Doom III: Project Mars City (Comments Thread)

CrimsonSky said:
No links--find a Pep Boys or AutoZone if ya have one. The Brand is Red Line, product is Ultra Bright neons (actually CCFL's)
Damn I was just out there getting a heater core too. Next time I'll have to check those out.

ness1469 said:
welp. Looks like all the other doom3 mods are about to get pwnt.

Servo operated doors... with sounds triggered for various functions on the case itself...

Man, youre an animal Crimson :D

Exciting and... interesting isnt even the word, thanks for sharing the project.

CrimsonSky said:
Thats a VERY cool idea actually---the pentagram ...as I get to that part of the project (the inside) we can bang out some more ideas on it...take a vote or sumthin

an idea for a simple and static(yeah kinda hard to do a dynamic version) pentagram, is to very verly lightly etch a thin sheet of lexan/acrillic and have some lights hit it from different angles, place that behind the dusty window, and it will be hard (near impossible??) to see with it and the detail(bright full lighting) off.. but it would be possible to change the color slightly with different LEDS (or even small raw CCFL tubes) and even flash it (ccfl's can be flashed after they have warmed up..) or dim in and out.. low heat, and not really possible to tell where it's comming from.. (unless you have read this, or done that before) similar to a hologram.. or the effect of one.. ;)

a

i wanted to do this for a long time with some words and other symbols, but haven't gotten around to it, along with 90% of my other mods... and since i dont have the space for a workshop.. it's rather hard to setup and mod..

feel free to PM/email me for donations some other ideas similar i had that might be adjusted to work with your plan for the case

Questions, Questions:

1. Where did you get the sound board? Linkey please?
And if you have time:
2. Any url's you can throw at us where you like to buy your mod equipment and supplies? Much appretiation.

:D

SelRahc said:
Questions, Questions:

1. Where did you get the sound board? Linkey please?
And if you have time:
2. Any url's you can throw at us where you like to buy your mod equipment and supplies? Much appretiation.

:D

read the log please--its all in there :D

*cries some more cause Mashie and Crimson didn't notice him the first time*
Actually, I was gonna thank you for the *sniff* tip on red CC's. Thanks! *sniff sniff*

Heh. Those kids in the doomvid rule for one reason and one reason only...

They won't contaminate the genepool via reproduction... Evar.

Score.

8balls said:
WTF is this retarded shit?!?
seems we have video proof that the un l337 have thier own language (and am i mistaken or was the kid in the white shirt part monkey? Oo)

CS ,
man oh man this mod is by far the nicest one i have seen to date...keep it up man cause unlike the 2 short bus kids who wear hockey helmets to school, even tho there is no hockey team in that video... you are the man!

Before I can close up the window housing, I needed to add some detail behind the glass, giving another layer of interesting little pipes, machinery and gadgets. I also need to install the lighting effects in this window "box" as well. This stuff is tedious as hell, I cant wait to get onto hardware and water cooling :D

While kitbashing:

http://thebestcasescenario.com/projects/doom3/window_bezel_2.jpg

Gray laquer primer sprayed on:

http://thebestcasescenario.com/projects/doom3/window_bezel_1.jpg

Window box mock-up:

http://thebestcasescenario.com/projects/doom3/window_mockup.jpg

how do you make these plates?

it's almost as if they were made from a mold at a toy factory..

nice job nonetheless!

Wow..I've read thu this whole post to see your work CrimsonSky.
I can wait to see the end deal..
So I got my checkbook out and I'm asking what do you want for it..
I got FIRST dibbs :D

lol... more than likely it's not for sale, but we shall see what the great crim decides.

Hey Crimson, would you be extremely hostile if I mirrored your worklog on Pheaton (I'm pretty sure you wouldn't let me, though all credit would be given to you, but it can't hurt to ask). I have *got* to get some good ideas for a mod! You're making me want to mod something so BAD. DANG YOU!!!

mashie said:
I hope you have plenty of ink in that pen :p
I'd never buy one of these, I could do it if I had the time, energy, inclination and many other important sounding things... but i don't. I'm too lazy anyway... but I am curious what you guys would charge for something like this.

emorphien said:
I'd never buy one of these, I could do it if I had the time, energy, inclination and many other important sounding things... but i don't. I'm too lazy anyway... but I am curious what you guys would charge for something like this.

As they say...

"if you have to ask how much it is..."

I had to spend a long time looking at the before and after primer pictures above....

It's simply amazing.

theelviscerator said:
exc looking work..finished product will make women faint and men drool I am sure...

drool.gif

if it were 27 years ago you, my good sir, could work for this guy called Lucas building model Star Detroyers. That window frame is INCREDIBLE.

Hard_Rocker said:
if it were 27 years ago you, my good sir, could work for this guy called Lucas building model Star Detroyers. That window frame is INCREDIBLE.

so true, and such an obscure reference :p

Back