Dino Crisis. The one IP that should have been rebooted before all others...

zamardii

2[H]4U
Okay, hear me out. The originals weren't the greatest games, but the idea was great as was the atmosphere. For all I care, they don't even have to make a straight remake... but Capcom has basically got the survival-horror (horror-action) genre by the balls at the moment with their RE series (next to Konami with Silent Hill). They are sitting on a fantastic IP with Dino Crisis. A survival horror game with Resident Evil 6 controls set in a world with dinosaurs (I mention RE6 because the control was the best out of 4 - 6).

This really needs to be resurrected. Zombies and monsters are scary to a certain extent, but imo nothing is more scary than dinosaurs partly because we know for a fact they at once existed and is within the realm of possibilities of being able to exist even to this day with enough scientific knowledge (in theory). Not to mention the fact that some of the dinosaurs were incredibly fast/smart/ferocious and quite vicious. Imagine a game like The Last of Us but with dinosaurs running loose... but not the fucking Jurassic Park brachiosaurs that you feed and pet... we're talking about vicious, and starving prehistoric reptiles that want to eat your spleen out of you while you're still alive.

I don't know... just a idea. I even bought Turok for PS3 to get some dinosaur action but was sorely disappointed by how suck that game was.

The Last of Us with dino's would be fucking awesome.

I agree with you OP though I'm kinda happy they try to revive it as with 99% of revives they usually end up being completely shitty and often times barely resemble the original game(s).

Dino Crisis would be an awesome reboot if it were done right which sadly I have little faith in most dev's to do it right.

Indeed, now would be a great time as the market is filled with zombies. A dinosaurs game would be great. I enjoyed both 1 and 2. Although 1 didn't have as much as action as the 2nd, I love the puzzle element in 1.

The original Dino Crisis was great. It was almost literally Resident Evil with Dinosaurs, but the dinosaurs' speed and ability to follow you into other rooms created a whole new element of tension. I never played Dino Crisis 2, but it looked like it had changed into, literally, an arcade points-based shooter.

I would love to see a new Dino Crisis and a new ONIMUSHA, with both being true to their roots.

I am going to get it for dreamcast eventually I never played the series i think because i thought it was a cheap RE rip off back in the day but I will give the original a shot once i get it.

I remember playing Dino Stalker (the spinoff lightgun arcade game) a looooong time ago :eek: .

Dino Crisis 3 was definitely not good. I had friends at Hit-Maker who made it and I told them that it was bad when it came out. Really a what the hell happened here kind of game.

A re-boot or HD version would be a great start, well as long as you keep the Resident Evil 6 guys far far away. :p

loved the first 2 dino crisis games,my cousin and I played the hell out of them when we were younger.

dino crisis 3 is one of the few games that i turned off and never played again after only about 20 mins,it was absolutely horrible.

Dino Crisis was and still is a very good game, I would absolutely love a reboot that follows that formula. DC 3 was bad but I enjoyed it more back in the day than DC 2, which was an abomination. I actually gave DC2 yet another chance a few weeks ago after letting it sit on my shelf for the past decade, and it still just rubs me the wrong way.

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

I played Dino Crisis on the PS1 and loved it! Got a lot of replay value out of it. And I agree, zombies are cool and all but the oohing scares the shit out of me more than a T-Rex along with severe bad ass raptors chasing you around! I'd love to see a reboot.

Fucking T-Rex. I'm just casually putting the medals into the cabinet, and his stupid head pokes through the window D: The worst part was in the locker room. By this point, I knew raptors went from room to room, but when he came into the locker room and jumped on the table, it terrified me.

Last time I played this game was probably 10 years ago easily. I just remember the game being a lot like Resident Evil which is why I liked it so much. Then I watched a YouTube video of it and the first thing I saw was Capom and was like ooooo yeah that makes a lot of sense. Haha

Though I haven't played Dino Crisis when I had a playstation a long time ago. I would love to see a game like "State of Decay" but replace the zombies with dinosaurs. That would be fucking insane. Running from a pack of raptors, or when you make too much noise and a T-rex spots you, and you run the fuck out of there and hide in a fucking abandoned house, only to see the T-rex sniffing you out from the fucking windows. SHIT. AWESOME.

Back