Did my monitor just break? (LG Ultrawide)

LordJezo

Limp Gawd
I was sitting here in the past hour minding my own business doing nothing of anything and suddenly the left hand side of my monitor went purple and now has scanline looking things. I tried both HDMI ports on the back as well as a second PC, all have the same things so its not the video card or drivers as other things do it.

Is there anything to do besides get a new monitor?

Here is a picture, which I think should show what I am talking about..

There are two HDMI inputs, and yes, it's only HDMI.

I tried two different cables in both HDMI ports across two different PCs.

I had that happen to one of my screens. It fixed itself within 12 hours, but before it went into that state it had one faint horizontal line, and now it has 2.

Did you do anything or just let it sit? I have mine unplugged on the floor now ready to be tossed out soon. The lines didn't go away after a day so I don't know what to even do besides recycle it.

There are two HDMI inputs, and yes, it's only HDMI.

I tried two different cables in both HDMI ports across two different PCs.
Which model monitor do you have? Just curious because it's weird to see a PC monitor these days without DisplayPort.

Did you do anything or just let it sit? I have mine unplugged on the floor now ready to be tossed out soon. The lines didn't go away after a day so I don't know what to even do besides recycle it.
Warranty should cover it

My unit fixed itself just from using it. The dark background addon for Firefox may have helped. It took several hours of being on / usage. As I say, after it fixed itself, I found a second faint horizontal line. Before this major issue it had just one of those.

LG Ultra Wides have a display port as well. At least the 3 different models that I have do.

Back