Diablo Immortal

EvilViking

I Drank All Your Beer
Diablo coming to mobile devices. I guess the Nintendo switch may have helped the transition?

I'm interested. Could use a game like this for down time at work

Diablo® Immortal™ is a mobile Massively Multiplayer Online Action RPG(MMOARPG) developed by Blizzard Entertainment in partnership with NetEase, coming exclusively to Android, iPhone and iPad.

https://diabloimmortal.com/en-us/?f...CF_sxIvjF2RcYxN3eR0s0PKRvq-Ji97WRW2d_NlX0m7OQ

Im actually excited for it. Sue me. Blizzcon was not the place to announce it though.

Wasn't expecting a PC version, nice surprise.

Wonder if it'll play like the regular Diablo computer games, or feel cheap or wonky controls?

From a commenter on MMO Champ;

Its not. Diablo Immortal is built using NetEase's Messiah game engine. (This was publically announced relatively early on) I imagine the reason that Blizzard opted to do this rather than use the D3 engine is that Messiah was already optimized for phones. I also have a feeling that a big portion of the actual game development was done by NetEase and not Blizzard but we have no way of knowing the answer to that question.

Edit: Early on there were comparisons made between DI and Crusaders of Light (Another NetEase game). Crusaders is basically a mobile wow clone but its UI and a lot of it features bear many striking similarities to DI. Some have suggested Blizzard just took Crusaders of Light, gutted it, and then used it as a starting point. ()

Got this today on my s22 ultra, looks good, plays OK, eats battery like nothing else when on the highest settings.

Really wish this was on the Nintendo Switch.

I’m playing it on my iPad and I like it.

i was playing the pc beta yesterday. its not bad for a mobile game. but the p2w currency can essentially make you a GOD so we'll see how f2p enjoy it

i was playing the pc beta yesterday. its not bad for a mobile game. but the p2w currency can essentially make you a GOD so we'll see how f2p enjoy it

I'm playing as a wizard...definitely need to level up for that character. Unless you buy your way there...NTY

I know what p2w is. Pay to win? Is that correct?

MT? I don’t know what that means.

He means Micro Transactions. It would be nice if he wouldn't use so many abbreviations. I was just lucky on this one and just happen to know what it stood for.

Speaking only for myself. I do not mind paying for content I enjoy.

Attachments

• are-you-serious-spiderman.gif
    are-you-serious-spiderman.gif
    8.8 MB · Views: 1
Honestly by the 2nd day there were already level 60 players that based on their equipment had already spent hundreds if not more. After the gutwreching feeling of draining my wallet playing Genshin Impact a couple years back...gonna uninstall and move on. I know myself lol, this would be a bad game for me.

Honestly by the 2nd day there were already level 60 players that based on their equipment had already spent hundreds if not more. After the gutwreching feeling of draining my wallet playing Genshin Impact a couple years back...gonna uninstall and move on. I know myself lol, this would be a bad game for me.
Yep, it would be indeed :eek:.

Ok, hot take, I kind of love DI.

Pocket based dungeon crawling? Check.
Excellent graphics and performs well (OnePlus 8 Pro)? Check.
Very Diablo story line? Check.
Loot cycle and cool looking gear? Check.
Free? Check.

I get that if you're a min-maxxer who spends a ton of time on games like this grinding to the best gear it's not great. But I never played any of the Diablos past the end of the first solo story run. That's all Diablo is for me, and this is great Diablo. I mean, LOOK at my first character:

Screenshot_2022-06-10-06-18-30-55_4b7afd39407c450c34cc643ed04bb114.jpg
And I haven't spent a penny.

Imho, plenty of valid, free fun to be had. Paying seems designed for the streamers tbh, not normal players.

Last edited:
I am enjoying it too. Im playing on an iPad Pro (not the M1) and I just discovered that I could BT my XBOX controller. Its nice.

I will say the Shadows/Immortals stuff is not my jam. I won't play enough to stay in I suspect, but I get that there are a lot of kids with free time.

Where are the game modes meant for 39 year old attorneys with families? Lol

I can officially say I am now bored of this game. Didnt get through the main story. Did get to paragon. Too much of the same and too much F2P nerf.

Got to paragon level 30 and I'm done. It was fun at first but after knowing the upgrade path now I just don't wanna do it anymore. Haven't played D3 in years but went back to it. I don't like the feeling that if I would've paid more I would've received better loot.

Considering the enjoyment I got out of this and hours for paying absolutely nothing, I can’t complain. I just want D4 at this point.

Enjoyed the game initially. Hit max level. Did dailies for a week or so. Watched some videos on how bad the P2W was. Haven't played since.

It DID make me wanna pick up PoE or D3, where my loot is the same whether i paid extra money or not.

Bring on D4 (and don't eff it up)

Enjoyed the game initially. Hit max level. Did dailies for a week or so. Watched some videos on how bad the P2W was. Haven't played since.

It DID make me wanna pick up PoE or D3, where my loot is the same whether i paid extra money or not.

Bring on D4 (and don't eff it up)
Given how successful Immortal has been for them I bet they will incorporate similar P2W mechanics into 4. I read they make like over a million a day from all the MT in immortal.

So what is the secret to getting my combat rating up? Is this how they bilk money out of me? I can't participate in the Helliquary raids because combat rating is too low, but nothing I do seems to improve it.

So what is the secret to getting my combat rating up? Is this how they bilk money out of me? I can't participate in the Helliquary raids because combat rating is too low, but nothing I do seems to improve it.

Technically you can get your CR up by leveling up and doing harder content, but initially you will need people ti carry you until your CR is something that is ok. The faster way is to pay, of course.

I stopped playing 2 weeks ago, in stopped being entertaining. It became a circle to get more CR without regards to content.

Sincerity is damned, on the second day, there were level 60 players who, according to their gear, had already paid hundreds, if not more. Genshin Impact cost me a lot of money a few of years ago, so I'm going to delete it and move on like Wilbur Soot Hat's. I know myself haha, this would be a poor game for me.

Last edited:
I wonder whether the controllers will seem flimsy or cheap as in the original Diablo games consoles. the introduction of Tyler the creator-hats is just a crazy hype

Last edited:
Back