Doom 3 Has Gone Gold

"I dunno what is up with the DVD edition.... I know they'll be taking orders for it soon, i dont beleive its preorderable right now.... all i know is that we have what activision sent us for packaging when they start to send off the CD's... and that includes not only the boxes for the CD version and manuals, but a DVD case that specifically has the logo for DVD-ROM, and on the box it says disc contents "Entire Game On DVD-ROM" and Bonus "Complete editions of the award winning DOOM series, including Ultimate DOOM, DOOM 2, Final DOOM, and the DOOM 2 Master Levels."

http://www.shacknews.com/finger/[email protected]

Welcome to id Software's Finger Service V1.5!

Name: Todd Hollenshead
Email:
Description: CEO
Project:
Last Updated: 07/14/2004 12:36:49 (Central Standard Time)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7-14-2004 11:52 AM CDT

IT'S DONE!!!!!!!

Yes, this is the official word that DOOM 3 has been code released and has been approved for manufacturing!
It won't be long now until the anticipation ends and the PH34R begins ;-) We literally just hung up with
Activision and have confirmed that our latest release candidate has been mutually approved and is finally
GOLD. Thanks to everyone for their patience (yeah right! =) and for everyone at id, Activision and our
numerous partners for helping us create what I believe is absolutely the best game we have ever made.

So, the next question is release dates. Retailers in the States will be allowed to pick up games starting
at 12:01 AM on August 3rd. The official street date is actually August 5th in the U.S.A., but some of
your favorite stores will probably have it early for those of you who have to have it first. Check with
your local retailer for that information.

Internationally, the game will take a few more days to make it to the store shelves. The UK will probably get it first, on or about August 6th. Everywhere else will probably be Friday, August 13th (que Twilight Zone Theme) or close to that date, with just a few exceptions (e.g. Russia and Poland). This isn't
because we don't have love for you folks outside the U.S., but the localization and manufacturing process
takes a bit longer outside the U.S. where we will have JVC run 24/7 to get the units built. I guess the
European manufacturers prefer to give their employees nights and weekends off. Go figure!

The champagne is flowing here at id and smiles abound!

I'll update again with some DOOM 3 preparation tips (not what hardware to buy - you'll have to wait for
a programmer for that sort of thing). In the meantime, I want to see those "DOOM 3 GOLD!!!" threads set
new records for swamping message board servers, destroying productivity, and post counts ;-)

Recapping today's headlines....DOOM 3 GOLD!!!

3-15-2004

We're completely sold out of the DOOM novels. Thanks to everyone who ordered. I'm sorry we didn't
have enough for everyone who wanted a set. We still have the new DOOM 3 T-shirts available.

For the international fans, I'm sorry that we can't currently ship outside of the U.S. We're working
on adding this functionality to the store as soon as we can. Please be patient and I'll let everyone
know once we can ship everywhere.

3-12-2004

*WARNING* Shameless plug follows!!!

BIG id Store news! Check out www.idsoftware.com for a couple of items we _just_ put up for sale.
For the first time ever, we've got some brand new DOOM 3 T-shirts available on the web store.
These are nice 100% cotton T-Shirts that we originally had made for us internally (I have 2 or 3).
Also, while we were doing some Spring Cleaning, we uncovered a few pristine sets of the
original DOOM pocket novels. We're going to put these on sale until they're all gone. Today,
we're also lowering our "direct download" price on Heretic and Hexen to $20.

When the pocket novels are gone, they are truly gone. These are out of print and I don't believe
there is any place in the world where you can buy them new any longer. The set of four is $20 plus
shipping. I've seen them used on Amazon for about twice that price.

We're going to continue to add interesting items to the web store moving forward. Keep checking it
for new items as they become available.

03-01-2004

Just a reminder to everyone that the official release date for DOOM 3 is "when it's done".
If you hear a release date from _anyone_ outside of id, then you should presume it to be false.
There have been some rumors floating around about this already, and I expect there will be more
between now and the time that you first see someone from id update a .plan file with the news
that the game has been finished. Don't believe them.

Everyone being so harsh on hardee, when he was right all along.

Anyway,. can't wait! First game I'm actually excited for in quite some time. DOOM!

- D.

He is a damn liar, he said Thursday they would annouce it was gold and my tux is still at the dry cleaners. :mad: :p Woooooooooooooooooooooot!

Sung to that tune you always here at ballparks:

DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!
DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!
DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM! DOOM DOOM!

YAY!

Hmmm... Aug 13th? That will give me exactly 11 days to disregard all human contact and personal hygine so I can finish it before school starts back up :)

Where is the pcgamer review? I can't find it? Is it available online?

Deadguy said:
OMG i just got done crying from hapiness after reading the pcgamer review and this thread :)

I'm going to be pissed if it's a CD only release in the US. I say make it DVD only in US and the rest of the world can have 6 CD's -- except Canada where it'll be 8 CD's. :p

omfg jizz jizz zjiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>...................DOOM3 yeyeyey w00t w00t w00t w00t......wackey death to all l33t w0s3r's kill death baron of hell weeeee......... :D

I want the DVD version if it comes out. So I guess I'll wait to see if it's announced. I hope so. I thought it was great when UT2K4 came out on DVD.

Something dark is stirring, a monstrous behemoth lurches clumsily through the rift in time and space, the sleeping giant awakes, it casts a single bloodshot eye toward august, its time has come, it must feed, it must kill, its.................. DOOMTIME

trader28 said:
Something dark is stirring, a monstrous behemoth lurches clumsily through the rift in time and space, the sleeping giant awakes, it casts a single bloodshot eye toward august, its time has come, it must feed, it must kill, its.................. DOOMTIME

Oooo. My panties are damp! :D

Harkamus said:
I'm not the one getting excited over a pointless thread. :rolleyes:

Oh look. Doom 3 is out.

It's out when it's out...when ID says it's done.

ohhhh who looks like a horse's ass now? YOU! :D

Great news indeed and probably even better the fact that even better games will be forthcoming using the Doom 3 engine.
Carmack sets the standard for years to come whenever ID releases a new game engine.
Some of you could care less about the annoucement, that's fine. But it is big gaming news whether you're a fan or not. It will affect a game you play in the future some time.

Well I hope i get a special addition or something .I preordered it on January 13th 2003 for 49.99 I am seeing it for 54.95 already . LOL

Endless posts of "I can't wait!", "I'm ordering a new machine to play" and "It's gold!" repeats to commence in 3...2...1...

/praying for a quick and painless thread lock. Yeah, it's gold. Let's talk later when you have the game. Mmmkay?

Torgo said:
Endless posts of "I can't wait!", "I'm ordering a new machine to play" and "It's gold!" repeats to commence in 3...2...1...

/praying for a quick and painless thread lock. Yeah, it's gold. Let's talk later when you have the game. Mmmkay?

stfu

Ice Czar said:
not the brightest light in the world to post that directly after a mod :rolleyes:

unacceptable ehh?

Nah, I spoke out of turn. (I'm not a mod BTW. Probably shouldn't with my whereisphantom.com admin duties.) I need to be more sensitive that people need an outlet for expressing their enthusiasm for the game going gold.

-- As long as it's contained to this thread. There's a bunch of people that are excited about it and there's another bunch of people that's sick of the talk and actually want action. I mean, there's been thread after thread about Doom 3 and Half Life 2 and there isn't much more to be said. IMHO, it clutters the forum. I'm happy it's gold, I know my friends at id Software are excited.

My apologies. Continue your festiveness.

jacuzz1 said:
Well I hope i get a special addition or something ......for 49.99 I am seeing it for 54.95 already . LOL

I'll give you a special 'addition' sale for $49..... + $100 :D

Anyone have any links to old forums messages saying "OMG DIAKATANA WENT GOLD!!!!!11!!!!"

or whatever that game was called... ?

Pecos said:
............... I say make it DVD only in US and the rest of the world can have 6 CD's -- except Canada where it'll be 8 CD's. :p

LOL.......................... classic :D

Might I add, France will be 12 CD's & 3 floppies.

I dont know which is more unbelievable... that Torgo has friends at ID software..... or that he has friends at all

LordJezo said:
Anyone have any links to old forums messages saying "OMG DIAKATANA WENT GOLD!!!!!11!!!!"

or whatever that game was called... ?

you cant compare that POS daikatana to doom3, the leaked doom3 alpha which wasnt anything was still 100x better than daikatana..

trader28 said:
I dont know which is more unbelievable... that Torgo has friends at ID software..... or that he has friends at all
Ouch. Harsh. Where did that come from?

I know lots of people claim to have a brother who knows a friend whose sister's cousin is married to a co-worker who knows someone at id Software. I assure you that I know people that work or have worked at id Software. Mostly from my time working at Ensemble Studios or from my trivia website for game developers.

Eh dvd's scratches tend to be more severe than those of cd's.. My only dislike of them.

Back