Doom 3 Has Gone Gold

Well, I'm glad to hear that it is official. Can't wait for the game to come out, ca't wait to upgrade either, since there are going to be a lot of other cool games coming out soon as well. Looks like I'll be rushing out and getting the game as soon as possible, when it does actually hit.

Torgo said:
My apologies. Continue your festiveness.

while based on your explanation, the response might be understandable
the means by which it was expressed, are never the less unacceptable

there is quite a flaming crackdown going on right now
a little more creativity was called for ;)

just play nice, disagreement and distain, even contempt
are still allowed, provided they are expressed civily :p

Badger_sly said:
LOL.......................... classic :D

Might I add, France will be 12 CD's & 3 floppies.

And they will have the added bonus of no fighting and exclusive monsters that run and hide. :D

Canada will only get the extra CD's so they can fit the Quebec language pack on there (it's not really French). ;)

This will be the first game I've bought in a long time. All of my games were presents, or borrowed from friends. My most recent full game is Serious Sam: 2nd Encounter! :eek:

J3RK said:
Raven is making Quake 4 on the D3 engine...

And quake4 will likely be a more enjoyable game than Doom3, especially for deathmatch online /mod players.

I'm waiting to see what I need to run Quake4, its a bit tastier than Doom3.

But then I liked quake2 more then doom or halflife...

raven is not making a q4....as far as i know their is not even a q4 in the making....last i heard was a possible q2 remix made on the D3 engine but Carmack has gone on to say that was taken out of context and probably wont be the case. if u know something i dont about a q4....please share some links :D

oh and for everyone that flames whoever it was that started this whole thread....to all of u i say u should be ashamed of ur self and i for one hope he never shares any inside information he comes across with u again ;)

edit: all be damned...their is a Q4 in the making :eek: ...my appologies, altough i still would like to see a q2 remix :D

MastaJ18 said:
raven is not making a q4....as far as i know their is not even a q4 in the making....last i heard was a possible q2 remix made on the D3 engine but Carmack has gone on to say that was taken out of context and probably wont be the case. if u know something i dont about a q4....please share some links :D

lol that quake2 on doom3 engine stuff was months ago lol, its not true tho. they are making quake4. and it will be using the doom3 engine.

MastaJ18 said:

oh and for everyone that flames whoever it was that started this whole thread....to all of u i say u should be ashamed of ur self and i for one hope he never shares any inside information he comes across with u again ;)

edit: all be damned...their is a Q4 in the making :eek: ...my appologies, altough i still would like to see a q2 remix :D

Oh theres plenty of evidence that there is a Qual4 and Raven is doing it. Despite a plethora of articles like this if you get on Google:

http://archive.gamespy.com/quakecon2003/johnson/

And we've all seen the trailers from this year's E3.

And some of the qcon staff are saying there may be playable quake4 mplayer at qcon2k4, this is going to be the best qcon since Q3A went gold.

Seriously a poorly informed post there man.

Somebody needs to start a betting pool: How long until the first school shooting is blamed on Doom 3?

:rolleyes:

MastaJ18 said:
I stand by my words. How are we to expect to believe just some random guy, without any evidence, amongst a flurry of rumors and photoshops.

MechGeek said:
Somebody needs to start a betting pool: How long until the first school shooting is blamed on Doom 3?

Actually some liberals have already tried to block the release of the game for that reason around the time of the origional release dates. Maybe someone can find the links...

MechGeek said:

Haha I don't know, it is going to be difficult tp place blame on Doom 3, considering there aren't many Mancubus, Imps, Archviles or Cyberdemons chilling out at your local high school. Of course I can't be sure about the "Lost Souls" though.

SacLANd said:
I stand by my words. How are we to expect to believe just some random guy, without any evidence, amongst a flurry of rumors and photoshops.

By the time he made this post we already knew there was going to be a Doom3 tourney at qcon, why would you have ever doubted him? I was wholly unsurprised.

Time to login to quakecon.org and doublecheck my registration again.

Speaking of QuakeCon.....

In case anyone had ANY doubts, Doom3 WILL be seriously represented on the official BYOC servers. :cool:

Scott 'worm' Cray
QuakeCon - BYOC Connectivity Lead

Not quite the same thing that you were hoping for, but there are some cool sourceports of Quake 2 that have enhanced graphics. Not anywhere near the Doom 3 engine, but still better. Look for Quake 2 Evolved, and Quake 2 Max.

Also, there is a REALLY nice source port for Quake 1 called Tenebrae. It adds per pixel lighting and shadows.

Warriorprophet said:
Actually some liberals have already tried to block the release of the game for that reason around the time of the origional release dates. Maybe someone can find the links...

well i have read two or so liberal magazines that have editorials bashing the game but i have not seen anything blocking it for real. i dont doubt you as it has happened before.

anyway, its awesome d3 is on its way, going to reserve myself a copy and cant wait to fray away @ quakecon.

Visable-assassin said:
And they will have the added bonus of no fighting and exclusive monsters that run and hide. :D

I heard the only weapon in the French version is a white flag. Plus the run command only works in reverse. :p

Carmack or Hollenshead said it would be cool to redo Quake 2 on the Doom3 engine, I'm sure at some point they will do so, much like Valve doing cs/dod/hl/etc on the Source engine.

I must apologize to the thread starter. It seems I was wrong...very wrong. Still, the thread was far fetched in the beginning; we've seen several of these same kinds of threads before.

Anyway, no DVD version. That really bums. I bet GOTY edition will be on DVD.

I hope they'll have some co-op mode where u team up and fight monsters... I doubt it though.

:D YAY! :D

I just needed to be part of this great event in the history of human kind. This made my day alot better, FUCK WORK! :mad:

ds- said:
I hope they'll have some co-op mode where u team up and fight monsters... I doubt it though.

PC version won't have co-op, 'though I suspect that someone will create a mod for it.

Doom 3...ooo boy....already prepaid at Gamestop and I have my "download coupon" for HL2...saying good-bye to my sweetheart and taking a 3 month "religious sabbatical" from work....

Harkamus said:
PC version won't have co-op, 'though I suspect that someone will create a mod for it.

Maybe.. but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high.. Lots of people said the same thing about PC Halo... and i dont think there's any serious development on it now? and for the original half-life, they had the Sven coop mod.. and although it is coop, it didn't really work half as great a real coop game..

trader28 said:
I dont know which is more unbelievable... that Torgo has friends at ID software..... or that he has friends at all

See you after the banhammer if you keep acting like that. I believe Torgo has helped develop such classics as the Age of Empires series and has many contacts in the industry. Stop spamming and insulting people and go back to wishing you were them.

worm said:
Speaking of QuakeCon.....

In case anyone had ANY doubts, Doom3 WILL be seriously represented on the official BYOC servers. :cool:

Scott 'worm' Cray
QuakeCon - BYOC Connectivity Lead

I am going to QC and this is definately good news to hear!!

-Dave

Any word on sys reqs yet? I have a feeling my system isnt going to run it well with the current video card.

God dammit, I wish I didn't live in northern VA... I would kill to go to QuakeCon this year, but I have no money/don't want to drive/nobody else that I know that would want to go is going. This sucks.

Hardee17 said:
I told you so :p

no hard feelings, just can't wait for the game!!!

Apparently my 20 inch Dell 2001FP LCD that I ordered yesterday will have DOOM 3 looking like shit at 1024 x 768.

Uh...I have a headache now.

21" SGI Trinitron Tube *check*
Radeon 9800XT *check*
AMD 3500+ Socket 939 @ 2.5Ghz *check*
1GB PC3500 RAM *check*
20 GB spare HDD space *check*

I really wonder if 9700 Pro would run it fine, if at all. It's still considered "top end card" though by the "Average User", that is.

And yes, a natively 1600 x 1200 LCD will look like crap in any other resolution, but I think you may have luck with 1152 x 864 or 1280 x 768. Oh well.

-J.

hahah thie beginning of this thread is so funny. yeah right hardee you liar heheh now whos laughing hehe. thanks man for the early RIGHT word. ;)

Back