• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Doom 3 Expansion Preview + screenshots

So, whose up for find the Torrent file of this instead ;)
Pay 50 for D3 and was sadly let down. No doubt the Graphics were killer, but hell, the game just wan't all that. Silly AI. Stand close enough to an IMP and EASILY dodge his fireballs, but stay far enough away to avoid getting clawed :p Then fire a shotgun round into his f*ing head. Teheh.

Don't think I'll be getting that Expansion. My Two Cents.

Looks like more of the same. You run around the first two missions, then things will go bad again, and then all the lights will go out, and then your marines (2 years later/older/"more advanced") will still not be smart enough to tape a flashlight to their gun. :eek:
 
Wolf-R1 said:
The first day they played HL2 :D
Yeah, the difference? iD isn't going to fuck it's fans by making it DL an installer then pay rediculous amounts of money to play a game that requires an internet connection to play the game every time.


I enjoyed D3, I still ahven't finished it and I've had it since the beginning of November. I'm sorry, I'm a little bitch and it scares me. LOL...I'll but the expansion.

I'd rather spend $50+ bucks on a game even if it is just an expansion made by iD than waste my time and money on a game made by VALVe.
 
Moose777 said:
Yeah, the difference? iD isn't going to fuck it's fans by making it DL an installer then pay rediculous amounts of money to play a game that requires an internet connection to play the game every time.


I enjoyed D3, I still ahven't finished it and I've had it since the beginning of November. I'm sorry, I'm a little bitch and it scares me. LOL...I'll but the expansion.

I'd rather spend $50+ bucks on a game even if it is just an expansion made by iD than waste my time and money on a game made by VALVe.

Just to play Devils Advocate.

"Yeah, the difference? iD IS going to fuck it's fans by making them pay rediculous amounts of money to a horrid similar game with little plot and stupid scare tactics again..."
 
Whatsisname said:
id stated they are working on a completely new game for their next project. Not quake, not doom, not wolfenstien.
Yep, Its called "Commander Keen 3D" :p
 
abudhu said:
Just to play Devils Advocate.

"Yeah, the difference? iD IS going to fuck it's fans by making them pay rediculous amounts of money to a horrid similar game with little plot and stupid scare tactics again..."

I liked D00M 3.

I liked it even more knowing I didn't have to deal with VALVe's rediculous requirements and stupid policies.

I thought D3 stayed true to the original. If you recall D00M didn't exactly have a superb story line either. D00M, D00M 2, TNT and all the other versions of D00M their are were all great games. D3 is no different. Especially for someone who has played every game from iD has ever made.

I loved D3. I'll buy Ressurection of Evil and I'll love it too. iD has never steered me wrong and I've been a loyal fan of iD since the days of Commander Keen.

iD has never required anything stupid of me to play their games and they've had code stolen as well. So, as far as I'm concerned iD has never fucked me as a fan or a customer.

I used to be a loyal fan of VALVe as well. But since HL2 and STEAM came about I'll never buy another game put out by VALVe.

But, I really don't want to turn this into a flame war.

Lets just leave it at I liked D3 and will purchase RoE regardless of how bad the story is. D00M was never about the story anyway, it was about cutting demons to giblets with a chainsaw.


idspispopd
(iD Smashing Pumpkins Into Small Piles Of Putrid Debris)
 
^^

Um...I guess someone doesnt understand what it means to play Devils Advocate...?

Way to go! ;) :rolleyes:
 
yes because id really forces people to buy their shit. Secondly, if one didnt like their "horrid game", then they shouldnt fucking buy the expansion ,and don't download it either

abudhu said:
"Yeah, the difference? iD IS going to fuck it's fans by making them pay rediculous amounts of money to a horrid similar game with little plot and stupid scare tactics again..."
 
still sounds like another generic storyline.. but.. hopefully the game play is better.. i don't want to walk down the "same hall" like 500 times.. and be able to predict everything
 
BLARGH! I was being sarcastic!

Jeeesus. People. Chilllll out :D

But if I can be an @$$ Whatsisname, if you didnt Like Valves use of STEAM then never buy another game from Valve or steam again...? :p ;)

---Edit
Yay. Peace. Tehehe. Stupid internet and lack of conveying attitudes and emotions!
 
abudhu said:
BLARGH! I was being sarcastic!

Jeeesus. People. Chilllll out :D
I know. I wan't pissed or anything. I knew what you were saying. I just thought I could've explained myself a little better. :)

Its all good.


Oh, and Devil's Advocate: One who argues against a cause or position, not as a committed opponent but simply for the sake of argument or to determine the validity of the cause or position.
 
Those screens don't impress me that much. I still see some low-res textures, some plasticky textures, and shit that really needs some AA.
 
Haha, I just noticed the Zombies are smart enough to stick a flashlight to their head. Now that gives me some hope the Marines will! :p I hope they imroved the sound effecs of the weapons...
 
abudhu said:
Just to play Devils Advocate.

"Yeah, the difference? iD IS going to fuck it's fans by making them pay rediculous amounts of money to a horrid similar game with little plot and stupid scare tactics again..."

Whose making you do anything?
 
"devil's advocate" was never intended to mean one would spout out a bunch of crap and noone will challenge the argument.

abudhu said:
Stupid internet and lack of conveying attitudes and emotions!
 
I thought it was comical what the developer said after this point in the write up.

" While there was some thouhgt to adding the Gun to DOOM 3 the team decided against it. "We talked about that quite a few times, but we had such a big arsenal of weapons, and som many other things going on, that was one of those things that just didn't make it in"


If that's not a jealous pompous statement I don't know what is. Like they thought it was "gimmiky" or something that it wasn't worth adding to the game.:rolleyes:

They are pissed that they are stuck on the Short Bus now.:p
 
Go into console and type "g_dragEntity 1" You need to be able to move the physics objects around to test the physics code. Doom3 has vehicle code in it too but its not enable ethier; same goes for the hdr code and who knows what else. I dont see why people are so amazed by picking objects up. Heck thief 1 had physics, why do all these hl players think its a groundbreaking gameplay enhancement?
 
Lord of Shadows said:
Go into console and type "g_dragEntity 1" You need to be able to move the physics objects around to test the physics code. Doom3 has vehicle code in it too but its not enable ethier; same goes for the hdr code and who knows what else. I dont see why people are so amazed by picking objects up. Heck thief 1 had physics, why do all these hl players think its a groundbreaking gameplay enhancement?
Beacause it's Half Life 2. The greatest game since the invention of sliced bread. :rolleyes:
 
Moose777 said:
Beacause it's Half Life 2. The greatest game since the invention of sliced bread. :rolleyes:

If anything says "n00b" its a statement like this.
 
Mister Natural said:
Pretty clever idea. I wonder how they came up with that idea.
:rolleyes:

sure it seems ripped from HL2, but theve had that feature in the original game as a dev tool, it works practically the same as the grav gun in hl2, ive used it. Read the rest of the article, it says they were contemplating put the gun in Doom 3, before HL2 ever even had the gravity gun, or at least around the same time.
 
It is one of those things, people assume the engine doesn't have the feature because it isn't in the game. You still have HL2 fan whores swearing that Doom 3 has no physics because the game didn't have a gravity gun in it, that it CAN'T render water because you don't see any, etc. :rolleyes:
 
What would be kinda neat to see is a "hidden level" with Commander Keen's hanging from the celling again ;)
 
I'd just like to say anyone who has problems switching between a flashlight and a weapon has no business playing a FPS game in the first place. They should stick to "resource management" or "leveling up" games. Or tetris.
 
I'm the Dude said:
I'd just like to say anyone who has problems switching between a flashlight and a weapon has no business playing a FPS game in the first place. They should stick to "resource management" or "leveling up" games. Or tetris.


DUCT TAPE

:p I'm just messing.
 
i havent played it through but i have been told in the end they take away your flashlight, in a totally dark level? sorry taht just seems a little wierd to me... and the AI sucked.. it really did
 
mmm... is it worth a rebuy of doom3?

...i sold my copy so i could get WoW on day one!
 
I'm the Dude said:
I welcome this expansion. I enjoyed Doom 3 although tired near the end, but I still think it kicks much butt. I don't really care that it was a "corridor-crawl" type game. It still blows away soo many crap games that are produced.

thank god
I THOUGH I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT LOVED THE GAME
 
This expansion pack should be free of charge imo. It should be something that you can download. Valve released HL2 DM for free so why shouldn't they do they same? I don't think this expansion will change the opinion of those who didn't like Doom 3 much. Adding CTF now?? Isn't that a bit too late? And i have to buy the expansion for that?

New maps, new weapons, new monsters and better multiplayer? Remember Team Arena for Q3? Now that was a failure! Since D3 isn't doing as well as they expected they just decide to copy HL2 and add a gravity gun and a flash light suit (again just like HL2). I'm quite disappointed with ID to be honest.

ID needs to know that the run and gun gameplay can no longer please gamers. They cannot expect people to like the same thing they did 10 years ago.
 
Well The screen shots look good, and The Lights seem to be on in the first one. I might look into buy'n it.

Mongoose
 
great.... more dark endless hallways with monsters around every corner that just stand there until you bother them....

i was not impressed at all with doom 3, and the multiplayer completly sucked ass
 
sodaz said:
This expansion pack should be free of charge imo. It should be something that you can download. Valve released HL2 DM for free so why shouldn't they do they same? I don't think this expansion will change the opinion of those who didn't like Doom 3 much. Adding CTF now?? Isn't that a bit too late? And i have to buy the expansion for that?

New maps, new weapons, new monsters and better multiplayer? Remember Team Arena for Q3? Now that was a failure! Since D3 isn't doing as well as they expected they just decide to copy HL2 and add a gravity gun and a flash light suit (again just like HL2). I'm quite disappointed with ID to be honest.

ID needs to know that the run and gun gameplay can no longer please gamers. They cannot expect people to like the same thing they did 10 years ago.

You do know nerve software is developing the expansion pack right? And like most people they like to get paid for the work they do.
 
So what if valve released HL2 DM for free, they should have released it with the actual game. Additionally, HL2 DM is a simple mod with a tiny variation in two maps so far. It's hardly a fair comparison to an expansion pack. If valve released opposing force and blue shift for free, then you'd have an argument.

sodaz said:
This expansion pack should be free of charge imo. It should be something that you can download. Valve released HL2 DM for free so why shouldn't they do they same? I don't think this expansion will change the opinion of those who didn't like Doom 3 much. Adding CTF now?? Isn't that a bit too late? And i have to buy the expansion for that?

New maps, new weapons, new monsters and better multiplayer? Remember Team Arena for Q3? Now that was a failure! Since D3 isn't doing as well as they expected they just decide to copy HL2 and add a gravity gun and a flash light suit (again just like HL2). I'm quite disappointed with ID to be honest.

ID needs to know that the run and gun gameplay can no longer please gamers. They cannot expect people to like the same thing they did 10 years ago.
 
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I won't be falling for their tech-demo a second time around.
 
HRslammR said:
mmm... is it worth a rebuy of doom3?

...i sold my copy so i could get WoW on day one!

hah, lucky you i tried to sell my copy but no one i know where i live has a pc that can run it.
 
m4rine said:
sure it seems ripped from HL2, but theve had that feature in the original game as a dev tool, it works practically the same as the grav gun in hl2, ive used it. Read the rest of the article, it says they were contemplating put the gun in Doom 3, before HL2 ever even had the gravity gun, or at least around the same time.

Truthfully, the Grav Gun (on either game) was just another weapon (if you can call it that), nothing special, just a simple physics manipulation, not even enough to make a hype on it like HL2 did. Heck i downloaded the mod for it (The version with the hand) soon after i got the game :p

@sodaz
HL2: DM os nothing more than a mod that anybody can make, no different from the 8 player Doom3 mod. If you're gonna counter with CS. HL:CounterStrike was made by the mod community not Valve, it's supposed to be free (otherwise, valve will sue).

Opposing Force was an official expansion and you're saying we should get it for free as well? How about Gunman Chronicles? Better yet, we should get Painkiller: Battle out of Hell for free right?

A community mod is different from an official expansion.
 
Sly said:
@sodaz
HL2: DM os nothing more than a mod that anybody can make, no different from the 8 player Doom3 mod. If you're gonna counter with CS. HL:CounterStrike was made by the mod community not Valve, it's supposed to be free (otherwise, valve will sue).
Valve took over Counter-Strike a long, long time ago.
 
@kick@ss
I was referring to HL:CS. Not CS:CZ nor HL2:CS.

EDIT: Misspelled kick@ss's name. Sorry.
 
sodaz said:
This expansion pack should be free of charge imo. It should be something that you can download. ...............

Please go take an economics or marketing class.

The developers, marketers, and distributers need to pay their rent and buy groceries just like you.
 
Back
Top