Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I've been debating on playing this season or not. Played just enough last season to finish a good chunk of the journey and then stopped.

Getting burned out on D3...

Granted, I wouldn't mind seeing if I can go past GR105 solo. Did that a couple seasons back...

Decided to roll a hardcore Wizard to change it up and only do solo. Spent a bunch of time leveling 1-70. Had some decent drops along the way, including a Manald Heal as my first one which was a huge bonus. I was up around paragon 40 farming T1 without issue so I bumped it to T2. First rift I open is a graveyard rift and I almost immediately get gangbanged. Turns out I put on the wrong skill and never had my cheat death passive. RIP. Had a new Wizard power leveled, but will be continuing doing solo. It sucks that I lost some decent gear, plus I was hoarding my gems on me and didn't put any in my stash. Looks like I'll be running master or lower for a while...

Decided to roll a hardcore Wizard to change it up and only do solo. Spent a bunch of time leveling 1-70. Had some decent drops along the way, including a Manald Heal as my first one which was a huge bonus. I was up around paragon 40 farming T1 without issue so I bumped it to T2. First rift I open is a graveyard rift and I almost immediately get gangbanged. Turns out I put on the wrong skill and never had my cheat death passive. RIP. Had a new Wizard power leveled, but will be continuing doing solo. It sucks that I lost some decent gear, plus I was hoarding my gems on me and didn't put any in my stash. Looks like I'll be running master or lower for a while...

Yep, hardcore is a different beast in how you play. This season, I decided to start SC, and amazed at exactly how much faster you can hit level 70 when you don't have to worry about dying. Though, I was really impressed that an HC player managed to complete a grift 75 this season before any SC player. Now that's skill.

Yep, hardcore is a different beast in how you play. This season, I decided to start SC, and amazed at exactly how much faster you can hit level 70 when you don't have to worry about dying. Though, I was really impressed that an HC player managed to complete a grift 75 this season before any SC player. Now that's skill.
Yeah some of the HC guys are insane and I don't really understand how they do it. Speaking of conquests this season... I generally just run rifts from 1-70. It usually takes me 3.5 hours or so. This season while I was in the high 50s someone got the conquest for doing a T10 rift in under 2 minutes. I was in utter shock. I know there are faster ways to level, but god damn doing a T10 under 2 minutes somewhere around three hour mark is insane.

Yeah some of the HC guys are insane and I don't really understand how they do it. Speaking of conquests this season... I generally just run rifts from 1-70. It usually takes me 3.5 hours or so. This season while I was in the high 50s someone got the conquest for doing a T10 rift in under 2 minutes. I was in utter shock. I know there are faster ways to level, but god damn doing a T10 under 2 minutes somewhere around three hour mark is insane.

In softcore, it takes about an hour to go from 1->70 if you know what you're doing. Group massacre bonuses, high difficulty, and farming easy cursed chests. For example, you can do T3 Cursed Peat easily which is the equivalent of doing Master Fields of Misery. And you get like 4x the experience, so now throw in a massacre bonus, and it skyrockets.

But the softcore group is a well known European group that focuses on completing all the SC conquests on every server. Basically, they dump gear to one player. So, if you're in a group of 4, all of the same class, and focus on leveling one player up, you can see how they could get T10 capable in a couple hours. It's basically a tactic that most people can't use. Either they're not that committed to the game, or they're wanting to keep their own gear if it can benefit them.

If you changed it so that conquests only counted for solo self found, the conquests would probably not even be reached within the first 8 hours of season start.

Guys, is it still interesting to play? Haven't played D3 for 2 years, I understand there was necro expansion, but maybe some new zones/etc. were added?

There are some new zones, but you won't be visiting any of them outside of a few bounties. As it stands right now, the game is dead sans a week or two at the start of a season.

I have an itch to get the rest of the trophies on the PS4 version, but the thought of having to do 500 bounties again makes my eye twitch. May just group with randoms to get it done faster.

With the new season starting Friday, I have a request. Would anyone be willing to join up as a necro (SC/NA)? I lost my main leveling partner, and typically have taken this approach:

The only other caveat is that I'd like to practice it a couple times before the season start. Mainly, I want to aim for #1 on the Sprinter Conquest, so this requires getting to 70 in under 90 minutes. And the first attempt at this leveling process will probably take like 2:30, so I'd like to get a basic rhythm going prior to the season start. (Don't have to level up to 70, but at least get the cube rush and the first 40 levels down to under 45 minutes).

I still play at times but softcore just lacks any excitement anymore for me. I've been playing hardcore almost exclusively last 4-5 seasons and I personally feel it brings a little extra excitement to a game that's becoming long in the tooth and quite frankly, dull.

I play mainly hardcore, but I'm going after #1 on Sprinter. I can carry you easily enough through that conquest. The rush is about the last thing I continue to enjoy about the game, and it's more of a challenge to hit #1 on the conquest in SC than it is in HC. I.e. nobody is going to most likely complete Speed Racer (the HC variant) within the first few hours, where Sprinter (the SC variant) will be hit. So that's what I'd like to focus. Unfortunately, this requires very quick leveling, so I'd prefer to have someone I can get the basic rhythm down with before the mad rush on Friday.

Season 16 this friday:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22820656/season-16-the-season-of-grandeur-begins-118-12-18-2018

D3 is a classic example of Blizzard's whiny fanbase ruining a game with how much they cry and complain. D3 is going to get to the point where you create a character in season 20, and hit 70 within a few minutes and all the sudden the best loot drops from the first rift boss and you go from yellows to primals in no time, then you're just melting everything in sight. They've done the same thing with WoW, I am shocked that people are even excited about Vanilla; but I know Vanilla will eventually get ruined by the children because it'll "be too hard" and "take too long". Ugh.

Example change:

Demon Hunter

Embodiment of the Maruader
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 3000% to 12000%
Unhallowed Essence
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 100% to 350%
Natalya's Vengeance
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 3500% to 14000%
The Shadow's Mantle
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 1200% to 6000%
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 50000% to 75000%

D3 has just gone full stupid from mostly. Who cares that this season you can now hit Grift 130+. Elevating damage numbers will not keep the masses interested with no additional content changes.

I mean they just made everything as absurd as the most absurd class / build.

It's nerf the good things or buff the shit things and they went with the later.

It's a power creep. Honestly, all that really interests me are the first few days. I'll complete the season by Monday, then put it aside until next season.

At this point, I've already played enough Diablo 3 that even with new content, I wouldn't play it for more than a month before I got bored.

The only thing that keeps me interested is the race to 70. I'm aiming for under an hour @ season start. (And even this too has been affected by changes which make it super easy to reach).

Don't disagree it's suffered power creep but outside of a stat / item squish, I think this is the best solution.

I've only played Hardcore for about the last 3 years as softcore just became so pointless. Even at that, the game is more than just a little stale and I agree that buffing the sets again won't suddenly recapture anyone that was otherwise uninterested. I do think bringing some of them closer to the top tier build is a good thing to keep things somewhat even.

The only thing that keeps me interested is the race to 70. I'm aiming for under an hour @ season start. (And even this too has been affected by changes which make it super easy to reach).

I've played D3 for a long time but never in the competitive spirit. I've used a group once to level to 70, the rest were solo. How in the world do you reach 70 so fast? Only things I can think off for that is group runs at T1 then down to expert with a lvl 60 weap rolled with lower requirements starting at 45. Obvious helm+gem.

Yeah how the fuck do you do it in an hour from scratch?

Necromancer, cursed chests.

I've tweaked it somewhat for HC, where my average time now is about 90 minutes where I can carry another player. I can push higher difficulties, but I prefer the safety of my current approach. In SC though, my average time, assuming I get Grasp of Essences, is about 1 hour 10 minutes. That's without XP gear. My fastest practice run so far is 48 minutes 1-70. If someone ran bounties for me while I leveled, I probably could easily hit 70 in an hour, and have a 6 piece in 90 minutes.

On reddit, they're doing the Tristram event. Most of these people though are making assumptions you're going to be running Cain's for XP though, which shaves off like 1/5 of the time. (Several of the people who finished in sub 90 minutes last season blatantly streamed that they were using bots to farm bounties to give them an advantage that most people don't have.)

And everyone complained that Inferno was too hard at release. It was actually a legitimate challenge. They cried and this is what it became. Treasure goblin grinding in the early days wasn't the greatest thing, but there was still a constant fear of death even going into the first act Cellar or that second act bridge area looking for those goblins. Grind to get gear so you didn't get one shot by Belial. Then Act 3 was an absolute Nightmare. It was a struggle the entire time which is why killing Diablo in HC was actually incredibly difficult. Kripp built his entire "fanbase" off those early days.

But people ruined it.

And everyone complained that Inferno was too hard at release. It was actually a legitimate challenge. They cried and this is what it became. Treasure goblin grinding in the early days wasn't the greatest thing, but there was still a constant fear of death even going into the first act Cellar or that second act bridge area looking for those goblins. Grind to get gear so you didn't get one shot by Belial. Then Act 3 was an absolute Nightmare. It was a struggle the entire time which is why killing Diablo in HC was actually incredibly difficult. Kripp built his entire "fanbase" off those early days.

But people ruined it.

I remember beating Diablo the first time. I missed doing it during before they nerfed it the first time, but I beat it two days after, when most people still couldn't beat Diablo on Inferno. And I enjoyed it when Ghom required strategy to win, because you couldn't just stand still and kill, you had to drag him around the room.

It's like yesterday. 2 hours into the season, people were already paragon 200+ with a 6 set.

I am playing the Shadow DH this season. I am not that well geared but I can one shot T13 Elites and RG's, just feel really squishy from ranged attackers and when there are mobs all around me.

Finished my first GR70 after a few days playing with my Demon Hunter.

Can't believe how hard that used to be even after a month or two of straight play.

My first Primal drop was Squirts Necklace :(

Finished my first GR70 after a few days playing with my Demon Hunter.

Can't believe how hard that used to be even after a month or two of straight play.

My first Primal drop was Squirts Necklace :(

Mine was a Halcyons Ascent (amulet) that rolled Dex, Vit and Armor. Total garbage. Going to finish up journey and then be done.

Completed the season. Now, time to wait for next season. Anyway, I managed to do what I was hoping to accomplish. Got Rank #1 on Europe and America. Europe, I was only 1st for like 10 minutes. In the USA, I was the only person on the Necro leaderboards for well over half an hour. Unfortunately, playing solo has downsides as it took me forever to accomplish the first 4 chapters, and thus, by the time I got my 6 set, I was #12. (About 1 hour 6 minutes to hit 70, 3 hours to accomplish the first 4 chapters.)

upload_2019-1-23_2-11-47.png

Just getting back into D3 since having stopped playing in 2012. Any clan action for the [H] members?

Still one of my all time favorite games that I can just jump in to for a quick dungeon fix.

Been a player since day one.

Last edited:
Finally tried solo GR100 w/Uliana's and cleared with 1:45 remaining. No primals and my compass rose/traveler's pledge are both regular and not ancients, sadly, so I'm stuck at the moment with my gear until I find better ancients or primals. Working on getting more gems to at least 80 for whenever that happens

Finally tried solo GR100 w/Uliana's and cleared with 1:45 remaining. No primals and my compass rose/traveler's pledge are both regular and not ancients, sadly, so I'm stuck at the moment with my gear until I find better ancients or primals. Working on getting more gems to at least 80 for whenever that happens

I find myself trying harder this season due to lull in other games I want to play (waiting for Metro) and I'm in a similar boat. DH, para 810 and I'm reaching my damage ceiling at Grift105. Ive had 2 primal drops (junk), that's it and I still have my neck, ring, bracers, pants, boots and offhand all non ancients. It has been a horrible season for drops.

Season has been nice otherwise - players in pubs have been pretty game fluent and move fast. Only real complaint is running bounties and players coming across gob packs or rare gobs and not calling them out for everyone.

First season I've sat out in a long while. When you've ran every class and nearly every build in both softcore and hardcore things get a bit dull.

First season I've sat out in a long while. When you've ran every class and nearly every build in both softcore and hardcore things get a bit dull.

That's dedication.

Guess I'm still doing it because much more casual...

I threw in the towel as well. I never finished the last season and I have no intention of playing this, or probably any other season. I've played and reached guardian every season since season 2, and Blizzcon was a giant slap in the face. Blizzard is pretty much dead to me at this point. Once I get the itch I'm going to try out PoE. Depending on how that goes decides on if I ever come back to D3.

Back