Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

1692412230223.png

This dropped for me while I was leveling my rogue. And while an awesome weapon, it's a clear indication of a huge problem with the game.

This is nearly a bis weapon for the rogue, and is minimum level. (I got it pre 65, but Ancestral Weapons have a floor of 65). That means for the next 35 levels, I'm never going to find a better weapon. But Level 1-65 takes almost no time to reach, whereas the time increases significantly post 65. Part of the fun of the game is when you are finding upgrades. But in a 150 hour leveling process, if you can get the best possible gear in the first 20 hours, the next 130 hours just becomes a boring slog.

This dropped for me while I was leveling my rogue. And while an awesome weapon, it's a clear indication of a huge problem with the game.

This is nearly a bis weapon for the rogue, and is minimum level. (I got it pre 65, but Ancestral Weapons have a floor of 65). That means for the next 35 levels, I'm never going to find a better weapon. But Level 1-65 takes almost no time to reach, whereas the time increases significantly post 65. Part of the fun of the game is when you are finding upgrades. But in a 150 hour leveling process, if you can get the best possible gear in the first 20 hours, the next 130 hours just becomes a boring slog.
You could spend hundreds of hours trying to find a 3/4 on any gear piece and never finding it. That's not even mentioning the cost of enchanting, which is insane.

I've gotten my sorceress to level 60 and close to the end of the main story. But it's just so boring doing all these fetch quests. I will be moving on to Baldur's Gate 3 after this and probably never will touch it again unless there's significant changes and updates.

Just for fun, I created an Alt character a barbarian. I'm only level 7, but I seem to run out of energy a lot or not have enough.

And I seem a bit squishy as well. I can't take on big mobs.

I thought the barbarian class was like a tank. Almost immortal could take on a dozen enemies no problem? I can't for sure but then again I'm only level 7

Just for fun, I created an Alt character a barbarian. I'm only level 7, but I seem to run out of energy a lot or not have enough.

And I seem a bit squishy as well. I can't take on big mobs.

I thought the barbarian class was like a tank. Almost immortal could take on a dozen enemies no problem? I can't for sure but then again I'm only level 7
You need to generate Fury by using your generators. It was the same way in D3. You can get some skills later to improve Fury generation and even automatically generate it like resources on other classes. Barbarian gets a natural 10% reduction in damage from all sources, but it's still a bit squishy until you unlock more talents.

I tried to get back into it this morning for a bit and got 2 levels and then the game crashed in the middle of a dungeon boss fight... I give up. This game is so disappointing.

This guys an idiot. Why are gamers such entitled whiny little bitches?
You want pay to win? Go play Immortal.
You want pay up front? Play D4.
You want something else? Go fucking play something else.
Just understand whatever it is, you'll be paying for it one way or another. None of these developers like or give a shit about you. They are doing what they do for money, not because they want to be your friend.

I like D4, but don't love it. I've been playing Diablo since the first one back in the 90's. I recall being highly addicted to D2, and a little bit to D3, but not addicted whatsoever to D4.

My highest character is my level 25 Rogue and he's fun, very fast attacker but a bit squishy.

Them I have several alt characters I created to try out different classes. But not a Sorcerer yet, need to create one.

Overall I do not like how slow it is to build up energy / mana, I'm always low on it. I don't recall previous Diablo games having these low mana issues?

Also the game is cool, but not AMAZING awesome or anything. It does get very repetitive.

Plus I wish there was more of an MMO feel or aspect with lots more real players running around the world and going on adventures together.

I have around 170 hours into the game since launch and have gotten my money out of it. The game has problems that need to be addressed but I enjoyed the time while I was playing. If I didn’t enjoy I would have stopped sooner, and I feel like people now days are missing this point. All they want to do is rant online and throw a tantrum when issues are not fixed immediately, but they keep playing the game as if their life depends on it. As someone mentioned in a reply earlier the developers don’t care, they already have your money. Now I don’t think the devs are going to give up on the game and fixing some of the core issues is going to take some time like it did with Diablo 3. Nobody has any patience anymore which is a societal issue, everyone wants instant gratification and if they aren’t happy they demand immediate fixes. If I’m playing a game and I no longer enjoy it I’m not going to torture myself to keep playing it, and if it’s that bad I’ll try to get a refund otherwise just eat the cost and move on.

Wait. Do we need to pay extra for the season 2 pass or something?

Why couldn't they make it like Baldur's Gate 3 and regards to no micro transactions. No gift shops to buy crap. And being totally offline not needing an internet connection to play.

Wait. Do we need to pay extra for the season 2 pass or something?

Why couldn't they make it like Baldur's Gate 3 and regards to no micro transactions. No gift shops to buy crap. And being totally offline not needing an internet connection to play.
Because they are releasing new content quarterly plus putting out constant patches to hone and improve the game's systems.

Given the average age and political leaning of the people here I'm genuinely surprised that they can't seem to grasp the concept of paying people for their work. Instead of forcing you to pay for new content they are funding it all through optional aesthetic content. Don't like it don't buy. None of this is very complicated.

Because they are releasing new content quarterly plus putting out constant patches to hone and improve the game's systems.

Given the average age and political leaning of the people here I'm genuinely surprised that they can't seem to grasp the concept of paying people for their work. Instead of forcing you to pay for new content they are funding it all through optional aesthetic content. Don't like it don't buy. None of this is very complicated.
They somehow managed to accomplish 29 seasons of D3 though? Most of which are better than D4's season.
Sometimes it's okay to call things a cash grab.

They somehow managed to accomplish 29 seasons of D3 though? Most of which are better than D4's season.
Sometimes it's okay to call things a cash grab.

Yeah, because the landscape of game development in 2012 was exactly the same as it is today. It took D3 years to get to the point where they were adding more complex content and the cost of development was significantly cheaper, especially for a game who's assets were already dated before it even launched. D4 hasn't even been out 4 months and its first season isn't even over. You understand how insanely stupid that comparison is? Comparing the two is ridiculous and extremely disingenuous. The fact is the cosmetics take time and skill to create, the fact you think you're entitled to that content for free either means you're a narcissist or have a very childlike understanding of the world.

The fact that cosmetics takes time to create has zero sympathy with me. I think paid cosmetics in this game is the most useless waste of money you could possibly buy.

So, when they cry about it taking time, they can go kick rocks. Maybe spend the time on fixing the end game instead of useless shit.

Bliz pays their employees for the work. I paid for the product. The product has holes, hence the complaint.

Literally nothing was different across all 29 seasons in D3.
As someone who has a record of playing a majority of those seasons I can tell you point blank that you’re wrong. (I have an embarrassing amount of game time. Likely over 7000 hours).

Though I definitely will say that Blizzard didn’t figure out the way to make player base go up and increase fun was to do silly overpowerd things with limited season gear, seasonal skills, seasonal enchants, and the like until the later half of seasons. This last season of D3 has been one of the most fun. And likely the D3 swan song.

D4 should be able to do far more there and hopefully do things like introduce new stories, new quests, and special enemies. While some special enemies existed in D3 seasons, they were mostly just reskinned chars.

On topic though, it should be easy as pie to make good seasons in D4. They literally have 5+ years of gamer data to mine from as well as what was successful and what wasn’t.

It’s obvious that corporate wants d4 to be an unenjoyable slog. A grind fest. You would’ve thought that they would’ve figured out from D3 1.0.0 to 1.0.5 that that isn’t what players want and what keeps them playing. Want to keep them playing? It’s pretty easy, make the game rewarding and fun with mechanics that people understand.

People with 2 brain cells could fix the problems that seemingly Acti-Blizz can’t.

Last edited:

Well your user name is pretty fitting for your opinion.

No one said anything about Blizzard crying. As a matter of fact the only people crying here are the ones like you. They make cosmetics for the people who enjoy them and to keep the game profitable so they can continue working on it. If you think the same artists creating the cosmetic content are also the coders and engineers working on system and gameplay mechanics as well as bugs you're either extremely ignorant or knowingly making a bullshit statement so you can "win" this little imaginary argument you have going on in your head.

See above.
You paid for a product, you received that product, bugs are being fixed. The fact that you don't like a certain system within the game is your problem, not theirs. They are not obligated to change it but they are. They are constantly reworking things to improve the experience for as many people as possible. That process takes time and skill which costs money so they chose to sell cosmetic stuff for people who like that sort of thing. If you don't like it don't spend money on it. The fact that you and all these other "adults" are here crying about it is legitimately pathetic. Get the fuck over it and move on, it doesn't effect you in any significant way.

Maybe go play PoE... oh... wait, they sell cosmetics also.

Okay, just so I'm clear, you think paying people for their time and skill is a grift and that you have a right to use the product of said work and skill for free? You either don't understand the conversion taking place or you're kind of a piece of shit.
If I'm wrong here please explain to me your logic and how you arrived at that conclusion.
LOL calling me a piece of shit....good move bud.
And there is a big difference on selling cosmetics...and charging people for "Seasonal" content....hmmm I don't believe POE charges for seasonal stuff......but blizzard sure does.

LOL calling me a piece of shit....good move bud.
And there is a big difference on selling cosmetics...and charging people for "Seasonal" content....hmmm I don't believe POE charges for seasonal stuff......but blizzard sure does.
You're the one who thinks you are owed free stuff.
There is a crap ton of seasonal stuff for free and a separate ladder of cosmetics you can pay to partake in. Again, the fact you're getting offended over something that you claim to not care about says quite a lot.

Last edited:
I'd just ignore that guy at this point lol. Just causing drama while he tries defending something that is important to him. If he's happy with D4, more power to him.

There is a crap ton of seasonal stuff for free and and a separate ladder of cosmetics you can pay to partake in.
I'm not taking part in any side of this argument. I will say the disparity between the free battle pass cosmetic unlocks and the paid battle pass cosmetic unlocks is....fairly noticeable lol. You literally end up looking like a 'poor' :ROFLMAO:

bpass.jpg

I'd just ignore that guy at this point lol. Just causing drama while he tries defending something that is important to him. If he's happy with D4, more power to him.
Right?
I'm not crying and complaining over stupid shit or agreeing with your childish take so I'm just causing drama because Diablo is sooo important to me.

I'm not the one dumping dozens, if not hundreds of hours into a game I dislike just so I can complain about it to strangers on the internet.

I'm not taking part in any side of this argument. I will say the disparity between the free battle pass cosmetic unlocks and the paid battle pass cosmetic unlocks is....fairly noticeable lol. You literally end up looking like a 'poor' :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 592932

I guess it's a good thing none of these guys care about cosmetics and the game has hundreds of different armor pieces and variations already.

I tried D3 when it launched the animations were bad. Diablo 4 looks good but it's gameplay is hit or miss. I might have to Roll a Barb or Druid since my Socorcer just nukes everything. The Ai is trash mob Ai nothing wrong with that but just makes you comfortable numb to it after a while.

I tried D3 when it launched the animations were bad. Diablo 4 looks good but it's gameplay is hit or miss. I might have to Roll a Barb or Druid since my Socorcer just nukes everything. The Ai is trash mob Ai nothing wrong with that but just makes you comfortable numb to it after a while.
I don't think you could have a really good, fast paced ARPG without mostly trash mob AI. I feel like that would break the pacing of the action. I know they say monsters are "smarter" and will team up and use abilities in such a way as to better play off each other, which may be the case, but at the pace this game moves, in most cases, that doesn't often translate very well to the end user. The brilliance of Diablo has always been simplicity with variety. The biggest downfall of D4, in my opinion, is they seem to have lost track of that with some of their systems which fucks with the pacing, hence people getting bored.

D3 never looked great but the last 5 or so years of it's life they did a lot of fun stuff with it. I'm not sure how it will be now without the seasonal stuff but, if you haven't played it and some of that is still available I'd give it a go. You'd probably like it a lot better than D4 in it's current state.

Last edited:
Right?
I'm not crying and complaining over stupid shit or agreeing with your childish take so I'm just causing drama because Diablo is sooo important to me.

I'm not the one dumping dozens, if not hundreds of hours into a game I dislike just so I can complain about it to strangers on the internet.
I meant that arguing is causing useless drama. I was trying to defend you :shifty:

You don't seem like a very happy person to be around lol.

For the life of me, I just cannot seem to get "into" this game :(

At this point I'm thinking of shelving it for a while. Maybe it'll have its own RoS Moment eventually....

For the life of me, I just cannot seem to get "into" this game :(

At this point I'm thinking of shelving it for a while. Maybe it'll have its own RoS Moment eventually....
Almost everyone is having that problem since they nerfed everything and then forced them to start over for the season.

Cold Enchanted Elites that attack in quick succession (Ex: Ghost Archers and Snake Brutes) will no longer proc the Cold Enchanted on every hit.

Chilling Wind will spawn overlapping walls less often.

The Stun ability from the Cannibal Gorger can now be more easily avoided.

Increased the cooldown on the Cold Goatman Ice Pillars.

Reduced the amount of Chill applied from the Cold Spider attack.

Reduced the Stun duration from the Nangari Snake Eyes from 1.5 to 1.25 seconds.

The stun from Cannibal Gorger enemies can now be more easily avoided.

Other changes that reduce how often the player can be targeted by Crowd Control

The death explosion from Fire Enchanted monsters releases 1 less wave and deals 20% less damage.

The damage from the Bloated Corpsefiend’s charge attack has been reduced by 14%.

and various bug fixes

Patch notes dropped. TLDR they're nerfing all of the most annoying enemy CC's, which is definitely welcome considering they nerfed player cooldowns last month lol.

Patch notes dropped. TLDR they're nerfing all of the most annoying enemy CC's, which is definitely welcome considering they nerfed player cooldowns last month lol.
And thy aren’t fixing anything. It still takes far too long to level up new characters. Getting the aspects and uniques you need for a build can be almost impossible. You still have to find the same aspect over and over to imprint on new items.

Back