Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Who wants to race?
d3-speed.jpg

Was playing with some gear to see how fast I can run and with the Krems Belt, the bracer that gives a boost when you break something, the Boon of Hoarder Gem, and the Wreath of lightning gem, I was hitting 165%, and with the Speed Pylon I was hitting 235% but couldn't hit print screen in time.
It's kind of hard to control when you are at 235% though.

I've gotten a bit over 180% with WD...especially since WD has all that movement speed passive, kelm belt, spirit walk and whatsnot. She's quite fast.

Wow. How do people get such a high dex?

I am Para 530 and I am not even 9000... (granted I have no dex on my Rings)

Well I get 8940 dex points from my equip and 500 from paragon.... I am paragon 773 in seasons...

I'll link my profile later on tonight, my rings do not have any Dex on them, and the only pieces of gear I have that is not ancient beside those two are Amulet and Quiver, still working the quiver, the game is quite keen on giving me Spines (which is good, as I use numlocked Shuriken Cloud) that rolls badly...

I also have Hatred maxed out, which is another 250 points, so the rings accounts for another 1000 or so.

No calamity still, so I might have to wait until 2.3 and craft a Calamity to cube, use Yang's and rerolled my F&R

Edit:

http://tw.battle.net/d3/zh/profile/Frostnburn-2838/hero/44042949

Problem is that it's in Trad chinese :/

Last edited:
Only reason I logged on last night. The new content looks interesting but mehhh, hard to get excited anymore.

I'm excited to finally play my monk like I always wanted... punch,punch,punch,punch!

I can't wait to try the spirir generator build. :)

After a couple of weeks, I will probably grow tired of the game and stop again tho. Then after couple of weeks/month, I'll pick it up again for a couple of weeks...

Time to clean your stash, guys.... S3 ended yesterday.

I forgot it was ending, I just joined a game, ran a rift, then went to my stash and was like wtf, that doesn't look right, I am missing stuff.
Then I realized it was my non season stash when I saw the 1200 rift stones.

My Enchantress is pretty boss, but she still doesn't kill anything,
d3-enchantress.jpg

I forgot it was ending, I just joined a game, ran a rift, then went to my stash and was like wtf, that doesn't look right, I am missing stuff.
Then I realized it was my non season stash when I saw the 1200 rift stones.

i probably spent a good 2 hours yesterday organizing, consolidating, sharding, etc all my crap from S3. Can't wait for tomorrow and then Friday!

i probably spent a good 2 hours yesterday organizing, consolidating, sharding, etc all my crap from S3. Can't wait for tomorrow and then Friday!

I see me spending a lot of time as well, I have 2 completely full stashes that I need to organize and consolidate and move gear around between all my DH's. I may just delete a few since there is really no need to have 7 or 8 Demon Hunters.
I made one just to hold stuff then decided to go ahead and try the Gem of Ease in a weapon and level her up.

I haven't kept up on the PTR notes for the patch so I don't know if the Repair is still going to be as expensive as it was in the PTR. Repairs now are cheap, but in the PTR it looked like they increased it 100 fold, repairs were in the millions vs in the thousands.

Also, the Kanais Cube (I know I spelled that wrong), do all of your toons have access to the same Cube, example, I sacrifice a Calamity with DH1, will my other DH's have access to the Calamity proc?

They fixed the repair costs a few weeks back in the PTR.

And yes, all toons in the same mode have access to cube and any extracted leg powers (class specific that is).

They fixed the repair costs a few weeks back in the PTR.

And yes, all toons in the same mode have access to cube and any extracted leg powers (class specific that is).

What Paragon level did you end up with? I am at 663. I don't remember what it was before, I think it was under 550.

I ended up with 829 as my combined P level... :D

Non Season was 673 and final seasonal was 781... takes me a bit over 27 billion xp per level currently...

do you remember what happens to the trial stones, do those become normal rift stones after the patch?
I have a few hundred of those guys.

Normal rifts will not require keys at all, all Greater Rift keys (including trials) will become Generic GR keys.

You will still have the normal rift keys in your stash after the patch, these can be sold for 500K per 100 key stack.

I see me spending a lot of time as well, I have 2 completely full stashes that I need to organize and consolidate and move gear around between all my DH's. I may just delete a few since there is really no need to have 7 or 8 Demon Hunters.
I made one just to hold stuff then decided to go ahead and try the Gem of Ease in a weapon and level her up.

I haven't kept up on the PTR notes for the patch so I don't know if the Repair is still going to be as expensive as it was in the PTR. Repairs now are cheap, but in the PTR it looked like they increased it 100 fold, repairs were in the millions vs in the thousands.

Also, the Kanais Cube (I know I spelled that wrong), do all of your toons have access to the same Cube, example, I sacrifice a Calamity with DH1, will my other DH's have access to the Calamity proc?

I have so many monks because I got tired of swapping builds/items around. But now some of the other sets are finally interesting (Zombie Bears anyone?!?!?!) that I may have to make room. Currently have 4 monks, 2 wizards, 2 barbs, 2 DHs. I hardly touch my DH or barbs.

Super stoked to farm mats tomorrow to try and reroll some of the shitty legendaries I had saved up for this eventually. So glad I did :) (I am a little pissed I melted a Flow Of Eternity and a Furnace though. Must have been on accident as I have many copies of other crappy legendaries from days ago). :(:(:(:mad:

One nice thing is if you extract a poorly rolled leg into the cube the leg power is set to max. :D

Normal rifts will not require keys at all, all Greater Rift keys (including trials) will become Generic GR keys.

You will still have the normal rift keys in your stash after the patch, these can be sold for 500K per 100 key stack.

Just noticed that.
I'll wait for the patch since the stones are worth 1 gold each right now and I have over 1200 rift stones.

do you remember what happens to the trial stones, do those become normal rift stones after the patch?
I have a few hundred of those guys.

yeah they will all become standard no levels anymore... normal rifts wont need any stones to open.

Definitely a reason to provide interest again. Silly me, I was running bounties on a public server as a delrasha wizard with all my skills on cooldown and came across a bandit shrine and clicked it.

I'll probably get the cube for my HC character as well as SC, and hold off until the start of Season 4.

I skipped the PTR, but damn this is one hell of a patch. Being able to make legendaries out of rares is awesome, since you can fish for specific types of items.

I tried my WD with carnevil + jerams. So nice. I'll be doing HC season again, not sure which class yet.

So it looks like the gem of ease will be the most useful gem in the game for HC?

Useful enough just for the weapon usage but now with the cube you can use a lvl 25 ease gem to remove level requirement from an item. With enough of them you could equip a lvl 1 toon in full lvl 70 gear. :eek:

I have no idea what to play next season. Not sure what is going to get the biggest buff.

WD has been on the low end of the food chain for a while. It's getting two new sets, not sure if it's going to be enough. Monk and Crusader are also getting a buff, as is Vyr's for Wizards. It seems like a toss up.

So they didn't bother to buff DH, which makes sense since the last 3 seasons it's been at least 50% of the top 10 spots, but even with the buffs to other classes, will it still not be ruling the roost? DH has really strong sets as well as really strong set weapons. I'd like to play something different and interesting, but I also don't want to play something that out-right sucks next season either.

I was planning on playing Wizard just to mix it up, but I wouldn't be opposed to WD either, as it's secretly one of my favorite classes. It unfortunately hasn't gotten a lot of play though since its been so underpowered for so long.

Useful enough just for the weapon usage but now with the cube you can use a lvl 25 ease gem to remove level requirement from an item. With enough of them you could equip a lvl 1 toon in full lvl 70 gear. :eek:

The only place where that would matter though is in Seasons. But if you have that kind of time to build up every piece of gear in seasons (level over a dozen Gem of Ease's on to over a dozen pieces of gear), you're probably already super geared out on at least one character. Which of course would make the benefit marginal at best. If you're playing non-season, you probably have every class leveled to 70. If not more than one of each. HC it has its uses if you tend to die a lot or you want a set to race back to 70 faster with.

Frankly, it's a fun/funny effect, but in terms of actual usefulness for gameplay I don't see it being much of a factor. Already with a Gem of Ease an a lvl 70 weapon, it only takes about 2 hours to go from 0-70. To get over a dozen Gem of Ease's to 25 to put onto gear would probably take at least 30 hours. I'm sure someone will put in the time just for bragging rights, but for normal practical players, it makes basically zero sense.

Last edited:
Leveling the Gems doesn't take too long, it's just boring.
RW2112 and myself leveled my 6 gems in maybe a couple of hours, I already leveled the one in the weapon, and he leveled a complete 13 set of gems.
It's faster now since you can choose the Grift level to play, instead of wasting time with a Trial and stopping when you are about at the level you need.

Back