Dodged a bullet

A broke squirrel found a nut and came here to brag about it, LOL. Pathetic.
squirrelincrosshairs1.jpg

I am not sure how OP miscalculated that badly, but...I guess this launch has driven people insane or something.

OP, definitely went clown mode, good riddance. Personally I would have a hard time selling something like this over $100 total cost. I would not stand in line for something I would not use unless a gift while others are going to if they get one. A level of decency and mutual respect with understanding. Do unto others as you would have then do unto you is a very solid foundation for peace, getting things settled and working well.

I mean, I understand being hard to turn down if someone offers you a lot more for something than you paid for it and being able to afford something even better is a nice bonus, but coming and gloating about it and being disrespectful to others... not cool.

I don't blame him. If someone offered me $700 over the price I would sure as hell sell it. Just he was a douche on the forums bragging about it. I would of just stayed quiet.

I don't blame him. If someone offered me $700 over the price I would sure as hell sell it. Just he was a douche on the forums bragging about it. I would of just stayed quiet.

Yeah, I don't either...it would be foolish of me to not even entertain the possibility of selling one for the guaranteed profit that they are sucking up right now, had I been able to beat the odds and actually get one.

I wouldn't have even minded a thread with the vibe "got lucky with getting a 3080, but after seeing what they are being sold for, I've decided to sell it and try to get a 3090 since I'm in a position that I can wait for a replacement GPU.", instead of the e-peen stretching, ego-stroking, and chest beating way of merely bragging that was shat upon this forum.

Last edited:
I'm not bothered by the scalping, he was total tool though, just hope he has a better personality in person. Actually I don't even care about keyboard warriors.

Hell, I'll admit I almost got one of the XC listed yesterday. My plan was to pass it on to my friend (he's looking for air cooled, I'm really looking for water to fit into my custom loop), or possibly use it briefly waiting on the step-up to a Hydro Copper once they drop. And if for some reason that wasn't possible, I'd have listed it for a bit more than I paid (if still hard to find) or ~going price if not once I did get my hands on a blocked version, but don't brag about that shit. I was trying to help a friend (he can't be online a big chunk of the day) or hold me over till the one I wanted came out.

Agreed with everyone above. If you were lucky enough to get ahold of a 3080 @ launch, awesome. If you want to sell it for a profit, you have every right to do so. That doesn't mean I agree with it, but I certainly can't stop you from doing so... but then getting on a forum and bragging about selling a 3080 and now being able to afford a 3090 with the profit, that's just low. Really, really, really low. There are quite a few people on this forum that were itching to get a 3080 at launch, so to get on her and brag about selling your 3080 is a slap in the face to any legit consumer that wants one but was unable to get one.

Agreed with everyone above. If you were lucky enough to get ahold of a 3080 @ launch, awesome. If you want to sell it for a profit, you have every right to do so. That doesn't mean I agree with it, but I certainly can't stop you from doing so... but then getting on a forum and bragging about selling a 3080 and now being able to afford a 3090 with the profit, that's just low. Really, really, really low. There are quite a few people on this forum that were itching to get a 3080 at launch, so to get on her and brag about selling your 3080 is a slap in the face to any legit consumer that wants one but was unable to get one.

Eh, that's one less douchebag imo. And as he said, he doesn't care to be a part of this community in the first place.

i wish people would stop saying this.

We don't actually know what the real performance difference between the 3090 and the 3080 is. Leaks suggest one thing or another, but the information we have is incomplete and potentially misleading. For example: 3DMark 10 scores are virtually meaningless. It isn't as if a given amount of 3DMarks translates to XYZ FPS in specific game engines. It likely comes down to use cases as well. The 3090 might not be necessary under 4K, but at 4K it could be considerably faster. We just don't know enough to make judgement calls and whether or not the performance is worth the cost given that we don't actually have any real idea how it performs.
I hope people keep saying this. Drive that demand down. 3080 is where it's at. No need to buy a 3090. The price / performance is silly.

If we keep the nonsense rumors up, there might actually be some 3090s available for those of us who want one. =)

Dodged a bullet but hit by a cannonball.

The 3090 is more than twice the price for a mere 20% increase in performance (at best!). NVIDIA margin on this one must be absolutely insane but I am sure that Jensen Huang will appreciate your generosity.
With respect to VRAM, the 3080 20GB is expected in the coming months, which will resolve this issue at a much more reasonable price than the 3090.

Don't think you'll be saying that when next gen games run at 10fps at 4k with max textures on the 3080 because it doesn't have enough VRAM.

the guy was a bit over the top but people are also being a bit too hard on him...he didn't do anything illegal...he played the market and it paid off for him...someone earlier in this thread compared it to hoarding critical pandemic supplies but this is not the same thing at all, it's a GPU not a ventilator

him buying a 3080 and re-selling it doesn't prevent an actual 3080 user from buying one...the OP seems like he wanted a 3080 but then couldn't resist selling it after seeing what some people were willing to pay for it...

him buying a 3080 and re-selling it doesn't prevent an actual 3080 user from buying one...
He snapped up an MSRP 3080 that could have been bought by a person intending to use it, then turned around and sold it to an idiot willing to spend 200%.

He snapped up an MSRP 3080 that could have been bought by a person intending to use it, then turned around and sold it to an idiot willing to spend 200%.

the person willing to spend 200% more shows that he wanted the 3080 more then most and was willing to overpay for it

the person willing to spend 200% more shows that he wanted the 3080 more then most and was willing to overpay for it
Exactly. As long as people are willing to hand over the cash, everything is for sale.

I'm looking at a 3070 myself, and am going to wait for all the hype to come down.

Personally, I have no issue with what he did. Unethical...perhaps. Illegal...not in this case.

On the other hand, not something I would go on a forum to brag about...

Personally, I have no issue with what he did. Unethical...perhaps. Illegal...not in this case.

On the other hand, not something I would go on a forum to brag about...

I don't give a shit if somebody wins the F5 game twice and scalps the second one....or if they wait overnight at microcenter and need to make a couple bucks.

But what I do give a shit about is if some asshole buys 48 fucking cards with a bot and then ebays them @ 3x the price like a dickhead.

IMO this is more about the personality required to come on a hardware forum and troll it than about flipping a new piece of hardware. What must go through someone's mind to get some sort of reward bragging about being a douche? Not enough attention from daddy?

Thank you for playing, we have a nice parting gift for you.

I logged in for the first time in years just to like this post... and to figure out how old my account is <3

Edit: I've been a fan for years, and even though I don't post much, I am a pretty huge lurker (as with my other friends who have been here just as long).

Wait until the guy breaks it and then wants to return it through ebay within the time limit, claiming it's defective... You know, after the OP already spent the money on a 3090...

Back