• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Do you remember your first graphics card?

For me, I've owned anything from the CGA/Monochrome all the way to the 9600GT/8800GTS. There are too many brands to list so I will just leave it at that.
 
My first stand alone video card was an Oak 1MB ISA that I put into my 386SX16
 
hmm an AIW Radeon 7500. My older built a computer the year before me and told me All-in-Wonders were awesome! Of course, not so awesome for gaming. Overpriced and underpowered, and TV looked like crap on it. I don't listen to my brother anymore...for anything.
 
gefore4 abit siluro ti4600 and a nvidia ti4600. Both were given to me. could have SLI it, but...there were no SLI connectors on the card. :p
 
nVidia GeForce FX 5500 pci / XFX GeForce 7900 GS agp / Palit GeForce 8800GT pci-e
The 5500 is still in the loop on my internet machine that I'm posting this on.
 
My first add-on graphics card was a 3dfx Voodoo3 2000 PCI.
I still have it in its box. Look's as new as the day I bought it. I installed it in a IBM Aptiva PC in order to boost the graphics performance. Worked great for the time I used that PC!

In fact that was the first computer add-on part I had ever installed and was really the start of PC building for me. My next system was completely hand built using off-the-shelf components and I've never looked back since :cool:
 
For me:
S3:
Monochrome, and 3d Virge series and ProSavage

Matrox:
Matrox Mystique, G200, G400, Perhelia,

Voodoo
Voodoo 6000

nVidia:
TNT2 Pro, Geforce 4 MX or something, Geforce 4200Ti, 4600, 4800 SE, Gigabyte GV3DIN1 Dual 6600GT if I can remember after being sold, Geforce 7500LE, 7600GT, 8500GT, 8800GTX, 9600GT, 9800GT (Both gone now)

ATI:
ATi Pro Rage 3D, ATi Radeon Powercolor 9800PRO completely modified, Sapphire 2400Pro
 
ATI Xpert @ Play 98 (8mb) was my first video card that I bought specifically for a custom system.

Pretty sure it was a Voodoo 2 after that.
 
Voodoo 3 3000 PCI...went in a Compaq 667 mhz celeron machine...got it at office depot back in the early days of price matching for $118....they matched it to a local pc shop. It was a sweet 'score' but I can't recall what the original price was at OD.
 
Can't remember the name of it, but it was something from Creative Labs I think. Before 3d accelerators were on the market. Before Voodoo and Tomb Raider set the world alight. Yeah.... I'm old. :p
 
I guess I'm in the younger crowd. My first card was a Geforce 4 MX440 64MB then....

ATI 9800Pro 128MB
ATI X800XL 256MB
Nvidia 9600GT 512MB



Yours is pretty similar to mine :p

Geforce 4 MX440 -> ATI 9800Pro -> HD2600 Pro AGP -> 8800GT/9600GT/3870(8800gt in one rig, 9600gt in other till it died then swapped it with 3870) -> 9800GX2
 
Wow , loooong time ago my first add-on (so-called) 3D card was a Diamond with 512k of memory (yes "k" not MB :p ) , then the next was a Matrox mistique 2MB/upgradable 4MB. Past that .... waaaay toooo many to list . lol
 
GF3 Ti200 128MB

I'm young :(

I remember seeing Voodoo's and stuff in Circuit City when I would go inside, but I wasn't a computer person back then, I just went in for mp3 players and stuff.

Either way, I took that GF3 from my dad's new dell and put it in my slightly older dell, and gave him my TNT2 8MB or whatever it came with. He never knew the difference :p

Umm, after that came a TI 4600 by Gainward, with the gold heatsinks, then a FX5900U ; ; Then an X800XL, then a 7800GTX then a second 7800GTX, then back to a single 7800GTX which died and got warranty replaced with ah 8600GTS, which I then sold and got an 8800GT which is what I'm using now.

Got my eye on a 55nm GTX 260 though :p
 
Diamond Monster 4Mb 3dfx Voodoo + Matrox Millennium.
Playing Quake was a singularly fantastic experience.
 
you guys are too young

it's the STB Riva 128 with the awesome power of 16 megs of RAM
it wasn't even technically "real" 3d
and then the 4 meg Voovoo cards then finally
then the $300 12 meg Voodoo2 PCi add in cards, and you HAD to have 2 of them so you can,
get ready.....run at
1024x768 baby!
 
you guys are too young

it's the STB Riva 128 with the awesome power of 16 megs of RAM
it wasn't even technically "real" 3d
and then the 4 meg Voovoo cards then finally
then the $300 12 meg Voodoo2 PCi add in cards, and you HAD to have 2 of them so you can,
get ready.....run at
1024x768 baby!

Not all of us are that young. I started even earlier than that with sub-1MB video cards that didn't do 3D at all. I started with ISA bus video cards.
 
you guys are too young

shutyomouph...

Pure3D by Canopus (based off 3Dfx's Voodoo chip / 1997)

dsc00104if8.jpg


Dark Forces II never looked so good. :D
 
Riva 128 (annihilated UT99 at 15 fps @ 320x240), GeForce 4, 9600xt, x1900, GTX 260.

I almost won a GeForce 5900 from a UT2004 tournament, but came in 2nd and got a T-shirt, which was probably faster anyway. :rolleyes: :p
 
S3 Virge, Voodoo 2... the days of 3dfx and Glide! those were the days
 
3Dfx Voodoo Banshee 16mb..and bought Half Life because"The box was cool"little did I know!!..:p
 
my first gfx card was a pci Radeon 7500 64 mb (think i bought it for $100 usd)

I think it was back in 2001
 
Voodoo Graphics 4MB > Voodoo RUSH 8MB > Voodoo2 12MB > SLI Voodoo2 + i740 16MB > Voodoo3 3000 > Voodoo5 5500 > Raedon 9000 64MB > Raedon 9600SE > Raedon 9600XT > GeForce 6800GT > 7800GT > 8800GTS 640
 
Voodoo Banshee I think... it was a killer 2d/3d card at the time. Its been a long time.
 
Voodoo Banshee I think... it was a killer 2d/3d card at the time. Its been a long time.

Actually the Banshee was slower than the Voodoo 2 and its 2D capabilities were regarded as abysmal for the time. The only benefit was cost and of course it took only one expansion slot where dedicated 2D and 3D cards took at least two slots.
 
Actually the Banshee was slower than the Voodoo 2 and its 2D capabilities were regarded as abysmal for the time.

Hey! Thats not what the guy at the computer shop told me.... uhm as he was selling it to me.... when I didn't know jack about computers.....damn. :mad:
 
Back
Top