Doom III: Project Mars City (Comments Thread)

worked fine for me and btw wtf is up with them? are they just playing around or is it real?
oh yea where did you find this?

wierd because when I go to it I get redirected to file:///private/tmp/501/TemporaryItems/AOLTemp.html and then nothing

tried on my PC and it worked fine....for some reason my iBook didn't like it in Safari or IE

I can't believe I just wasted 20 sec of download time on that.

btw, little off-topic don't you think?

siege said:
I can't believe I just wasted 20 sec of download time on that.

btw, little off-topic don't you think?

that was 20 seconds of download time and 2:50 of viewing time that I'll never get back....ever... :mad:

Qtip42 said:
I stand corrected.
Hehe, .. nice pun. He stands, so you are corrected. ;)

More on topic, I immediately thought of a pentagram painted in photoluminescent paint on the inside floor of the airlock opening with a small blacklight set to flicker randomly. This would be easily visible once the case was on. You could probably add the lightning bolts down the wall as well.

And how about a crazy stranded scientist in the side window, with a door behind him that opens to reveal one of the monsters when the case goes to "doomed" mode? Just another idea.

Good job so far... And good luck. :)

<----Thanks xENo

nice mod! can't wait till i get to see the end result. :D

and is it just me or did those girls in that video look totally like guys? :)

wow, nice work. i am really looking foward to the end product.

that doom 3 video is pretty dumb, but kind of funny too :D i don't think it is that scary. lol

can we PLEASE keep this thread on topic?

thx -management

got a neat idea, i think.. you know that red pulsing slimy crap that you see in teh game every once in a while? you should mod the water cooling tubes(and or the cable sleaving) too look like that stuff...

also, this is the coolest fucking thing i have ever seen

*sniffs*
It's been here all along, and I didn't even know... All because Crimson and Mashie left us Pheatonites :(

*cries*

lol :p

AWESOME mod man. I'm gonna have to start *something* soon.

Just freakin' outstandingly awesome!!! I commend you for the creativity and the perseverence that you have demonstrated with this project. My hat is off to you!!!

hey Crimson

Are you going to use "red" CCFLs in your case? And if so, which brand and which supplier?

I'm asking cuz I just received my order of CCFLs from frozencpu, which included red 12" and 4" tubes, but they shipped me CCFLs from different manufacturers, so the 12" glows kindof orange, while the 4" glows kindof pink.

It totally sucks and I emailed them back about it... still waiting for their response.

Also mods, sorry about the video clip link! ;)

CrimsonSky said:
With the framing i did its extremely strong-I took a pic while standing on it--so there is 180lbs right on the bondo parts--mind you I wouldnt do this if I thought 6 hours of work would be even slightly cracked or ruined :p

http://thebestcasescenario.com/projects/doom3/built_tough.jpg

I like your shoes.

The New Balance 991 Series, very nice. (correct me if im wrong)

Hah sorry to get off topic. I'm a shoe salesman, so I had to say something.

Beowulf said:
I like your shoes.

The New Balance 991 Series, very nice. (correct me if im wrong)

Hah sorry to get off topic. I'm a shoe salesman, so I had to say something.

No, you really didn't, you, you, you GEEK!!! ;)

It's coming along beautifully CrimsonSky

CrimsonSky #

It looks absolutely fantastic. If your sense of detail that you have used in making the AirLock is used throughout the case, it will without doubt be truely amazing.

I will follow the log with great anticipation.

getzlate said:
damn u gots small feets son!!
If you really wanted to start measuring up appendages with me, squirt , i suggest you back away slowly and get on topic ;)

Didn't think so.

c44u said:
hey Crimson

Are you going to use "red" CCFLs in your case? And if so, which brand and which supplier?

I'm asking cuz I just received my order of CCFLs from frozencpu, which included red 12" and 4" tubes, but they shipped me CCFLs from different manufacturers, so the 12" glows kindof orange, while the 4" glows kindof pink.

It totally sucks and I emailed them back about it... still waiting for their response.

Also mods, sorry about the video clip link! ;)

For reds I don't use CCFL's from mod suppliers--they all tend not to be even close to red. (the Sunbeams are a bit better) I use the reds from the UltraBright series of automotive CCFL's, closest I've found

CrimsonSky, can I have your children?
lol, great job dude.. I can't say it enough.
GREAT FKIN JOB!

CrimsonSky said:
For reds I don't use CCFL's from mod suppliers--they all tend not to be even close to red. (the Sunbeams are a bit better) I use the reds from the UltraBright series of automotive CCFL's, closest I've found

Got a link for a source of those?

CrimsonSky said:
For reds I don't use CCFL's from mod suppliers--they all tend not to be even close to red.
Most of the ones I have seen are closer to pink. I bought some just before a lan party and got picked on :D Now I just get a white cc, and wrap it in brake light tape.

robzilla said:
Got a link for a source of those?

No links--find a Pep Boys or AutoZone if ya have one. The Brand is Red Line, product is Ultra Bright neons (actually CCFL's)

Back