Diablo 3: Gamer Decisions In Actuality

Slachtbeest

Limp Gawd
I've seen this too often, only for those who claim such to turn-tail on their own decision in the end, after spouting a whole hell of a lot of "not buying a game" for what ever reasons.

Money where your mouth is... but don't just vote knowing that no one will ever know. Be honest with yourself. It's, you know, one of those "psychological things".

For all those who've now claimed they're so angry and fed-up with actions such as what Blizzard are taking, that they're no longer going to be buying Diablo 3, how many are actually going to follow-through on their word? How many will just cave in the end?

I, my wife and my sister have all firmly decided to not buy it, and just play Torchlight 2. We all hope more people do the same. We don't go back on such decisions.

A man (or woman) only has/is only as good as their word. How many of you are?

Note: this thread is not to "attack" or "flame", but simply to see who's truly honest, as there have been more people here over the years that ended up going back on their tirades after writing post after post after post, that all it does is waste forum space and pollutes my damn eyeballs.

1) Yes, you will stand by your word and absolutely not be buying Diablo 3.
2) No, you will probably end-up caving in the end and going against all the ranting you did on these boards.

I have not bought a single game I railed against, my Steam list can be checked to verify :p

I am still waiting to find out how exactly bad Diablo 3 is before making a decision, I'm leaning towards not buying it if all it ends up being is Diablo 2 with a facelift and microtransactions.

Do not want.

Buying the shit out of this day 1.

Haters gonna hate, but it is going to be slick as shit and everyone will cave and buy it.

A man (or woman) only has/is only as good as their word. How many of you are?

Holy crap, sense of perspective much? Its a few changes to a video game. They aren't drafting your children to fight in a foreign war you don't agree with or confiscating your property.

Holy crap, sense of perspective much? Its a few changes to a video game. They aren't drafting your children to fight in a foreign war you don't agree with or confiscating your property.

You stand for something or you stand for nothing.

Yes, and what you chose to stand for speaks volumes. Going all Revolutionary War over a few changes to some pixels on your screen would indicate a bit of shallowness, IMO.

Yes, and what you chose to stand for speaks volumes. Going all Revolutionary War over a few changes to some pixels on your screen would indicate a bit of shallowness, IMO.

Not when it costs $60 and is one of the biggest games to come out in gaming history.

If you're a consumer and you don't like a product, why would you ever stand there and not do nothing? You NEED to be heard and speak loudly by voting with your wallet and participating in forums such as this to see if others share your views.

That's called being an informed consumer.

I wonder if I could slap Diablo 3 on a box and shit in it, and I wonder if it would sell? I mean, since of course, uninformed consumers would be better, right?

I have yet to buy a game I've felt that the publishers have sold out or short changed the pc community. D3 is a game that I was highly looking forward to buthave grown considerably cold towards the last couple days. I will wait and see how they implement the changes and if I disagree with those changes then I shall remain content playing some new fallout mods, SW:ToR, GW2, Torchlight 2, Skyrim, or any number of other games coming out.

You stand for something or you stand for nothing.

And though I stand for nothing, I will fall for anything.

I'll probably buy it, because I think it will be better than Diablo 2 (which I thought was OK, but not great). The last time Blizzard got my money was LoD. I guess I'm just not really a fan of their work that much. I'll be waiting on user reviews, though.

Of Diablo 3, I like what I've seen so far aside from online only singleplayer and no triple screen option.

There is being an informed consumer, and the constant shitstorm on these forums over ever AAA game being made being a crime against humanity. Every idiotic molehill is made out to be Mt Everest and frankly it's tiring.

There is being an informed consumer, and the constant shitstorm on these forums over ever AAA game being made being a crime against humanity. Every idiotic molehill is made out to be Mt Everest and frankly it's tiring.

So nobody should complain?

I should get in line and bend over with everyone else then.

I still dont own CODMW2 Blackops or starcraft 2. Honestly when starcraft 2 came out I refused to buy it when I found out the games will be netted out in episode format. I know that its been kinda clarified that the game is pretty long in its own right but now I have too many other things to play and StarCraft 2 just isnt on my current to do list.

Ill buy StarCraft 2 StarCraft 2 1/2, Starcraft 33 1/3 and Diablo 3: The Great Microtransaction when they cost $5 for the collection.

If you feel that buying a fun game that doesn't have every single feature you wish you had in it is "bending over," then yes.

Exactly. This is just a variation on the "PC Gaming is Dead" meme done with every single feature ever to have come and gone into existence. FoV, Vsync, Eyefinity, PhysX, surround sound, dedicated servers, etc.

Oh noes, no native Eyefinity support in an isometric game with forced perspective! A totally optional microtransaction system! Online all the time in a de-facto MMORPG, what will I do when I am on an airplane!?

The fact that the online-only thing isn't even for DRM purposes but actually to make the game better is the worst bitching of all. Diablo 3 = Guild Wars, basically.

I'll just echo what I said in the other thread:

I don't have eyefinity, wasn't planning on playing D3 offline, don't buy virtual items, never was interested in Diablo mods, so why should I boycott this game?

you either have fun or you don't with the game
no game is perfect and no game will ever be perfect as long as it's human made
i will be purchasing this game and most likely have blast farming/doing arena with my friends

I'll just echo what I said in the other thread:

Nobody is saying you should boycott anything, playa on, playa on.

It's just that people who do not like the fact that features they want are being left out or the features it's being shipped with are not to their liking, then yeah boycott, wait for reduced price, or simply do not buy.

! Online all the time in a de-facto MMORPG, what will I do when I am on an airplane!?

The fact that the online-only thing isn't even for DRM purposes but actually to make the game better is the worst bitching of all. Diablo 3 = Guild Wars, basically.

If you're playing single player, how does being online make it better? Also, how is it a de-facto MMORPG?

If I don't like something I don't buy it, if I like something I'll buy it eventually. I make my buying decisions no more complicated than that. I hate the idea of "boycotting" games because boycotts by gamers are hilarious and stupid due to the way most gamers act. Some of Blizzard's decisions annoy me, but not enough for me to say I won't buy Diablo 3. I don't know if I'll buy it day one though. That is a decision I will make closer to release.

On the other hand, Ubisoft doing the always one crap with Driver: SF has pushed me away from the game because I was already on the fence and didn't know if I'd buy it or not. So Ubi's choice pushed me to one side.

Yes since your SP character is your MP character as well. There doesn't seem to be any real separation between the two other than the amount of players.

I mean, can you access the auction house when you're in a private, SP game?

News at 11, gaming subforum of a tech site has opinionated people sometimes actually discussing their opinions! We're not on this forum to discuss the debt crisis or global warming, so why are you surprised when people are sharing their thoughts, positive or negative, about this when it's a relevant topic on the forum? Just because people discuss it passionately here doesn't mean that the topic is as important as, say, finding a cure for AIDs. :rolleyes:

Too many people put stock in the fodder that is published on the internet...it's like you people think you're hurting a multi-million dollar company because of your cry baby tendencies.

Instead of crying about how you're not gonna buy a game, go make your fucking own and come back and tell us how that goes.

The fact that the online-only thing isn't even for DRM purposes but actually to make the game better is the worst bitching of all.

Bullshit. How does online-only make the game better?

Remove head from ass and try to look at the big picture. The more we support games that do this kind of thing, the more often it's going to pop up. That's my concern, and why I am willing to try to make a point about being against this kind of anti-consumer practice.

If I'm going to be renting the damn game, then the price needs to reflect that.

Too many people put stock in the fodder that is published on the internet...it's like you people think you're hurting a multi-million dollar company because of your cry baby tendencies.

Instead of crying about how you're not gonna buy a game, go make your fucking own and come back and tell us how that goes.

Riiight, because only developers can have opinions.

Remove head from ass, troll.

Nobody talks about hurting a game company, we simply talk about voting with our wallets.

I will buy it, as I enjoyed the series and as of today have no issues with any of the decisions made.

After I purchase, play and assess the game; If decide that the features are not to my liking, then I will not offer any future support for any method of similiar implementation.

I prefer to form my own opinion about things that i've previously enjoyed.

Nobody talks about hurting a game company, we simply talk about voting with our wallets.

Exactly. The more we see stuff like this pop up in our games, the more we need to say, "Hey, wait a minute, this is not acceptable. This is an anti-consumer business practice." How much are we willing to tolerate before it becomes acceptable?

Exactly. The more we see stuff like this pop up in our games, the more we need to say, "Hey, wait a minute, this is not acceptable. This is an anti-consumer business practice." How much are we willing to tolerate before it becomes acceptable?

It's already become tolerated and acceptable by the vast majority.

It's holdouts like me, you, and a few others who are told by the SHEEPLE, of all things, to shut up, get in line and bend over.

It's crazy man. If we say nothing, then who will say something?

You may speak, but those you address will not listen.

Blizzard, contrary to popular belief, does take community considerations into account.

Though, if you do not support them or play their game and openly bad-mouth them; you likely won't be considered part of the community.

What seems a more successful vehicle for change?

1,000,000 customers buying a game expecting a level of service, receiving something other, and speaking up.

or

1,500 people openly boycotting and refusing to buy a game without attempting the newley implemented system.

Only listening to paying customers is a good way of not getting new ones.

Agreed, a company that won't listen to it's customers is likely to fail.

If sales are NOT what they expected, then they WILL notice, and try to find out why.

But really, with a game like Diablo 3, that's a nearly impossible scenario almost no matter how draconian they make it.

You'd have to get punched in the balls repeatedly by the sales associate as part of the terms of your purchase to have second thoughts about buying the game.

I'm torn, seriously. My gut instinct is "I've got a whole pile of games I haven't played, and avoiding the ones that piss me off doesn't bother me in the end", but I do love diablo.

I may do what I did with wings of prey - wait for it to be a $5 special :D

I'm torn, seriously. My gut instinct is "I've got a whole pile of games I haven't played, and avoiding the ones that piss me off doesn't bother me in the end", but I do love diablo.

I may do what I did with wings of prey - wait for it to be a $5 special :D

I'm game for that. IMHO, restrictive DRM and infringing on consumer fair use rights essentially means I'm renting the game, not buying it. I'm fine with that if the price reflects that. If it goes on sale for $5 or $10, I'll jump on that price. But full price for a game and then you're gonna control when I can and can't play it? Nope. Not gonna happen.

You should absolutely complain, but you should also have a sense of perspective regarding the size and shape of the shit you're complaining about. Legitimizing microtransactions and forcing you to be online to play D3 is far from the worst things they could have done. If Blizzard was to announce the Xbox 360 and PS3 and FUCK FORBID Wii versions of Diablo 3 tomorrow, then I'd be right there with you not buying D3. But as it stands, they are removing stuff that I don't give a fuck about.

Back