Doom III: Project Mars City (Comments Thread)

we need a small movie clip to feel it with sounds and all.... we've been waiting for so long Crim :)

Da3DaLuZ said:
OMG! AN UPDATE! I have been waiting since 12-02-05 :D (last update fyi) And today i went into the forums, worklogs, saw the doom3 thread, checked the date and my heart jumped! *Click* *wait* *wait* 3 new images??? WTF??? NOOO I WANT MOOORE!!!!! Lol :D Crimson: YOU SIR, ARE A MODGOD! Great work.

MODGOD is right!!! That is absolutely amazing!!

Crim, you have to take about 100 pics of this bad boy from ever angle and in the dark and in the light, the inside, the back.. All of it!
OMG it's soooo cool!

My mind is blown.
You see those chunks on the wall? You see them? Yup, that's some of my brain.
That smudge on the floor? Yes, more brain matter. Very inspiring.

Wow, it's finally finished :cool:. Looking forward to seeing that official page, and all the pics you can give us. This mod will be a source of inspiration for modders to come...(me too, if i'll ever get into serious modding :p)

holy smokes man, congrats on quite possibly the coolest case ever. props to you and everyone that helped out.

I'm definately a veteran in the Personal Computing field. Having entered it in 1985 just after High School. I started way back on an old Apple IIc and 486/120.

And in all my years...

I bow deeply to you sir.

You rock!

You get maxi-kudos from this old dog.

Look great! Any chance we can see this bad boy in person at Quakecon this year?

GoodBoy

i can't believe it's finished.

i wonder what the odds were that you'd finish this before sony released the ps3?

i wish i'd started up a betting pool on that one..

crimsonsky - 1, sony - 0

amazing man, i've been excited about this since you first posted it :p big congrats on finishing it finally. It's truly breathtaking, you have some awesome modding / artistic talent.

So...this means you'll be starting the HL2 case mod soon, then? :p

Absolutely sick.

hey, thanks all for the kudos--it means a lot :) I'm building a proper display stand for the case, and as soon as I get this done in a few days i'll take the nice shots and closeups--I also have tons of video footage that I have to go through and assemble into clips. I'll link everyone up to the official site when it all comes together.

Sure it took a while but it was well worth the ride. Thanks for sharing. Another display of outstanding craftsmanship!

finalgt said:
So...this means you'll be starting the HL2 case mod soon, then? :p

Absolutely sick.

By far Piloux did the HL2 case best--defacto

I think a WoW or similar case might be next...any ideas?

CrimsonSky said:
By far Piloux did the HL2 case best--defacto

I think a WoW or similar case might be next...any ideas?

Any specific games or such that you are into, or just something current that's cool/interesting?

uzor said:
Any specific games or such that you are into, or just something current that's cool/interesting?

Considering i take my time with the complicated builds, (natch!) maybe something thats a classic or destined to be a classic?

CrimsonSky said:
Considering i take my time with the complicated builds, (natch!) maybe something thats a classic or destined to be a classic?

In that case, consider Battlefield 2... is certainly a classic already.

You're an inspiration--a Michelangelo of case modders! Great job! I think the best part of this case mod is that it has inspired many of us to go out and perform our own mods. Thanks again for the inspiration!

-TFR

A World of Warcraft case would be awesome. As the previous poster said...it will still be popular. So many things could be done!

Excellent work on the DOOM case. I've followed it from the very beginning. We'll worth the wait. Thank you for taking your time, money and effort and showing us something that is just stunning.

5 out of 5 stars hands down!

:cool:

An idea that formed in your head is now something that can be seen by the world. Now that...is incredible.

1st. As if it hasnt been said enough! This is just an absolutely gorgeous case. I personally hesitate to call it a case mod because about the only thing left of the original case is the frame. Isnt that correct?
2nd. You had alot of other projects and your marriage ( Congratulations BTW !) that pushed the completion date further and further out. Are all of the projects that came up along the way on your website? And taking those projects out of the equation, how long did this one actually take? You said 15 months a moment ago. But is that including delays and such?

MONSOON said:
1st. As if it hasnt been said enough! This is just an absolutely gorgeous case. I personally hesitate to call it a case mod because about the only thing left of the original case is the frame. Isnt that correct?
2nd. You had alot of other projects and your marriage ( Congratulations BTW !) that pushed the completion date further and further out. Are all of the projects that came up along the way on your website? And taking those projects out of the equation, how long did this one actually take? You said 15 months a moment ago. But is that including delays and such?

Thanks Monsoon. Underneath its still an Antec LanBoy case with the front bezel and harddrive cage removed--thats about it--to be honest the only reason i used this particular case is the fact that it was laying around the shop, and was fairly small for a midtower.

I really couldnt calculate the time it took to build--but it took a lotta friggin' time to get it to where it was acceptable for me to call it completed. :D

I play some BF2 and a lot of CS:S and no WoW at all. I would still rather see a WoW case.

Also, how about UT2K7? It will be launched shortly, but if it's heritage is anything to go by, it will also be a clasic.

Water-cooled, on-board LCD, automatic airlock, "steam maker," FX sound board, servo-control board, infrared relay board, IDE to SCSI adapters, bunch of LEDs... That is a lot wired parts.

WHAT DOES YOUR CASE LOOK LIKE ON THE INSIDE??!! and if you say it is neat, i could have a stroke or something. :eek:

Back