Diablo 3 Thread

Sherloc

Gawd
So, couple general questions. Who do you guys wanna play first as in the new Diablo? Is there any reports on possible new hero (5)?

Personally i really wanna try out the Witch Doctor as i had a necro on my old d2 exp account that was possibly the best necro on bnet. 9 poison bone charms (+1 to all pb stats). Arcanes valor near perfect, humunculous, black hand wand, goat helmet for necro i forget the name, 2 soj's (of course), etc. etc.

Hopefully this time they balance the summoner class right, even with all of those items and my ability to summon somthing like 38 monsters i was still mostly a support character until i had killed enough monsters to summon that many.

I really hope they fix the necro, I am like you the necro was my favorite, but I could never bring myself to play him over my other characters because lets be honest, necro was the worst hero. The only way to kill another player was mass bone wall then mass bone spirits, and it never worked on barbs because they would WW out of the wall.

Id have to say amazon for my first character though. Javazon!

Javazon's rocked the cow level : D. And pretty much every other level for that matter : D.

Javazon's rocked the cow level : D. And pretty much every other level for that matter : D.

Javazon + frost nova mage for cow levels.

We used to use that combo (me and 2 otjher friends played eachothers accounts constantly) and we would take a char from lvl 1 to 99 in less than a day. You can literally do a entire cow level in like 2 mins. Just have the sorc get the leg make the level pop in kill some, then leave the game to start getting the leg on the next game so by the time the "levelee" gets there the portal is already up. Man thoose were teh days lol.

I still have dreams...no make that nightmares about meph runs.

i had a necro on my old d2 exp account that was possibly the best necro on bnet. 9 poison bone charms (+1 to all pb stats). Arcanes valor near perfect, humunculous, black hand wand, goat helmet for necro i forget the name, 2 soj's (of course), etc. etc.

Lol, I hope I'm just not picking up on the sarcasm or humor.

lets be honest, necro was the worst hero. The only way to kill another player was mass bone wall then mass bone spirits, and it never worked on barbs because they would WW out of the wall.

Not trying to be a dick, Diablo2 is just srsbsns for me. But, you must be garbage. Necros are quite possibly the best class at taking out Barbarians. (Ok, maybe the 2nd since Paladins are just overpowered)

Keep Bone Armor up at all times, and Bone prison + bone spear, learn it, love it.

we would take a char from lvl 1 to 99 in less than a day.

Literally impossible, took well over 3000 runs to get just from 98-99. Even with Uber Trist (Which is much faster than Cow or Baal) it's impossible.

I honestly haven't been keeping up on the characters for Diablo 3 as I don't want to get too excited this far out. My first character will be a sorceress type class if they have teleport, otherwise I will go with some caster that has a pet (necro, etc)

I honestly haven't been keeping up on the characters for Diablo 3 as I don't want to get too excited this far out. My first character will be a sorceress type class if they have teleport, otherwise I will go with some caster that has a pet (necro, etc)

Um obviously you haven't... Wizard is announced and they do possess teleport.

And when i said i possibly had best necro i was referring to gear dumby...

Um obviously you haven't... Wizard is announced and they do possess teleport.

And when i said i possibly had best necro i was referring to gear dumby...

Nice, I will be playing a Wizard then for magicfinding capabilities.

And your gear was extremely mediocre, "dumby".

The only way to kill another player was mass bone wall then mass bone spirits, and it never worked on barbs because they would WW out of the wall.
Javazon!

:confused: Serious? Barb was the all time easiest to kill as a necro. Iron Maiden + summon a clay golem right in their whirlwind path = dead barb.

Necro was king of everyone except sorcs and amazons, although a dumb amazon was dead meat too.

Of course this was 1.01 (maybe 1.02) days. The new patches that gave the new runewords totally imbalanced the game. Necro became easy for skilled players. Telestomp and iron maiden or telestomp and lower resist.

Lol, I hope I'm just not picking up on the sarcasm or humor.

Not trying to be a dick, Diablo2 is just srsbsns for me. But, you must be garbage. Necros are quite possibly the best class at taking out Barbarians. (Ok, maybe the 2nd since Paladins are just overpowered)

Keep Bone Armor up at all times, and Bone prison + bone spear, learn it, love it.

Literally impossible, took well over 3000 runs to get just from 98-99. Even with Uber Trist (Which is much faster than Cow or Baal) it's impossible.

Maybe we played during a different time but before they nerfd the cow level it was entirely possible to hit 99 quick as shit. I had 1 of each character plus doubles of some others that were 99. Even had a 95+ hardcore paladin.

And when I played noone had necros dude. sorc's, amazons and bugged barbs were the norm. It was serious business for me too; selling occy rings and bugged valors on ebay = srsbsns

Maybe you guys played legit, but when I played clsoed was full of bugged items, and nothing a necro could do was going to kill a bugged out barb.

Im not trying to be a dick but... you sure sound like one for no reason.

Last edited:
Now if they were +1 PB GC's with +40 life that would be another thing...hopefully you had a p. torch too :rolleyes:

Maybe we played during a different time but before they nerfd the cow level it was entirely possible to hit 99 quick as shit. I had 1 of each character plus doubles of some others that were 99. Even had a 95+ hardcore paladin.

And when I played noone had necros dude. sorc's, amazons and bugged barbs were the norm. It was serious business for me too; selling occy rings and bugged valors on ebay = srsbsns

You were part of v1.08 and the beginning of 1.09a...ah those were the days.

They were +1 PB Grand Charms... I don't remember other stats they gave +6 years ago... Think +9 pb gc's in my inventory...

You're definitely lying...

Here is a simple table of leveling times showing diminishing returns in Uber Trist. Keep in mind this is exponentially faster than Cow runs HAVE EVER been (Even in .08 and 09 when you and I both played). I wasn't kidding when I said it took well over 3000 cow runs to get just from 98-99. It's impossible in every sense of the word to do it in one day.
Code:
Level      	Über Tristram leveling time needed 
1-89 	            1 hour 
89-90        	30 minutes 
90-91     	40 minutes 
91-92     	80 minutes 
92-93 	            3 hours 30 minutes 
93-94      	24+ hours 
94-95        	36+ hours 
95-96        	48+ hours 
96-97      	72+ hours 
97-98 	            108+ hours 
98-99 	           162+ hours

Rofl I dont know what else to say to you. Leveling was literally a 1-2 day ordeal for my clan. You would get your m8 to about lvl 95ish and then make them finish the rest on their own time. Everyone had 99's, you wouldnt even pull a char out to pvp unless you were 99. Hell I had 3 97-99 bowazons because I borked the skill points plus my javazon. Thats not even counting all of my other characters. I played alot but there is now way in hell I spent 450 hours getting a char to 99. No way in hell 1-99 took more than a few days dude.

Uber tristam wasnt even in the game until patch 1.11 that was like 2005 dude.

I quit playing the game years before that.

Maybe you guys played legit, but when I played clsoed was full of bugged items, and nothing a necro could do was going to kill a bugged out barb.

Im not trying to be a dick but... you sure sound like one for no reason.

So you were one of those assholes that passed around bugged items. :mad:

And my necro raped face when I played. Was even ranked #1 for awhile on a few of the PVP leagues. Then came auto aim/teleport :mad:

So you were one of those assholes that passed around bugged items. :mad:

And my necro raped face when I played. Was even ranked #1 for awhile on a few of the PVP leagues. Then came auto aim/teleport :mad:

Hey hey hey, dont get mad at me :( All the other cool kids were doing it. I just wanted to get mine!

Monk will probably be my first choice. I was sold with the crazy fast attacks in the gameplay video.

I'm just hoping that Diablo 3 might finally get some people I know off of WOW. It's a terrible plague... and it must be stopped!

I'll probably play the Witchdoctor, he reminds me most of a Necromancer.

Indeed. This is the first and only warning that the shit-talking and arguing about D2 stops here, or the thread dies.

Oh god! Think of the children!

I want more info on the rest of the classes that are going to be released before I make a decision on what I want to play. I assume it's only one more class that they're going to release, but atm i'm leaning towards wizard.

I'm gonna be the baddest wizard around.

Btw I recommend playing Torchlight until diablo III arrives. Torchlight is created by the makers of diablo I and II who are not part of blizzard anymore. The game is great, even has hardcore mode :)

Should only be 5 classes if i'm not mistaken? I do though want to see what the 5th class will be. Monk looks good but i think at low level he'll probably just get wailed on alot if in the middle of a horde.

They don't have a ranged character yet, so 99% sure that will be the 5th. Maybe they'll make it a paladin anyway for kicks :p

They better not make the best items purple and leather caps and such rubbish. My Wizard needs to look badass.

not gonna play unless they bring back necro / paladin, I dont like how the witchdoctor looks

Should only be 5 classes if i'm not mistaken? I do though want to see what the 5th class will be. Monk looks good but i think at low level he'll probably just get wailed on alot if in the middle of a horde.

Fifth class will more than likely use bows. I'm guessing a Ranger/Rogue class. Or It could be a knight.

Def a ranged class but i don't know they've gotta throw a curve at us on this one i bet. And i think the Paladin is a no go as the Monk covers the religous warrior class.

Let's see, we've had an Amazon and a witch doctor... maybe plumed archer? Or conquistador because by the time this game comes out they will be 1000 years in the past.

I'm not liking the selection of characters so far. They really don't have to try to make things too exotic. Simple classes are also fun. The warrior, rogue, and sorcerer were great characters in DIablo 1. The Barbarian is cool but how about a knight or something. The current set of characters also takes away that dark feeling. It's supposed to be more of a medieval/gothic atmosphere and the witch doctor and Asian wizard woman feel out of place here- the Barbarian as well. The monk does seem to fit in though.

Read the books, it's sancutary a place created by one of the fallen archangels and baal's sister. They knocked boots to create the people if remember correctly.

Last edited:
I'll be rolling Witchdoctor. When I put my time in D2 I had a tricked out Summon Necro with all the bells and whistles. I'd roll into public cow runs and summon 120+ skeletons and minions and lag the shit out of everyone, hence the name Lag_OfHell.

Good times before they nerfed the amount of stuff I could summon but I stopped playing seriously before that patch hit.

I'm just praying they do go to "soul bound" loot and make things more on rails like WoW. I liked the craziness of D2.

My fav chars were:

Sorc with max Light mastery, enchant, and some in to fire mastery. Dual dream setup. Beast with 6 shael phase on switch. Buff up, go bear form, WHAM 50k dmg per swing at uber swing speed. Also had a zeal sword for general leveling and a widowmaker for kicks. Act 2 holy freeze merc with Infinity. She could kill the ubers in seconds.

There will NEVER be anything like that in WoW. A character built from the ground up around the items and filling a very small but cool niche.

Second fav char was a smiter. I dunno, they were just always fun.

Back in 1.09 and earlier I was always a bowzon. Had a dagger with amp damage on switch with a storm shield. Fire a volley out of my cruel ward bow of quickness with two shaels in it and weapon swap so the amp damage would proc and so I cold block incoming attacks.

The ingenuity allowed is what made the game fun for me. Hairball builds. WoW is too predefined and on rails and you cant swap gear around with that soulbound bullshit.

Very nice indeed. I'm intrigued by the wall of zombies that the witch doc can summon instead of just containing the enemy it acts like a impenetrable wall of flame. Maybe they'll have a zombie prison : D

Last edited:
I'm just praying they do go to "soul bound" loot and make things more on rails like WoW. I liked the craziness of D2.

Though I don't *think* loot will be soulbound, the new system will probably disappoint you anyway. All the loot you see drop on the floor will be yours, independent from other people's drops. So we're not gonna see the fastest clickers get the loot anymore lol.

Though I don't *think* loot will be soulbound, the new system will probably disappoint you anyway. All the loot you see drop on the floor will be yours, independent from other people's drops. So we're not gonna see the fastest clickers get the loot anymore lol.

That actually sounds good, no more pickit bots grabbin the runes before I see them. Just hope they have the ol creative D2 teams making the crayz items, not those WoW scrubs.

Back