Dishonored

I am wondering if the "revenge solves everything" will get parent groups up in arms. There hasn't been much in videogames to stir them up in a while...they must be chomping at the bit for something even remotely suggestive.

·PitBuLL·;1039213369 said:
Can you guys explain to me how Steam is letting you download at over 2mbps? It caps me there and my connection far exceeds that threshold...

I get even higher downloads at times. Average is 6mbs or so.

This is an amazing game.. Plus amazing PC copy of the game. Not sure if its a port. But it doesn't feel like one at all.

·PitBuLL·;1039213369 said:
Can you guys explain to me how Steam is letting you download at over 2mbps? It caps me there and my connection far exceeds that threshold...

Change download location

Woke up far too early this morning and decided to get started.

Only beat the first mission so far, but probably played for 2-3 hours as I did all the side quest bits. I'm really having fun with the game, but can't bring myself to spare anyone...I'm going batman-style sneaking up and taking out every guy which is great fun!! The powers are very cool too, and already in the first mission I ran into a few places where I realized that if I (for example) had invested in possession instead of lvl 2 blink, I could have gained access to the building in a very different way.

I'm not sure what it is about the game, but it has a classic PC game feel.

I am enjoying the game so far. but it seems a bit easy. you just stop time kill every one and run away before all the bodies hit the floor. and i wish the sword play had a bit more depth than, block and mash the left mouse button.

I am enjoying the game so far. but it seems a bit easy. you just stop time kill every one and run away before all the bodies hit the floor. and i wish the sword play had a bit more depth than, block and mash the left mouse button.

It's early days for me, so I expected it would be easier in the beginning - having said that, when I replay, I'm definitely playing on hard instead of normal.

Looks real solid from what you guys are describing. I'll have to give it a go once I beat TL2 with a buddy.

i started on the hard difficulty after seeing it suggested in a few of the reviews. had an freaking blast playing this last night. would have stayed up until 2am if i didn't have to get up for work this morning. i agree with quadnad, this has a 'classic PC game' feel.

RPS said it right. This game feels like it came from an alternate timeline where games like System Shock 2 and the Theif series set the tone vs Call of Madden games and that sort of thing.

If you're a fan of Deus Ex, Thief...stuff like that...you should be eating this thing up right now. I know I am. Might be the GOTY right here, folks.

Unreal Engine. Wonder what tricks we can do?

Seeing a bunch of .ini files in My Documents\My Games\Dishonored\DishonoredGame\Config

Hopefully no one (that didn't Pre-order I suppose) paid $60 for this, when there's deals available everywhere.

I'm not one to normally say something like this. But you are playing it wrong. Try sneaking and doing non lethal take downs and having to hide bodies. You are basically playing it like an average FPS when it really isn't meant to be played in that way.

the GameStop pre-order Tarot Cards are actually pretty nice...I was expecting maybe 3-5 cards but it came with an entire deck of 79 cards...now to finally start the game :D

Dishonored still on sale for 25% off at GMG - $45 until 10/12

25% off voucher: GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN

And as always, new customers get $2 off after their first purchase with the following link:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else think this game has pretty awful graphics for today's standards?

Anyone else think this game has pretty awful graphics for today's standards?

Yeah I don't think they're anything special, I wouldn't go as far as calling them awful though. However, it runs silky smooth with a lot of things going on and places to go so I can appreciate that.

Did anyone else have a difficult time in the opening chapter avoiding detection and using stealth take-downs? I found that some guards were simply too close to each other and I couldn't avoid actually killing them.

I killed damn near every guard on the first level. Partly because, like you say, it's difficult to stealth all the way through. But mostly because I'm going Rambo this play through.

I don't know, the textures on some things seems JARRINGLY low res, like circa 90's low res.

The tree in that courtyard where you play hide and seek at the first of the game. I "hid" behind it and up close the textures were so low res it actually took me by a bit of a surprise because of it.

I don't know, the textures on some things seems JARRINGLY low res, like circa 90's low res.

The tree in that courtyard where you play hide and seek at the first of the game. I "hid" behind it and up close the textures were so low res it actually took me by a bit of a surprise because of it.

A little bit of inconsistency like that but overall art direction is excellent. Graphics are "good' but not shock and awe IMHO. But damn does it all come together REALLY well.

I've had "Thief" moments, "Hitman" moments...folks if you think the game is too easy play it on at least hard level and turn off all the handholders in menus.

Yeah, from what I hear, it's difficult if you play it like Thief, and it's really easy if you just kill everyone.

RPS said it right. This game feels like it came from an alternate timeline where games like System Shock 2 and the Theif series set the tone vs Call of Madden games and that sort of thing.

If you're a fan of Deus Ex, Thief...stuff like that...you should be eating this thing up right now. I know I am. Might be the GOTY right here, folks.

Bethesda owes you a commission, purchased this a second after reading your post, sold lol :p

BOOOO, this game only supports up to 5.1 sound; no 7.1 surround. Same crap with Arkham City and Sleeping Dogs and they all use Wwise for mixing. Oh, I see, Wwise doesn't even support 7.1 configurations.

/nerd rage

Gonna be difficult but I'll have to enjoy the game for what it is.

Here is how you played Dishonored.

Remember Thief? Yes? Ok then , DO THAT. STEALTH STEALTH STEALTH AND MORE STEALTH.

Oh? You didn't play Thief? Go to youtube , watch some videos and pretty much do that. Dishonored is about 5-10 times better in every respect when you go the stealth route and actually challenge yourself. Arkane Studios heavily encourages you throughout the game to do so.

Trust them , they did a good job. And that's how you play Dishonored.

Edit : just for you refraxion.

Last edited:
Here is how you played Dishonored.

Remember Thief? Yes? Ok then , DO THAT. STEALTH STEALTH STEALTH AND MORE STEALTH.

Oh? You didn't play Thief? Go to youtube , watch some videos and pretty much do that. Dishonored is about 5-10 times better in every respect when you go the stealth route and actually challenge yourself. Bethesda heavily encourages you throughout the game to do so.

Trust them , they did a good job. And that's how you play Dishonored.

Arkane Studios.

I am wondering if the "revenge solves everything" will get parent groups up in arms. There hasn't been much in videogames to stir them up in a while...they must be chomping at the bit for something even remotely suggestive.

"Parents" don't much care about such things. Over the top, grievance mongering, busy bodies do. And nobody really cares what those people say at this point.

Indeed. And not a single one is worth it.

That's bullshit. Lots of games throughout the year are worth $60. Its a loaded statement to start with. Games have been $60 on consoles for ages and well development on the PC is just as expensive if not more so. Did people think PC games would be immune from the rising cost of game development?

Of course for all the people who bitch about $60 PC games , they could simply wait for a Steam sale , Amazon sale , Game Fly sale , Greenman sale , D2P sale and so on. Its not like almost every major PC title doesn't go on sale on one of those outlets within a few months , weeks and/or even days of release. At least PC gamers get pretty awesome sale prices soon after release. Console gamers are stuck with the same cost unless they buy used.

Borderlands 2 JUST came out not so long ago and I remember almost within 3 or 4 days it was on sale. Here it is , Borderlands 2 for $24.99 : http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1718474&highlight=Borderlands

Oh and in fact Dishonored is 25 percent off at Greenman RIGHT NOW...

All the bitching and it only takes a little time to save money just by doing a little searching.

This game is pretty rad, did the first mission about 95 percent passive without much trouble. Going to raise the difficulty and turn the markers off when I get off work.

Back