Diablo 3: Gamer Decisions In Actuality

Fail when you buy Diablo 3 add me to your friends list so we can play when your online (99% of the time). If your post count/ratio tells me anything it tells me your just looking for something to bitch about. Esspecially with lovely quotes as "Keep swallowing".

If Blizzard had made it to where you have 2 different characters one for online and one for offline you know damn well no one would play that offline toon. Like was mentioned earlier taking everything into consideration I understand why they did what they did and it makes sense to me.

Granted I'm just going to play the game and enjoy it rather than be bitter and cry when your going to buy it anyway.

We have been playing offline games for YEARS untill broadband became more and more apparent and readily available.

Now that a good majority of the US has it, there still is no good reason for omitting single player options.

Not everyone wants to get on battle.net and join a multiplayer game.

Some people want to go through the game alone for the challenge, others just want to loot whore for themselves. Still others just like playing alone.

What's wrong with that?

I have yet to hear a single valid reason for NOT having offline single player other than "Blizzard doesn't want it" which has nothing to do with what gamers want.

I agree with most of what you stated here. I could care less about D3 MP. Diablo series has mostly been about me vs the game single player. Did some gaming online with friends but not much. I could care less about battlenet. That said. Ultimately it's Blizz's game. If they want to make us connect to Bnet to play a SP game, fine, sucks but it's not a big deal to me. I'll still buy the game and likely love it.

Nothing wrong with what you want Fail. However that ain't happening so either get over it or don't by the game.

It's not Blizzard's fault if my internet connection goes down. As I've stated before, I do not have a problem with that as there are plenty of games in my library to keep me occupied / entertained until my internet connection is restored. My life doesn't revolve around one single game as it seems to be the case with others.

That still keeps you from playing a game that YOU BOUGHT AND PAID FOR when YOU want to play it.

I will buy it. I might even go out and buy multiple copies, then burn them. Just to make sure Blizzard gets even more money for making what is likely to be one hell of a game.

That still keeps you from playing a game that YOU BOUGHT AND PAID FOR when YOU want to play it.

that YOU knew it needed internet connection for when you bought it... big deal... quit living on a plane without wifi or in a car without 3/4G wifi if it's that big of a problem. (not saying you gave those examples earlier, but someone did)

it's gonna be a fun game irregardless, as is sc2 and I've never played that one in 'offline' mode... or needed to for that matter.

I will buy it. I might even go out and buy multiple copies, then burn them. Just to make sure Blizzard gets even more money for making what is likely to be one hell of a game.

"I'll show you guys!!!" *throws money at giant capitalist corporation*

Buying this day 1

The actions Blizzard have taken don't bother me enough to not play it. People just like crying on the internet.

It's not Blizzard's fault if my internet connection goes down. As I've stated before, I do not have a problem with that as there are plenty of games in my library to keep me occupied / entertained until my internet connection is restored. My life doesn't revolve around one single game as it seems to be the case with others.

In many cases its about a precedent being set. What happens when Ubisoft start thinking they dont need to provide an offline mode for.... oh wait, they already think they dont need to provide an offline mode :p Then when EA starts doing it, then when Activision starts doing it, then when steam gets rid of its offline mode, all of a sudden you dont have a long list of games that you can play offline anymore.

I'm not gonna lose any sleep from D3 not having an offline mode, nor am I going to lose any sleep from not buying it. But I'm still not happy happy joy joy about games which could potentially have offline modes being released without any offline mode.

In many cases its about a precedent being set. What happens when Ubisoft start thinking they dont need to provide an offline mode for.... oh wait, they already think they dont need to provide an offline mode :p Then when EA starts doing it, then when Activision starts doing it, then when steam gets rid of its offline mode, all of a sudden you dont have a long list of games that you can play offline anymore.

I'm not gonna lose any sleep from D3 not having an offline mode, nor am I going to lose any sleep from not buying it. But I'm still not happy happy joy joy about games which could potentially have offline modes being released without any offline mode.

That's a constant in threads like this

The same people who say "get over it" are incapable of seeing the big picture, I guess it's hard to see it when they have you bent over.

I dont see what the big deal is. You buy the game and have fun. Game isnt fun, dont buy it.

Did people make this big of a deal when Quake went from having a fully fleshed out single player campaign (1, 2), to nothing at all (3)?

I guess all those people that bought Quake 3 just love BENDING OVER.

That's a constant in threads like this

The same people who say "get over it" are incapable of seeing the big picture, I guess it's hard to see it when they have you bent over.

They came for our dedicated servers, then they came for LAN, then they chopped a full game into 3 or 4 parts sold one part for $60 and called the rest of the game DLC and sold it for $15 a pop, then they demanded we be online at all times even for SP play.

I am wondering what is next, and what excuses the apologists will use.

But, you're BENDING OVER!!! sorry, those are the only words I can think of.

It's not bending over to people that don't give a shit about the complaints in this thread. Buy it or don't. If you have beef with some of the aspects of this game, simply don't buy it. Blizzard will continue to sell the game and life will go on. For those that will be purchasing it, I'll see you on US West. :D

They came for our dedicated servers, then they came for LAN, then they chopped a full game into 3 or 4 parts sold one part for $60 and called the rest of the game DLC and sold it for $15 a pop, then they demanded we be online at all times even for SP play.

Exactly.

People don't mind bending over and getting raped these days.

Makes me shudder for the future.

Don't like the direction of gaming or PC gaming for that matter? Pick a new form of entertainment.

Oh man, never noticed Fail played LoL, so that explains why he's irrationally angry all the time.

If people don't vote with their wallet then companies will continue doing things in their own best interest and not in yours (the consumer).

Name one company who runs things in the best interest of the consumer and says "fuck it" for their own interests.

On another note, why is everyone who is anti-D3 or anti-online only so fixated on rape? Had a few bad experiences in the past?

Fail when you buy Diablo 3 add me to your friends list so we can play when your online (99% of the time). If your post count/ratio tells me anything it tells me your just looking for something to bitch about. Esspecially with lovely quotes as "Keep swallowing".

If Blizzard had made it to where you have 2 different characters one for online and one for offline you know damn well no one would play that offline toon. Like was mentioned earlier taking everything into consideration I understand why they did what they did and it makes sense to me.

Sorry but I don't want to put up with every fucking noob online, I very rarely played Diablo online, and so did many others. We do not feel the need to put up with spam, and every other damn trait that is associated with 'online'.

Fail summed it up nicely;

Keep swallowing.

Sorry but I don't want to put up with every fucking noob online, I very rarely played Diablo online, and so did many others. We do not feel the need to put up with spam, and every other damn trait that is associated with 'online'.

Keep swallowing.

Lol your an idiot. How many times must it be said? It has your single player experience big guy, bitch about something that makes sense. Simply start a new game and an option comes up asking "Play a Regular game or Play with Others" people like you are going to choose play a regular game. You can still use the Auction House and drops are still reliant on blizzard servers and not the local host.

Really the only people that should be complaining are people without the internet (Let's face it, that market segment is basically 0 %). If your internet goes out more than once a week then that's your problem not Blizzard's. I hear NetZero dial up is free.

Last edited:
Can't wait to play!! I wish they would give out a release date so i can plan my vacations accordingly!

Lol your an idiot. How many times must it be said? It has your single player experience big guy, bitch about something that makes sense. Simply start a new game and an option comes up asking "Play a Regular game or Play with Others" people like you are going to choose play a regular game. You can still use the Auction House and drops are still reliant on blizzard servers and not the local host.

I dont know... saying someone is an idiot can sometimes display youR own idiocy. I surely would never tell you that you'RE an idiot :p

Really the only people that should be complaining are people without the internet (Let's face it, that market segment is basically 0 %). If your internet goes out more than once a week then that's your problem not Blizzard's. I hear NetZero dial up is free.

I dont think this is a valid argument. Its the GAMERS' problem therefore it SHOULD be the developer/publishers' problem. When TW2 in Australia was struck by censorship and price fixing CDProjekt didn't say "well fuck, that's your problem guys, you should all just move away from Australia", they made a reasonably good effort to sovle the problem and I now have great respect for them. Its also a selfish thing to say "its the gamer's problem"... just because you have good reliable internet doesn't mean its possible or logical for everyone else to have it.

For people living in low price share accomodation while studying, do they really have an option? Are they going to quit study because they need an internet connection to game? Maybe they should just quit gaming and take up other hobbies simply because they can't afford internet? That just sounds like a stupid argument to me. What about people living on aboriginal communities helping out the population, getting paid fuck all and with dodgy internet connections, they're just supposed to give up gaming as a hobby because they decided to help the community in a way that meant they had bad internet? That again is a stupid argument.

Everyone's just supposed to move house and/or pay more for internet on what should be a cheap hobby?

Of course now I'm talking about gaming in general and the trend toward online-only... as I said earlier in this thread when it comes to D3 I dont really care anymore, I can live without it, I just dont like unnecessary precedents being set.

Not only will I buy it, I'll take off work to play it as well. I don't care if they require a connection to the internet to play, I have one, and if I don't, i'll tether my phone. It's everyone's choice whether or not they want to purchase it, And I'm certainly not going to try to sway those people... Because, for one I loved the first and second games of (Diablo) and a lot of other people did too. A majority of people are picking it up just for that reason. I plan on enjoying the third regardless of what people are boycotting/protesting against it.

I dont know... saying someone is an idiot can sometimes display youR own idiocy. I surely would never tell you that you'RE an idiot :p

I dont think this is a valid argument. Its the GAMERS' problem therefore it SHOULD be the developer/publishers' problem. When TW2 in Australia was struck by censorship and price fixing CDProjekt didn't say "well fuck, that's your problem guys, you should all just move away from Australia", they made a reasonably good effort to sovle the problem and I now have great respect for them. Its also a selfish thing to say "its the gamer's problem"... just because you have good reliable internet doesn't mean its possible or logical for everyone else to have it.

For people living in low price share accomodation while studying, do they really have an option? Are they going to quit study because they need an internet connection to game? Maybe they should just quit gaming and take up other hobbies simply because they can't afford internet? That just sounds like a stupid argument to me. What about people living on aboriginal communities helping out the population, getting paid fuck all and with dodgy internet connections, they're just supposed to give up gaming as a hobby because they decided to help the community in a way that meant they had bad internet? That again is a stupid argument.

Everyone's just supposed to move house and/or pay more for internet on what should be a cheap hobby?

Of course now I'm talking about gaming in general and the trend toward online-only... as I said earlier in this thread when it comes to D3 I dont really care anymore, I can live without it, I just dont like unnecessary precedents being set.

grammar nazi ;)

Fail and Crying (perfect names) are the ones bitching and they don't even know what they are talking about. They bring insults to an argument without even looking at the broad picture.

Your point is valid in the sense that those 0.01 percent are going to be screwed but because they lose out the other 99.99 % are going to have hack free dedicated support with a booming economy. I would much rather have hack free game play than to cater to people who live in the extreme as you mentioned. If they got exactly what they are asking for you would have rampant cheating online and hundreds of websites selling fake purples, etc. So yea, Blizzard is trying control in that aspect which the vast majority are perfectly fine with. The vast majority just want a solid game and Blizzard always delivers, if people wish to bitch about it they should probably just go cry in a corner because Blizzard is not going to cater to them.

If I was a gambling man I would bet 1/2 or more of the people complaining buy the game anyway. It's Diablo III, might as well give it GOTY now and be done with it.

I think the percentage of those without reliable internet is far above 0.01%, a significant portion of my gaming friends dont have reliable enough connections to play online games without lag and drop outs and I live in an outer suburb of a capital city in Australia. Up until 6 months ago I myself had very unreliable internet living in shared accomodation in a not-so-outer suburb of a capital (it wasn't inner, but it wasn't all that outer either, lol) and could not afford to move house to fix it. The only reason I have good internet now is I moved back in with my parents at age 25, lol,

If you took a poll of the [H] community, sure, maybe 1 to 5% have crap internet, but I maintain that [H] is not a good cross section of the wider gamer community, it only represents the enthusiasts.

Did people make this big of a deal when Quake went from having a fully fleshed out single player campaign (1, 2), to nothing at all (3)?

I could still play Q3 offline. I spent most of my time playing it offline or at LAN parties since 14.4kbs dialup was all that was available.

ahh, as with any game, the answer is more likely to be 2..

also, online is always better.

Actually...

;)

Yea, I thought Q3 wasn't very good. That isn't to say Q2 had a worthwhile single player mode, at all.

Keep swallowing.

Do you have any friends interested in D3? Ill be playing D3 with friends. I agree that pubs are bad. However that is true for EVERY game out there. There are good players in pubs and there are the bad. I have played alot of D2 online and I would say 95% of the games where fine. Its not like this game is hard lol.

Do you have any friends interested in D3? Ill be playing D3 with friends. I agree that pubs are bad. However that is true for EVERY game out there. There are good players in pubs and there are the bad. I have played alot of D2 online and I would say 95% of the games where fine. Its not like this game is hard lol.

Strangely enough, most of my friends who used to play games like this have switched over to FPS exclusively, and I don't know why. I'll probably end up spending 5-10% of my time in D3 multiplayer at most, unless I find it to be moar awsem than I think it will be.

Unlike the D2 purists, I'm actually looking forward to most of the changes. I'm fine with the graphics, fine with the removal of potion chugging, stat removal doesn't HAVe to be a bad thing, not worried about a ranbow in the background art. The only thing that bothers me even a little bit is not having offline.

I also hope the difficulty can be scaled to the absurd. I'm not here to pick flowers.

I'm hoping it'll at least be more difficult than D2 in Hell difficulty. The dev said D3's Hell mode will kick our asses. He also mentioned that that in D2, potion chuggin and TP made it to where you never felt too threatened hence why they've been removed. It gives me a little bit of confidence in that regard.

Back