Do you use a UPS?

xphantg0d

Gawd
I have been thinking about getting a UPS and was wondering how many people use them and what brand/model they recommend.
Edit: I also dont want to spend more than $100

I have an APC Smart-UPS SU1400NET. It's awesome. Will hold a single computer w/o monitor up for over 2 hours.

i've got a 1000va Tripp Lite with AVR. got it at Costco here for $99.

i've never had a problem with it, and it seems to be handling the 2 computers i'm running off it just fine.

If you want one cheap, get a used one off ebay without a battery. Then ebay again for a compatible battery. The only problem is that you won't receive the software bundle if it comes with one. APC is really the only company I would imagine going with, specifically their 'Smart UPS' server series. Should be within your budget if you go the Ebay route.

I've seen several reviews comparing the Belkin and APC UPS's and i've tried out both and i have to say i think Belkin is a little better. There was a review a while back with the Belkin 1200VA vs. an APC 1000VA i believe it was and the Belkin got a higher score. Belkin UPS's are usually quite a bit cheaper too.

APC and Belkin both are top quality brands for UPS's. You can't go wrong with ither one.

I got a Liebert UPSstation GXT off ebay for $77 a year ago. It's an online UPS, meaning that it also conditions the power, removing spikes, dips and surges. The retail price of it is $1500, so I got a kickass deal! Check Ebay!

Liebert makes some of the best UPS systems available. The one at work cost over $35k. The specs on it are insane.

I use one, every electronic in my room goes through it, only my PC is connected thro the battery, APC all the way!

douglas25 said:
Liebert makes some of the best UPS systems available. The one at work cost over $35k. The specs on it are insane.

It can provide power to a small family for 2 years, lol :p

Well it seems like most people think APC is the best. but where can i get one cheap. I am not a big fan of e-bay.

Back