Do you like small ?

Be logical and rational:
1) Some people do not want to pay the price premium for a fast 2.5" drive
2) It's a matter of personal tastes. Not many people like silver for any rational reason.
3) Might cost a bit more to add that lid
4) I don't think the intention of that case was suppose to be a high-quality case akin to a Lian-Li. In addition, it costs more to make the front portion out of aluminum.
5) Again, it costs a bit more to add those LEDs. In addition, not everyone wants LEDs. I sure as hell don't.

to 1) sorry, I meant the 3.5" bay ... who still uses a floppy ?
to 2) hmm, yep. If there's one thing you cannot argue about, then it's taste.
to 3) uhu, so ... that's low quality then in my eyes.
to 4) I prefer to pay extra for better quality, but that's just me.
to 5) Well, that's funny. Look how some folks pimp their PC cases ... inside & outside.

This case is not for me, but the arrangement of the internals does seems to be better than with the Lian Li's one.

1) It's probably there to let add 3.5" card reader. There are other external 3.5" bay devices besides floppy disks you know :)
3-4) Then ok. But for others, that case might fit their budget better.
5) Of course there are many people who love pimpin their cases. But there are others who prefer plain but solid looking cases such as the Antec P182, a few Lian Li cases, etc.

I was thinking all the time about a "minimalistic" Mini iTX PC case.
Having found this one, it comes pretty close to what I have in mind.

If I really don't use a discrete graphics card, and maybe only one HDD, possibly only a SSD ... then wouldn't something similar to that little case here look awesome ?

1lilj.jpg

28dfs.jpg

source: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219197

Hmmmmm ...

The JCP MI-102 ...

jcpmini-itxmi-1027x72.jpg

There is no space for a PSU in there, so it has to be external.
Hmm, how would that work cable wise I wonder ?

What would be the absolute minimum wattage, to operate a Q9550S and one HDD / SSD only ?
Sometimes I'd connect an optical drive in addition, but only when needed.

Maybe 100W ? 150W ? 200W ?

Best "minimalist" mITX case I've found to date is the new M350 from mini-box (http://www.mini-box.com/M350-universal-mini-itx-enclosure). Have one for my Zotac i630 and I LOVE it.

Oh, and get a picoPSU (the 150w if you really want to run a quad, but you don't really need it, and the "S" series quads have yet to show any at the wall savings of power, there are a couple of reviews out there).

What do you think about this one ?

It's called AOpen S100

12tx0.jpg

24phw.jpg

3gosr.jpg

40t2s.jpg

636yk.jpg

Back