• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Does AMD have an answer for Conroe?

+++DESTROYER+++ said:
To me, I have been an AMD guy for a long time now & the ones that I have had out performed the Intel Pent. 4's that I have had the pleasure of owning as well. I just built a new rig a couple of months ago with an Opteron 165($327) & have it clocked 2,8Ghz. From my stand point, do I care if Conroe is going to give me 150fps. on my games opposed to 125fps from my current rig...absolutely not...The synthetic benchmarks are crap next to real world anyway & in the real world, I doubt that Conroe is just going to blow anyone's mind next to a 939 or AM2...
Just my opinion but, I have no desire to change my whole setup to "upgrade" to Conroe when things are so fast now anyway, are you really going to notice a big real world difference?
I'll stick with AMD....

The only difference it will be to is the intel ppl. Me I have AM2 at dual core 2.8ghz and I can't feel one bit of performance difference in the REAL world. Conroe is just made to bench. It does everything a AMD does... well only for performance, doesn't have all the features AMD's have so stick with your AMD. You can live without conroe. I think its just hype to waist money. Right now I'm looking forward to keeping my mobo for the next 3 years for real. The only real upgrade with me will be 65nm, and K8L. Thats pretty cheap but atleast I won't be needing to upgrade much anymore. Just like to max my comp out with next gen stuff. All I need is another gig of ram and a DX10 high end card (IM waiting for) then no more upgradeing for me for awile atleast whole system wise my thing after K8L will last me up until 2010 Or until a new arc comes out like K10.

I'm only doing major cpu upgrades from now on that actouly make a 100% difference. 65nm is sipose to do 40% so if it does I'll goto that besides it will be really cheap and be nice since it will OC better then 90nm. Then K8L more for the features but it should have noticable performance differences mostly if I go 4 cores with it. Then I'd be set for awile.

But I don't think I quite found the board I want yet. I think I'll go with a DFI ATi matx when it comes out. Would have gotten it but it hasn't come out yet so I went with a Biostar for now cus I also like this board. But my final board will be the DFI because it will perform the best and has all the features I would ever want in a board.

AMD isn't really needing to combat conroe. AM2 aready is better in the sence that its so upgradeable even 3 years down the road. Saves alot of money and time. Has better chipsets and features so I'm happy or will be happy with the DFI infinity. Wish it would come out aready. The 1st real mATX board with every feature a ATX board has I always wanted finally.
 
Back
Top