small case. ;) Pics + video soon

I can't wait for the detailed look!

So Crim are you going to start getting this bad boy out in the spot light, I know it would win 1st prise in a lot of compitions.
Not to mention the Magazine people who I am sure would love to give you a cover or two!

Dude, you rule!!! i've been looking this mod for a while and it turned out to be superb.

CrimsonSky said:
There's very few visible cables inside--cable managment was tight and extremely important inside this small case. ;) Pics + video soon

How soon???? :confused:

Considering i take my time with the complicated builds, (natch!) maybe something thats a classic or destined to be a classic?

quake1
halflife1
quake4 (has alot more visualization for creative ideas thats for sure)
FEAR (same as quake4)
NWN?
star craft

few off the top of my head that could lead to great builds

id go with half life or star craft :D

now assuming i had the money and he were willing, id pay him to make me one :D

What ever happened to this thing?

It's like it got to 99% done and was never finished.

The Newegg thing apparently never happened.

Any info?

I saw your case at the maker faire today, and stopped by to say hi. Your mods are incredible. Keep it up!

I saw your case at the maker faire today, and stopped by to say hi. Your mods are incredible. Keep it up!

It was nice meeting you and all the folks at the Maker Faire who saw this mod born on [H]ardocp! See you next year if ya make the show!~

Crazy 600lbs of skids to ship to the show:

skids_away.jpg

Setting up Doom 3 and Project Nighthawk:

3121DSCF0583.JPG

PICT0090.jpg

PICT0120.jpg

Project Nighthawk

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

PICT0104.jpg

absolutely gorgeous!

I've been bummed that I haven't been able to find any more projects from you. It looks like your modding ended with Doom3. Am I missing a project log somewhere? I'd really like to see more of your work!

I'm still at it, just took a nice break from it all. I'll be back soon with a worklog here at [H]. Thanks for the kind comment ;)

Last Activity: 06-30-2007 11:54 PM

Thats not good.

He runs his own modding site now (has actually for a long time), thebestcasescenario, and has retired from modding and gotten into airsoft rifles among other things.

Great to see the modding world is still going after all these years. Some really great projects out there! Keep it up mod fans!

-Paul Capello

Well, at least the thread necro was from the OP, so hopefully this means he's got a new project in the works!

Back