Doom 3 Has Gone Gold

Pecos said:
Was it Windows for Workgroups 3.11 that had like 31 floppy disks? :p
I think disk 29 was always a bad one too.

How do you guys come up with this stuff, you like fabricating things or something.

I am holding the windows for workgroups 3.11 disks in my hand, there are clearly 8. windows 3.1 had 6.

Most disks I remember for a single game was "Rise of the Robots"... 23 1.44 floppies... Tie Fighter + all the expansions was a good number too...

Hopefully no game will hit 23 cds before they go to DVDs =)

mjz_5 said:
How do you guys come up with this stuff, you like fabricating things or something.

I am holding the windows for workgroups 3.11 disks in my hand, there are clearly 8. windows 3.1 had 6.

Ah, maybe it was Win95 on floppy was 31 diskettes. That could be it.

i once copied the diablo demo onto, i think it was 52 floppies.
i didnt have any network experience or equipment back then. B-p

Pecos said:
Ah, maybe it was Win95 on floppy was 31 diskettes. That could be it.

yeah, my first copy of windows 95 was on diskette.... really not cool to have to sit there and put each new diskette in.

Yeah I remember having win95 on disk as well. I seemed to have an obese copy of it. It was somewhere around 95 disks. Definitly not fun to install

I very recently had to dig up a copy of Windows 3.1 on floppy disk to install on a computer at my mom's school that was incapable of running any OS newer than that.

In fact, the only type of removable storage the machine could take was 5.25" floppy. Finding my copy of Windows 3.1 in that format took a while. Installing it was surreal.

I believe Microsoft Office (one of the early versions that worked w/ WFW 3.1) had in excess of 25 floppy disks. It was a very brutal install process.

Radagast~mod said:
Most disks I remember for a single game was "Rise of the Robots"... 23 1.44 floppies... Tie Fighter + all the expansions was a good number too...

Hopefully no game will hit 23 cds before they go to DVDs =)

odd you mention that.. i have it in my closet. (rise of the robots)

Just have to say I can't wait to play this game! It's going to rock! Come on August....

I just got the magazine yesterday! Indeed I didn't even care to read the review inside 'cuz I already read it online, haha. Looks like a great game. And EB states it'll be out on August 4th! I thought it'd be 5th...

-J.

Back