• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diamond 5850 @ ZZF

ZZF has made quite a few enemies on this board over the past week after dropping the ball on the 5870 release. I'm not quite sure how to handle this, I think this may still be a pre-order thing and won't be shipped for quite a while.

Also, I thought the 5850's MSRP was $249
 
I heard $299 all the way until ZZF and only ZZF did listings tbh, then it went to $259.

It's very confusing.
 
Last edited:
ZZF has made quite a few enemies on this board over the past week after dropping the ball on the 5870 release. I'm not quite sure how to handle this, I think this may still be a pre-order thing and won't be shipped for quite a while.

Also, I thought the 5850's MSRP was $249
Yup, me included. They don't actually have all the cards in stock they sell you. I ended up canceling my order with them (still waiting on the CC refund) and ordering an XFX 5870 from newegg.
 
I admit, ZZF is a bit shady sometimes, but you can get killer deals if you're careful. They are also really close to where I live so I usually get things pretty quick.

The 5850 seems like a great card for the money. That's half of what my 4870x2 cost me in December.
 
I live about 4 miles from ZZF and they have burned me too many times...
 
[ I admit, ZZF is a bit shady sometimes, but you can get killer deals if you're careful] yeah be careful or you might get a good deal...watch out now


zzf can suck my 5870 eggs
 
[ I admit, ZZF is a bit shady sometimes, but you can get killer deals if you're careful] yeah be careful or you might get a good deal...watch out now


zzf can suck my 5870 eggs

Never bought from ZZF, though they seem a tad more legit than ewiz (who has had more complaints on SlickDeals and this forum). Personally I will stick to either Amazon or Newegg......
 
ZZF has some good deals but their customer service isn't very nice.


Even thouth they do have the goods and if I were in the market for a new Xfire build I'd get 2 of these.
 
Never bought from ZZF, though they seem a tad more legit than ewiz (who has had more complaints on SlickDeals and this forum). Personally I will stick to either Amazon or Newegg......

Amazon is CC only, and I trust PayPal more not to screw up CC processing.
 
It's not actually in stock.
"
Non-refundable. Exchange for defective unit(s) only. Pre-ordering available & Estimate Delivery Time: beginning of October."
 
Not in stock.. who knows when you'll get it.
 
Last edited:
Amazon is CC only, and I trust PayPal more not to screw up CC processing.

Why in the world would you trust PayPal over CC? PayPal is horrible in terms of customer support and protecting you. CC's are great in that respect, they will take your side of a dispute much much more often then they take the vendors side. If there is a big problem with something you can just issue a chargeback on your CC and let the merchant take the dispute up with the CC company (which if you're in the right the merchant will lose). If something happens with PayPal you are on the disadvantage from the word go.


Oh, and f*ck ZZF, don't order from them ever.
 
If anyone wanted to know, the preorder for the Diamond 5850 is OOS......
 
I wish ZZF would just go out of business. Then we wouldn't have to hear anything else about that sorry ass company.
 
Back
Top