did nvidia reduce AA quality?

SuperDuper

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
101
in recent drivers 16xS reduces aliasing on edges noticeably better than 4x SGSSAA in several games I've tried.

Also, 4x AA (application) in the original Unreal with DX11 renderer (latest version) doesn't look as good on 344.75, 347.25, and 347.52 as it did with 340.52

what happened?
 
Get a program that takes uncompressed screenshots (MSI Afterburner can do it, Steam also has an uncompressed option I believe) and compare them. Otherwise there is no way to know. No offense but I've seen these types of threads countless times over the years about image quality for both NVIDIA and AMD and most times it's simply placebo affect or your brain playing tricks. There were a few times that they were caught cheating however. So take some screenshots, blow them up and compare :)
 
In the Nvidia Control panel's Manage 3D settings area, make sure that the "Texture filters - Quality" setting has been set to "High quality" instead of the default "Quality" whenever you are changing driver versions.

Agree 100% with the "Pics or it didn't happen" sentiment.
 
Thanks for the replies:)

I can try the steam uncompressed screenshot option. In the meantime, it would be nice to see if anyone can confirm.:)
 
Back
Top