Diablo 3: Gamer Decisions In Actuality

In a year from now, all these whiners are gonna look like those Edison's animal electrocuting witch hunters.

Uh, I'm buying it because I loved diablo 2.....

+1 to the first response. I've not read reviews, or done any research on it except heard people complain about only being able to play with connected online...or something to that effect. This doesn't concern nor bother me. They have my $60.

+1 to the first response. I've not read reviews, or done any research on it except heard people complain about only being able to play with connected online...or something to that effect. This doesn't concern nor bother me. They have my $60.

Don't buy it just because Diablo 2 was good, the games don't even have any of the same developers working on them.

Wasn't part or most of the key people from D1/D2 responsible for the disaster that was Hellgate: London? If so, that might be a + for D3 :D

Yes, don't buy it from Blizzard, everyone knows they usually put out crap.

There are more Blizzard games I dislike than I like, WH40k... err SC/SC2 being good examples. Didn't like LoD, WoW, WC3 :eek:

Diablo 1-2 were pretty good, though.

I've liked everything they've put out except for WC3. Shoot, how many people actually even knew Diablo 1 had an expansion, Hellfire? Monk ftw!

That's it? Lol, I was waiting for you to hit me with something good. :p

It didn't feel the same as Diablo 2. It felt rushed.

I wish I could heap praise on Blizzard, I just don't think they deserve it as much as you fans do.

I've liked everything they've put out except for WC3. Shoot, how many people actually even knew Diablo 1 had an expansion, Hellfire? Monk ftw!

My favorite Blizzard title is Diablo 1, Hellfire was good too, but not made by Blizzard. It's one of the reasons I will be starting as a monk in D3.

I'm laughing at some of the comments here and frowning at the other belittling comments tossed about like adolescents in a hostile food fight. It's like a bunch of children in a toy store all on the floor yelling and screaming because their mommies wouldn't buy them a toy they wanted with all the optional accessories to go with it.

I loved the Diablo series and have more hours invested playing it than the top 4 games I play now. If Diablo 3 is as good as previous incarnations then I'll buy it. If not, then I won't buy it. Simple as that.

A modified version of an old saying comes to mind:

"A game company can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time."

To me, there are 3 groups of people who are bitching

1) The people that wouldn't buy it anyways but have some ideology
2) The people that will buy it anyways but the bitching is really in reference to spending the $60.
3) The people that planned on using this issue as an excuse to pirate it.

I honestly think the group that "I planned on buying it but now I won't because of X" is so small...it is not worth factoring in.

For me this is not like DNF; waited forever and we all knew it would be a letdown. At least with d3 we know it's going to be good despite that it's taking forevar! Was there ever any question of whether or not I would get this game? Hell noes!

"He" most likely has played a lot more, and knows a lot more diablo than you do. But that is not the discussion.
If you say so.

Who cares if a guide described how to do a build an idiot could figure out. Those builds I listed were only the ones I could remember off the top of my head. I have done many, upon many builds using the most obscure builds, a max DR, max block melee sorc is among them. Sure a guide may have described how to do it, but that does not make it cookie cutter.
As usual, you have failed to comprehend.

Don't buy it just because Diablo 2 was good, the games don't even have any of the same developers working on them.

Blizzard makes very well polished games. Sometimes they don't have the leading design teams on graphics or the like, but as far a quality games, including aspects such as imaging, coding, tech support and updates, not one company comes to mind that rivals them.

If you didn't like their other games, then they simply weren't you genre or you're nit picking the small things, they were still some best titles that were ever released. Wish I could say the same for companies like EA that stop supporting titles 9 months after their release...

It doesn't matter if the developer team is new for D3, if anything that would be better since you don't want D2 with a new skin. D1 was different then D2, and I hope that D3 carries similar trends, but also bring new stuff to the table.

+1 to buying it and I don't give a shit about online only, or DRM. Its never got in the way for me, and I'm never not online. Blizzard will get my cash monies day one, I will sleep like a baby and simply relax and enjoy the video game.

To me, there are 3 groups of people who are bitching

1) The people that wouldn't buy it anyways but have some ideology
2) The people that will buy it anyways but the bitching is really in reference to spending the $60.
3) The people that planned on using this issue as an excuse to pirate it.

I honestly think the group that "I planned on buying it but now I won't because of X" is so small...it is not worth factoring in.

How coincidental, to me there are three kinds of people claiming it is a day one purchases.

1) The I don't care about the erosion of game features cause it don't effect them yet crowd.
2) The fanatical apologists, Blizzard is holy, crowd.
3) The I liked D2, and somehow expect that D3 will be the same with better graphics regardless of what Blizzard says, or history has taught us as of late regarding sequels, crowd.

I don't really feel that way, but lumping people into three groups that suit one's own agenda is just too easy.

Meh, you like the game as is, and are indifferent to, the erosion of game features, and the DRM, and you buy, or you don't accept these things about the game and walk away. There, I even brought it down to just two groups. :D
Keeping it simple since the 60's:cool:

What features are being eroded? Is the ability to play offline SP being billed as a feature? Because outside of that I don't see it.

Love the comic. I also like how some people have already given up their crusade, most likely because they came to the same realization as the comic.

What features are being eroded? Is the ability to play offline SP being billed as a feature? Because outside of that I don't see it.

Offline SP is a standard feature, kind of like the gas cap on an ICE automobile. Yeah, you can drive without it, but who would really want to? Last time I checked, gas caps, like offline SP, play were not typically advertised. Common sense should not have to be advertised. LAN used to be a standard feature, but now not so much. I call that an erosion of features.

Are we pretending it should have to be advertised to be expected?

Offline SP is a standard feature, kind of like the gas cap on an ICE automobile. Yeah, you can drive without it, but who would really want to? Last time I checked, gas caps, like offline SP, play were not typically advertised. Common sense should not have to be advertised. LAN used to be a standard feature, but now not so much. I call that an erosion of features.

Are we pretending it should have to be advertised to be expected?

So would you bitch when your Nissan Leaf didn't have a gas cap?!? Its a standard feature, things never change! You wouldn't because its electric.

This is a multiplayer game, it doesn't require offline SP as a standard feature.

Love the comic. I also like how some people have already given up their crusade, most likely because they came to the same realization as the comic.

I don't care about the always online crap because, well, I'm always online. I think something that people should consider is that some people don't have internet or cannot constantly be online. Penny-Arcade picked one scenario (the big fat neckbeard who never leaves his computer) so they could insult many users who wish to play Diablo 3 but possibly can't. What if they had wrote a comic about a man who could not play Diablo 3 because he travels a lot or did not have the funds for internet because of a recent move or economic trouble.

Does the always online thing really effect most people? Nope.

Should we take into account that there are still people it will effect? Yes.

I don't care about the always online crap because, well, I'm always online. I think something that people should consider is that some people don't have internet or cannot constantly be online. Penny-Arcade picked one scenario (the big fat neckbeard who never leaves his computer) so they could insult many users who wish to play Diablo 3 but possibly can't. What if they had wrote a comic about a man who could not play Diablo 3 because he travels a lot or did not have the funds for internet because of a recent move or economic trouble.

Does the always online thing really effect most people? Nope.

Should we take into account that there are still people it will effect? Yes.

One of the perfect types of games for traveling is a hack and slash.

Back