Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Thanks a lot for this help. This is the kind of stuff that's hard to learn on your own and without experience. I usually group with a couple friends of mine and we're all kinda noob. I appreciate the advice and I'm going to make all the suggestions I can. I'll look for better pieces on the ones I screwed up.

EDIT: Good god, made those changes and the damage increase is absolutely insane. I'm bursting up to 1.9 billion now. It's madness. Thanks again!

If you find yourself struggling to stay alive you can reroll the +Evasive Fire dmg off your pants and belt as its not really benefitting you in any way. Evasive fire is only for hatred regen and rest/focus triggering. It is not a primary damage maker and should not be amplified. You're missing out on pants armor and belt +15% life. You also still need crit on your helmet.

New meta is changing.
Barbs little rogue/slanderer hota. Bane of the stricken stacking to stupid levels
Monks FoT static charge/wotf FoF generator. Static charge procs from every attack of the entire party.

Been clearing speed GR62s (sub 7 minutes) without a healer. With a healer well let's just say we are clearing speed 65+ as is they were 55s ;)

New meta is changing.
Barbs little rogue/slanderer hota. Bane of the stricken stacking to stupid levels
Monks FoT static charge/wotf FoF generator. Static charge procs from every attack of the entire party.

Been clearing speed GR62s (sub 7 minutes) without a healer. With a healer well let's just say we are clearing speed 65+ as is they were 55s ;)

If you need a Support Monk, add me Jeremiah#1810. I've done 70's.

If you find yourself struggling to stay alive you can reroll the +Evasive Fire dmg off your pants and belt as its not really benefitting you in any way. Evasive fire is only for hatred regen and rest/focus triggering. It is not a primary damage maker and should not be amplified. You're missing out on pants armor and belt +15% life. You also still need crit on your helmet.

Cleared GR50 solo last night. New record for me. I did die a lot though... mostly one-shots. I think I'll make your suggested changes and see how it goes.

New meta is changing.

This has become annoying. I have joined multiple communities asking for 60+ grifts and as soon as I state I'm a DPS WD (dart or cloud) they say no or ignore. You have to be a monk or barb to get any traction in 65+ grifts with groups today. Gameplay with those classes is so repetitive it's boring. Now I will admit some people hate WD's right now because of the helltooth + monk server processing lag.

I have since moved on to hardcore and just rolling as high as I can till the season ends.

Cleared GR50 solo last night. New record for me. I did die a lot though... mostly one-shots. I think I'll make your suggested changes and see how it goes.

Demon Hunter and dying is pretty much 1:1. Especially the UE build sinceyou have zero defense besides vault or shadow. If you look at the leaderboards for the class you will see very few in the 60's compared to all other classes. Only real hope for high grifts is the N6 build to slow mass groups or knock them back.

I hate to say it, but you'll find even less groups as a witch doctor in HC. For groups, the game right now has 4 viable builds, 2 with barbs, 2 with monks. Everyone else might as well not be playing as it seems according to blizzard.

I built an entire set of level 70 gear that has been cubed with gem of eases. So I level characters up and delete them for fun. First 50 levels are so fun.

I made a video showing the first time I did it. I now have it to like 15-20 minutes to level to 70 solo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StWieSQzJFA

I hate to say it, but you'll find even less groups as a witch doctor in HC. For groups, the game right now has 4 viable builds, 2 with barbs, 2 with monks. Everyone else might as well not be playing as it seems according to blizzard.

Oh I know. I'm expecting to just run solo in HC since less than 10% of players in Diablo play that version. yay..... I never tried HC gameplay so I figured now is the time.

I built an entire set of level 70 gear that has been cubed with gem of eases. So I level characters up and delete them for fun. First 50 levels are so fun.

I made a video showing the first time I did it. I now have it to like 15-20 minutes to level to 70 solo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StWieSQzJFA

I did the 6 piece UE set, got really boring leveling up the gems so I just did the 6.
I can level up my DH's in 15 minutes, did it 3 times for fun, leveled up, deleted, and did it 2 more times.
d3-lvl1-UE-full.jpg

Got ya topped on ease gems Zeph... in Non Seasons have 13 lvl 25 ease gems. Got really bored last season and made them up, lol

Playing as an HC character, I have my power level suit built up. Leoric's Ring, Leoric's Crown, HF Amulet, HF Ring, Cain's Boots, Cain's Pants, Blackthorn Chest, Blackthorn Belt, Homing Pads, and a gem of ease @ 50 for the weapon. I have my Templar with a Leoric's Ring & HF ring too, but I still find it's easier to power level. I can get up to around level 56 before monsters start becoming too difficult to kill, though they can't damage me. Power leveled, it takes around 2 1/2 rifts if someone is running me. If you get lucky and a friend has a T6 Level 70 Cow Rift, you can go from 1->70 in under a minute.

If you guys want to see the new evolving meta, I ran some paragon leveling 68s as the sole dps using static charge build. Group comp was zdps barb, healer monk, sunwuko-ep monk, and me.

http://www.twitch.tv/twinflames/v/18797223 (skip to 02:46:00 for actual gameplay)

We could almost replace the zdps barb for a class that can trigger my static like a Suwong helltooth WD or even an Archon wizard which works surprisingly well 'cause there is no lag at all with them.

Last edited:
Finished Guardian journey, I think I will bow out of this season given that I no longer have a goal to play for short of getting the HC achievements (which I can get playing non-season).

I actually went and made a seasonal character because I didn't want to be one of those people that simply disses something without trying it. I've been playing it for a little over 30 hours so far. All I made was this monk:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/StoleOwnCar-1814/hero/68221256

Up until just yesterday I had been mostly playing it as an SWK monk. Well actually I kind of went through all phases with it. For a bit, I was using heal (very beginning). Then I switched to U6. For a bit I used static. Then I used SWK EP while leveling in parties (I was running 60+ regularly with that set, so I leveled fairly quickly) for a while. Then I went back to static when I got better fist weapons.

I actually need some help with my current setup.
If you guys want to see the new evolving meta, I ran some paragon leveling 68s as the sole dps using static charge build. Group comp was zdps barb, healer monk, sunwuko-ep monk, and me.

So question.. how do you not die running this? I always seem to get gibbed rather quickly running this setup even in parties with a heal monk. I feel like I may be missing something. I also need some tips on my gear in general since it seems like you have one of these. My character link's up there. Ignore the cube choices, the site is obviously wrong. I am using Flying Dragon for weapon slot.

In case you're wondering, my sheet CDR is ~63% and my sheet attack speed is around 1.83.

Finished Guardian journey, I think I will bow out of this season given that I no longer have a goal to play for short of getting the HC achievements (which I can get playing non-season).

Did the same except I remained in seasons to ride the slightly more populous servers and to use the new sets. My non season HC is only para 100 and all old set items without the boosts. I'm currently ~120 para in seasons and clearing T6 rifts solo.

It's a fun new mindset to be a lot more conservative with attacks versus jumping in and blasting what you have and hoping to survive. Playing pubs, its nice to finally see Barbs and Monks having to bail out of the fight because they were near death.

I actually went and made a seasonal character because I didn't want to be one of those people that simply disses something without trying it. I've been playing it for a little over 30 hours so far. All I made was this monk:

Up until just yesterday I had been mostly playing it as an SWK monk. Well actually I kind of went through all phases with it. For a bit, I was using heal (very beginning). Then I switched to U6. For a bit I used static. Then I used SWK EP while leveling in parties (I was running 60+ regularly with that set, so I leveled fairly quickly) for a while. Then I went back to static when I got better fist weapons.

I actually need some help with my current setup.

So question.. how do you not die running this? I always seem to get gibbed rather quickly running this setup even in parties with a heal monk. I feel like I may be missing something. I also need some tips on my gear in general since it seems like you have one of these. My character link's up there. Ignore the cube choices, the site is obviously wrong. I am using Flying Dragon for weapon slot.

In case you're wondering, my sheet CDR is ~63% and my sheet attack speed is around 1.83.

Solo needs LpH on weapons. IAS on both rings and gloves (though gloves is a wash I think).

See here for solo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u4OZKWsGE4
TL;DRs; low CDR, high LpH, fish for melee rifts

Groups run a slightly different build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQO2Z6skBto

The written guides are in the YT links.

Ohhh okay. So all I have to do is take my fists and roll the CDR off of them for vit, because both of them have LPH. Then just take my rings and roll IAS on them and also stop prioritizing CDR in general and just cube that hat.

Okay, cool. The thing is apparently my fists are really well rolled for solo, but since they both have LPH and I'm rerolling the other slot, I can't roll damage onto them; I have to roll vit. I guess they'll still be good in groups, I'll just be missing 10% damage. I kind of wonder just how high I'll be able to push solo with my weapons, because they're pretty well rolled. Not perfect, but darn good for solo. I hope I'll still be good enough in groups.

Also, he gave me a big eye opener with the mantra rune thing for group play. I had no idea; that's probably why the group was dying so much.. Thanks for the links, I learned a lot; apparently the guide I followed was simply wrong.

It's not just loh, you also need to have high HP so it synergizes with simplicity strength. The 2% max life per hit it gives you is like having pre-ros life steal.

P.S: Just checked your profile, why are you using RoRG? Unless it's a bug on the website displaying it. And yeah part of the reason why you are dying is your HP is only ~400k but you can help that a bit when you roll vita on the weapons.

Last edited:
It's not just loh, you also need to have high HP so it synergizes with simplicity strength. The 2% max life per hit it gives you is like having pre-ros life steal.

P.S: Just checked your profile, why are you using RoRG? Unless it's a bug on the website displaying it. And yeah part of the reason why you are dying is your HP is only ~400k but you can help that a bit when you roll vita on the weapons.

From my post on the D3 forums:
Also, regarding the comments about RoRG and not having Fists of Fury:

Thing is, I was doing some DB farming for a while today. And I basically made a version of the build where I put RoRG in the cube and then put Sage's hat and boots on. Then I replaced Fists of Fury with Cyclone to farm more quickly. All of this seems to be trickling to the web view asynchronously or something, so you're seeing some changes but not others...

If you check my profile link again right now, I at least do have most of the proper gear on, though I have CoE in cube rather than the RoRG that it's showing, and my Leorics has been replaced by that one thing that reduces BoH cd. From what I remember, my HP was close to 1m in game. This is all for group builds obviously. For solo, I'm planning to switch things up a bit. I've actually got a decent (well, half decent) hellfire that has Resolve on it as the passive. I wonder if it'll be a good solo amulet because the build emphasizes tagging mobs everywhere and then proccing static repeatedly anyway. Seems like I'd pretty much get 100% uptime on 20% damage reduction; it would be a good tradeoff from having Exalted Soul. Not to mention that when it comes to the grift guardian, I'd have it pretty much always up. I also plan to roll CDR off shoulders for life % and FoT % off of my diggers for %AR.

The thing is I notice that my survivability in groups even with my new HP seems to vary wildly with the heal monk that's employed at the moment, and some of the party comp. With a good one, I was surviving 65 without too much issue. With a bad one, even at 60 I died repeatedly to various elemental damage. I think the guardian was that dude that shoots mouth lasers out, and it just really tore me up. I wonder if I would do well in a group with a zbarb. It seems like whenever I'm in a party with a barb, my survivability goes up exponentially thanks to their shout. I know that they also have ignore pain 100% uptime on zbarbs. Thing is though even in a party I don't think I've ever hit as high of a crit proc as I've seen in Quin's videos. Like I think I see fairly high billions regularly (like 10-20B or so), but I don't think I've ever seen as high as he's shown, and I wonder why. I know some of my gear isn't ancient, and I know that he has 10% damage on his fists. But that can't really be the only reason. I guess it might be my paragon level. I'm missing %CHD and a lot of dex.

I might just go back to SWK EP for farming paragon, because I get to slot Leorics in the cube and put ruby in helm, which is some very impressive exp. I feel like this static build requires higher paragon than I have to fully shine, and doing 60+ speed runs seems to gain me a hell of a lot of paragon in season play.

Finished 65 yesterday using generator build with kinda crap items (I didn't have EoTS, missing spirit on one weapon). I like that it's a lot less "fishy" than U6. Tried doing a 66, got an amazingly dense rift but died so quickly. Need to find a good EOTS and a few more pieces to be optimized.

Also anyone looking to get a high grift group going on weeknights let me know, congalong#1581. I'm usually on 6PM-930PM PST, then 1230AM-2AM.

If you do get a group together, I wouldn't mind doing SWK Monk... or maybe Static. My profile's up there in that link. Until I get enough paragon to make static shine, I think my most powerful set is probably SWK, though. All it really requires is CHC and CHD out of the offense tree. All of the stat points go into dex. Everything else is just icing on top. SWK is by and far the easiest offensive monk class to gear before 800 para. I have an ancient wrath of the something or other king that's a bit over 4.1k damage. It's not godly, but it's probably plenty good enough for 65 and higher. My gear for static is probably also good enough to take me into 65 and up, but I'd prefer to work on it a bit more.

Oh and yeah I only really play monk on seasons, because that's the only class that I felt was just horribly hampered by lack of seasonal equips and gem. NS WD's aren't actually that far behind season WD's on LB even with that gem, and I've just played the hell out of WD as it is. Barbs I just don't care about.

Re: zbarb
It's not the shout it's having perma group wide ignore pain.

Anybody willing to plvl a hardcore character for me to 70? I only need it to get the guardian.

That and the 3m T10 rift.

You're getting there. I'm about to break 2M unbuffed sheet dps with 3Kdps Shenlongs. Fully buffed with SWK monk transgression I'm at 2.2M+ (still need a better relentless assault tho, it didn't roll +spirit which means I'm missing 20%+ dmg)
Things are literally melting on speed 68s tho

Last edited:
So I just started my first HC seasonal character a few nights ago and he just died tonight at level 50. Please guys tell me what is the fastest way to PLevel a new HC character. Can't believe I got owned by Bilal.

There are power leveling communities, just search for "power" and you'll see a bunch. Join the ones with most members and most active ppl in chat ("season powerleveling" is probably the largest of all). Read the rules tho 'cause begging incesantly is frowned upon and can get you kicked. There will be ppl who advertise so people can get power leveled just monitor the chat.

You're getting there. I'm about to break 2M unbuffed sheet dps with 3Kdps Shenlongs. Fully buffed with SWK monk transgression I'm at 2.2M+ (still need a better relentless assault tho, it didn't roll +spirit which means I'm missing 20%+ dmg)
Things are literally melting on speed 68s tho

What's your paragon? I probably need a higher level because I can't fully spec out the offense tree. The problem is that SC monk needs pretty much the entire offense tree because they need CDR, IAS, CHC, and CHD. That and I don't have much additional dex as it is now.

I could roll 10% damage on one of my fists and it'd probably get close to 3.1k dps, but I think that'd hurt my survivability too much.

My SWK monk is pretty good though.
I've taken it into 65+ and it does pretty well. I swapped out the ice gem for alteration because I felt like it really helped my survivability. I got a spiffy new helm, too (and recently, pants). You guys can add me for some 60-65+ speed runs if you want.

Compared to people who are grinding rifts I'm not that high, only P819. And no you don't really need to max out everything. The group build doesn't need much cdr, all you need is 8% from shoulders, 10 from paragon and beacon for near permanent BoH (use the numlock trick to have it autocast) also get rid of epiphany and use Serenity-ascencion. As long as your healer is good you'll be fine and serenity lets you stay in the middle of stuff that can one shot you like frozen explosions. Keep that witching hour for the grp spec, for solo use string of ears.

Also what is your total %attack speed? With a SWK monk in party all you need is 24% + 15% from dash-radiance to hit the breakpoint, anything more is a waste.

Last edited:
What's your paragon? I probably need a higher level because I can't fully spec out the offense tree. The problem is that SC monk needs pretty much the entire offense tree because they need CDR, IAS, CHC, and CHD. That and I don't have much additional dex as it is now.

I could roll 10% damage on one of my fists and it'd probably get close to 3.1k dps, but I think that'd hurt my survivability too much.

My SWK monk is pretty good though.
I've taken it into 65+ and it does pretty well. I swapped out the ice gem for alteration because I felt like it really helped my survivability. I got a spiffy new helm, too (and recently, pants). You guys can add me for some 60-65+ speed runs if you want.

If you're playing in groups only, 10% on fists should be what you are rolling instead of LpH. If you're solo/pushing then yea keep the LpH. Ideally you'd eventually have two great pairs or just keep rerolling every time you swap from group to solo.

I'm about P766 and I'm pretty sure I can hit grift 70 with the right RNG. 68 are fairly straight forward to me and the only reason I'm not beating it is because every 68 attempt I've had no conduit.

Remember, when pushing with SC monk you want at least 1.9 character sheet APS. If you aren't using the enchantress you should be, free 3% IAS And ranged damage reduction. She can also proc your SC so gear her up with some juicy IAS gear. Also make sure when you fight the RG you're snapshotting stricken to the highest APS you can get and not accidentally resetting it.

I didn't roll the LPH, I rolled the vit. Both of my fists came with LPH on them; I can't really roll 10% without losing a chunk of health; though it might still be viable in good groups. And yeah I'll try Enchantress next time I solo. I have a habit of just picking Templar. Well that and I don't have the focus for her that makes it so she doesn't die...

Anyway I had some fun games yesterday with my SWK monk. We ended up actually running exp games all the way up to 71:
3P9eYC8.jpg

The only DPS we had was a dart doc. The barb was running zdps spec. So that tells me my SWK gear is plenty decent enough if we can finish 71 in like 10.5 mins on our first try. The dart doc wasn't gg, either. He had a good DoD, but the rest of his gear was lacking.

I'm gonna also ask this on here as well as the monk forums:
Image: http://i.imgur.com/gaprw9a.jpg
So I was helping a friend get started in his seasonal play today, and I actually ended up getting various upgrades along the way, including an ancient top and a helm with spirit on it (this just happened, so not in my profile link). But most notably we then decided to just do a few Hellfire runs and I ended up getting this thing. Naturally I don't want to mess it up, so how do I reroll it?

For the record I also have this amulet sitting in stash, so there is an alternative with dex already though it has no secondary res:
http://i.imgur.com/VibDft5.jpg

I had some people tell me the %lit was worthless compared to the dex since it was 16% instead of 20, but I'm like "umm... I dunno about that..."

Can someone math it out?

If anyone needs a HC power level you can add/msg me and I'll run ya through. I only play HC now and I can roll through T6 without delay.

Snowman#1523

Well, I just ranked on the solo monk seasons leaderboard
9iVOOWT.jpg

I've also given 68 several tries, with various setups, and from what I can see it looks like my paragon is the largest issue. I mean I can do it if I fished enough. I've come close to completing it a few times already. The thing is, I already know with my current gear I have plenty of DPS to do 68 in a sufficient setup. However, elites throw a wrench in things, especially if there's one in every single room I come to (which has happened during every single one of my attempts). So I experimented putting diamonds in my gear and found that I could last through most elemental damage more easily compared to before. However, my damage was slightly lacking (though probably still enough to get through 68). If I had more paragon and stat points, I could easily do 68 and up with diamonds in my armor, because I could compensate for my stat loss with paragon points.

I hate paragon. This infinite scaling crap is just super annoying. Like there should be a cap to paragon. Maybe make up for it somewhere else, like you get levels of "ancient gear find" or something as you level up past the cap. That way everything is still RNG based and you can just get to a certain cap and then every level afterwards just increases your odds with RNG.

This paragon system pretty much forces me onto my SWK monk regularly. My SWK monk can complete 70 and up easily with a 1 dps party, so it rakes in experience like no one's business (especially with a ruby in the helm and a crown in the cube).

The funny thing about paragons is they give people what they kept asking for, allocation of stats, and some people are still complaining.

Back