Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

and people bitched about the always online pc requirement...

I'm lucky enough to have a stable internet connection but I feel for the people who dont. It is insane that you can do that on consoles though.

I'm nearly done with my season journey, I just need to level my hardcore character another 34 levels. I had one around the same place yesterday and got it killed like a moron. I thought I was enough of a tank to take on master but I was wrong. As soon as I saw how much damage they were doing I went to back away and go back through the rift entrance. Unfortunately I panicked and somehow hit the tab key, bringing up my map. It took me a second to realize what I had done and by the time I got my map closed I was dead. The fact that there was an elite pack right in the first mob sure didn't help any. That's what I get for trying to rush though and I wont make that mistake again.

I rolled a crusader as my second character since I'm pretty sure I haven't touched them since the start of season 2. I must say after trying the thorns invoker and the rolands sweep build they were both a lot of fun. I think after I get done leveling my hardcore character I am going to go back to crusader for a bit.

I rolled a crusader as my second character since I'm pretty sure I haven't touched them since the start of season 2. I must say after trying the thorns invoker and the rolands sweep build they were both a lot of fun. I think after I get done leveling my hardcore character I am going to go back to crusader for a bit.

First time doing seasons and I went with a Crusader too. The wifey took a Barb and by the time she got to 70 she regretted the playstyle so she re-rolled a Crusader and I boosted her up. She missed out on 2/3 Haedrig Gifts but with a little help from RNG we got her a full Invoker set.

Thorns is great fun and two weeks in we're farming in T7, going up to about T8 in GR runs.

Personally I have more fun playing a barbarian than a crusader. The crusader just feels slow and meh, while with the barbarian I just jump around and cause earthquakes :D

I've rolled both a crusader and a barbarian and I have had a ton of fun with both. A tip for the Invoker set is you do not need critical hit chance or critical hit damage on any of your equipment since thorns damage isn't affected by it. Stack attack speed and cool down reduction and you'll be doing T10 in no time flat; I actually rolled the damage range off my weapon for attack speed and that gave me a HUGE boost now I just need akarat's shield and the bombardment belt.

My problem is that the Crusader just feels really slow in rifts. I did a GR55 and that was a drag since I don't have the belt or weapon, while T10 rifts just take way too long. My wizard is probably the fastest, although if it's a bad rift without many elites it takes a bit longer. My barbarian is way too squishy for speed T10's, although the damage is OK. My DH is probably the most consistent with T10 clears since my damage doesn't change based on density/elites. I cleared a 68 with my Wizard, but I'm missing an ancient weapon and the play style just really isn't all that interesting.

My problem is that the Crusader just feels really slow in rifts. I did a GR55 and that was a drag since I don't have the belt or weapon, while T10 rifts just take way too long. My wizard is probably the fastest, although if it's a bad rift without many elites it takes a bit longer. My barbarian is way too squishy for speed T10's, although the damage is OK. My DH is probably the most consistent with T10 clears since my damage doesn't change based on density/elites. I cleared a 68 with my Wizard, but I'm missing an ancient weapon and the play style just really isn't all that interesting.

Drag as in kill time or just covering distance? If you need a good weapon go to the blacksmith and see if you have something the Blood Magic dagger or something like that. It should have 1.5 attacks per second and it can roll with strength, vitality, attack speed and a socket. Even if you only get 3 of the 4 you can roll off the damage range to get the other stat.

I've rolled both a crusader and a barbarian and I have had a ton of fun with both. A tip for the Invoker set is you do not need critical hit chance or critical hit damage on any of your equipment since thorns damage isn't affected by it. Stack attack speed and cool down reduction and you'll be doing T10 in no time flat; I actually rolled the damage range off my weapon for attack speed and that gave me a HUGE boost now I just need akarat's shield and the bombardment belt.

I actually got both the shield and the belt (ancient); trying to get CDR as much as possible (diamond in helm, etc.). The RNG seems off the charts in Seasons vs. non-Seasons, and I'm going to blow past my Paragon level already (granted, I did lay off D3 since patch 2.1).

As for speed - I know Crusader's been in that weird area where as a class it cannot deal as much damage, but so far I'm having fun and it's been fun jumping back in and clicking on things until they pop.

Which crusader build are we talking? I did a GR55 with the thorns invoker set and did it on my first shot despite missing a lot of good gear. 600+ paragon points probably helps a bit though. I had a RoRG in the cube since I was missing the bracers and a pretty crappy weapon. My travelers pledge was ancient but had a dex roll since I found it with my DH and same for the ring. I tried doing the sweep build without good gear and had to farm a bit more before I was able to complete it. I think one of the things that helped a lot was having good level gems. Any gem I hadn't used yet I just speed ran empowered rifts with my DH to get them past level 25. The other gems I was using were all around level 60 already.

I will say nothing beats my multishot DH for speed farming rifts. I see a lot of classes running and looking for only the elites / champions. I can keep up with them while taking out every ordinary mob without issues. I can and have carried four player t10 rifts with ease and I still have a terrible ancient weapon and only have one piece augmented.

I finished leveling my hardcore character last night so I am officially done with the season journey. I haven't run rifts in a day or two but I think I recall seeing only one person with the final portrait frame. I'll be interested to see what I come across tonight. I am definitely looking forward to picking up my crusader again though.

Completed the GR60 Solo with 6 seconds left.
I died 3 times, the 3rd time was when the timer was at 25 seconds left and the RG still had about 25% health left so I had less than 10 seconds to kill him, I guess the CoE was on Fire when I was able to start shooting and killed him a few seconds later.
I was so far behind at the beginning that I was thinking about just starting over too.

d3-s5-GR60-6-seconds-left.jpg

The people who were bitching about that weren't going to buy the game anyways.

I still can't run GRifts without the entire map of enemies just stop moving and I'm stuck running in place until I see "You have died." I'd still rather play the game offline solo by myself on my PC. I never group with others.

Holy crap you play a lot more than I do....

Turbohud should work on any resolution...? I dunno why it wouldn't.

The only thing I really wish it had was max crit that you've gotten.

I've got two monitors running, the game one at 1080 full screen windowless, and the other monitor is like 720 I think. I screenshotted TurboHud on just the main screen.

I didn't really do anything, but that bottom right shows you xp/hr, legendaries/hr etc and you can customize whatever you want.

Oh and you can see what an item is before you identify it on the ground and it says whether it is ancient or not.

2zom6vd.png

Any chance you could throw some more advice my way. I have a 70 (130) Barbarian and I am looking to find ways to get more out of the character.

Any chance you could throw some more advice my way. I have a 70 (130) Barbarian and I am looking to find ways to get more out of the character.

What kind of gear do you have for your barb? Are you using the Might of the Earth set from the season gift or are you using a different set?

Do you all organize your Stash like this?
snip

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is non-season? I dont think there is any possible way that you could have that much accumulated so far this season... but yeah my non-season stash looks pretty close to that.

As far as turbohud goes, I won't use it personally. It absolutely gives an unfair advantage and I am pretty sure Blizzard doesn't allow such things. I don't know if they can catch it or not (and seeing as though they don't even seem to care about botters for now you're probably safe anyway) but I wouldn't want to risk my account.

I've got two monitors running, the game one at 1080 full screen windowless, and the other monitor is like 720 I think. I screenshotted TurboHud on just the main screen.

I didn't really do anything, but that bottom right shows you xp/hr, legendaries/hr etc and you can customize whatever you want.

Oh and you can see what an item is before you identify it on the ground and it says whether it is ancient or not.

that looks pretty nifty. there is no chance in getting banned using TurboHud?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is non-season? I dont think there is any possible way that you could have that much accumulated so far this season... but yeah my non-season stash looks pretty close to that.

As far as turbohud goes, I won't use it personally. It absolutely gives an unfair advantage and I am pretty sure Blizzard doesn't allow such things. I don't know if they can catch it or not (and seeing as though they don't even seem to care about botters for now you're probably safe anyway) but I wouldn't want to risk my account.

Ya, that is my NS stash. My season stash was full the other day with crap but I don't have as many gems and mats.

This is my Season 5 stash and stats,
d3-s5-stats-stash.jpg

that looks pretty nifty. there is no chance in getting banned using TurboHud?

They didn't add in anything to make it a maphack, so the official response from Blizz was that they don't have any comment.

I've been using it for almost two years now.

I used builds for season 5 from here:
http://tinyurl.com/Drahque

For Barb with a free 6 piece set even T10 is a face roll. Jump around and kill stuff non stop.

That's not completely accurate because you still need to cube Lut Socks and a Furnace and you absolutely need Blade of the Tribes to effectively do T10 not to mention a half way decent Focus and Restraint set. It took me damn near 20 hours to get a Blade of Tribes but of course after finally getting one I got 4 others.

T6 was a face roll after getting the 6 piece on pretty much any class, after which it shouldn't have taken long to get the required items. Playing solo would have taken longer, but with a group it was pretty easy to get to T10 on day 1.

Was leveling up a bunch of gems last night since you can now cube a level 50 gem and add 250 main stat to an ancient item (5 more/level over 50)
so you can add at least 3,250 Dex to a DH or Monk if you do it to all 13 items on your toon.

this was as fast as we could clear a 35,
d3-s5-gr35-90-seconds.jpg

Was leveling up a bunch of gems last night since you can now cube a level 50 gem and add 250 main stat to an ancient item (5 more/level over 50)
so you can add at least 3,250 Dex to a DH or Monk if you do it to all 13 items on your toon.

this was as fast as we could clear a 35,
d3-s5-gr35-90-seconds.jpg
Should call me in....I clear 40's under 2 minutes by myself.

I always need to up gems.

that is as fast as we could clear due to density of enemies. it was taking longer to clear the lower level Grifts since the elites and mob density was so sparse and you had to walk a lot.

Probably going to continue tonight but I need to gather up some GR stones as I used the 36 I had last night.

I was able to clear a 53 last night. I'm trying to avoid using any sets on my barb. Plus frenzy is just really fun.

I miss the old D2 frenzy barb....being able to run faster than teleporting sorcs with frenzy active was fun.

Has anyone built a successful LON thorns Crusader this season? GR 60+ solo.

I was building myself that way, and never liked the dmg output, I got better results by going with full invoker set + Focus + Restraint (Bastion of will), it allow me to use hellfire amulet with Vigilant passive which help a lot, I have about ~250K Thorn without Iron Skin and above 900K with it, so everything die with basically a single attack and even elites take just 2 or 3 blows.

With this build I was able to do a GR45 in 6 minutes which up to the moment is faster than LON build I had.

Started messing around with LoN Strafe/FoK. Was great fun if not frustrating sometimes. Pretty sure I can nail a 75 with a bit of luck.

No wonder I haven't seen Zepher or PitViper online because you are part of a different clan now. I'll have to add you to my friend's list. Or you can add me, Triden#1600

Not sure how to proceed with my wizard. Tried DMO ET - kinda meh, twisters are flying all over the place and not at the things I wanna kill and survival is pretty bad.
Tried DMO Arcane Orbs - surviving 65, can solo GR60 and TX split bounties.

Tried explosive blast with WoH - seems fun, but didn't have enough ancient pieces for good damage.

Profile:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/aznamir-1387/hero/45008334

With a full Invokers set and a few other items my thorns build finished a GR 65 last night. There are builds that do not use any set pieces at all.

Those builds use the LoN set, since you need full ancient gear for that to work properly.

Back