Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

All I get are crap drops. My DH is only T3 capable.
Did about a dozen T6 pub rifts yesterday, tried to look like I was doing something so I wouldn't get vote kicked, lol.

Use the slow Grift strategy. Start at Grift 1, clear to boss and mark the time. Do bounties on T2 until you get to the 4:30 mark, go in kill boss. Start Grift 2, rinse and repeat. You get a pretty good amount of loot/bloodshards and caches. T2 for 50% leg drop rate on cache. Also google the bloodshard spending order for DH, I think pants are still the first gamble though.

I didn't think Alkaizer actually used it. He made a YouTube video on it detailing how it's done but not sure if he did it. That idiot MannerCookie finally got banned though, his stream was so annoying sometimes. Every time I tried to get build info he would just go off on some random tangent and never get to the point.

Alkaizer did it off stream. He admitted to it last night. He does seem like such a nice guy that I hope Blizzard doesn't ban him. When you look at his blood shard count is is way too high for normal play. Poor Gabynator had to put his chat into Subscriber only to calm everyone down who was asking him did he cheat.

Use the slow Grift strategy. Start at Grift 1, clear to boss and mark the time. Do bounties on T2 until you get to the 4:30 mark, go in kill boss. Start Grift 2, rinse and repeat. You get a pretty good amount of loot/bloodshards and caches. T2 for 50% leg drop rate on cache. Also google the bloodshard spending order for DH, I think pants are still the first gamble though.

Is it just my luck or did they drop the chance of leg's from grifts? I set 3 new records for my T4'ish capable DH (17, then 19, then 21) and NONE of them dropped a leg. Just the gem and about 50-60 shards. I'm about to scrap seasons and use my built toons in normal as the drop rates of anything useful seems horrendous.

Even trying to grift token drops in t2-t4 from the RG is a bitch this season. I realize t2 is a terrible drop chance but I can't clear T4+ effectively right now solo. Ugh...

Alkaizer did it off stream. He admitted to it last night. He does seem like such a nice guy that I hope Blizzard doesn't ban him. When you look at his blood shard count is is way too high for normal play. Poor Gabynator had to put his chat into Subscriber only to calm everyone down who was asking him did he cheat.

There would be a pretty big shit storm if they banned Alkaizer, so I don't think they will. I'm pretty sure even the developers like him. I'm not sure why some people hate Gabynator so much, like sometimes in twitch chat there are just some really angry people lol. That guy is so boring, he just plays 24/7, so I don't really care what he does. He definitely exploited stuff, but he's always streamed it, he doesn't seem to try to hide it like others.

Is it just my luck or did they drop the chance of leg's from grifts? I set 3 new records for my T4'ish capable DH (17, then 19, then 21) and NONE of them dropped a leg. Just the gem and about 50-60 shards. I'm about to scrap seasons and use my built toons in normal as the drop rates of anything useful seems horrendous.

Even trying to grift token drops in t2-t4 from the RG is a bitch this season. I realize t2 is a terrible drop chance but I can't clear T4+ effectively right now solo. Ugh...

Hmmm, just takes a while sometimes. It took me like 5k bloodshards to finally get the legs for the Raiment set.

what exploit?
D3-Bloodshards.jpg

Find a blood thief in bounties, don't kill him. Invite 3 players and let them open a GR42 or so. Kill the blood thief. The 3 players in the GR will get 3-4k blood shards since it scales for them with the GR. The one killing the Blood Thief doesn't get more though.

You WILL get banned for it though, so don't do it.

Find a blood thief in bounties, don't kill him. Invite 3 players and let them open a GR42 or so. Kill the blood thief. The 3 players in the GR will get 3-4k blood shards since it scales for them with the GR. The one killing the Blood Thief doesn't get more though.

You WILL get banned for it though, so don't do it.

Hot-fixed already so it's all good.

But god damn zepher that is glorious. I wish I could find a family of blood goblins.

Side note: Anyone in clan want to power level me to 70 in seasons? I just want to finish the damn xmog set. I can repay it with normal rushes or normal hell fire keys since that's all I'm farming for now :)

Hot-fixed already so it's all good.

But god damn zepher that is glorious. I wish I could find a family of blood goblins.

Side note: Anyone in clan want to power level me to 70 in seasons? I just want to finish the damn xmog set. I can repay it with normal rushes or normal hell fire keys since that's all I'm farming for now :)

I think that was almost 5k shards, took a while to gather them up. not sure why there is a 500 cap on shards you can hold.

I think that was almost 5k shards, took a while to gather them up. not sure why there is a 500 cap on shards you can hold.

My cap is at 750 on seasons and 900 on non-seasons. Each solo GR level adds 10 to the shard capacity.

I wasn't keeping up with the latest patch release, too busy playing other games.
I guess I should read the patch notes to see what's new. I did notice a new set for the DH, the Unholy something in the new season.

Ok, so I'm running 2x 295X2s. And I'm getting annoyed with the stuttering and random lag points in game because it's only utilizing one card. I did the v-sync trick. But it still doesn't use more than one card.

Is there any fix to enable Crossfire In D3 ROS?

Because with 295X2 you can't really disable crossfire. I play on 2560x1600 monitor max everything.

Ok, so I'm running 2x 295X2s. And I'm getting annoyed with the stuttering and random lag points in game because it's only utilizing one card. I did the v-sync trick. But it still doesn't use more than one card.

Because with 295X2 you can't really disable crossfire. I play on 2560x1600 monitor max everything.

Try running it in Windowed Fullscreen.

That fix all the stutter for me....

Try running it in Windowed Fullscreen.

That fix all the stutter for me....

Wish i could say the same. I've tried absolutely everything I can think of.. sound tricks, windowed mode, underclocking video card...

But every once in awhile i'll get stuttering which makes the game damn near unplayable. Usually a reboot fixes it. I have a feeling I have something else going on but for the life of me I can't find it by studying resource monitor / task manager.

For this and other obvious reasons, I cannot wait until I build my new computer this year.

I set the Max Foreground FPS and Max background FPS to 200. VSYNC is on. Shadow Quality to just High. If you set it to smooth is is a stuttery mess.

If it still stutters then lower the amount of sound channels.

Wish i could say the same. I've tried absolutely everything I can think of.. sound tricks, windowed mode, underclocking video card...

But every once in awhile i'll get stuttering which makes the game damn near unplayable. Usually a reboot fixes it. I have a feeling I have something else going on but for the life of me I can't find it by studying resource monitor / task manager.

For this and other obvious reasons, I cannot wait until I build my new computer this year.

Have you tried resetting your CPU to stock settings??

I seriously don't see a 300mhz overclock being that beneficial anyways....

Paragon 305 in S3, and still not a single IK chest or weapon. :/

That being said, having the most fun in a long time in D3, a bit addicted (as lvl 305 indicates...). Focusing mainly on upgrading non-ancient set pieces to ancient, but damn if the RNG doesn't want to cooperate. Got lucky very early on, then it's been a very dry spell.

My brother helped me out the last few days, I have a completed firebirds set and a completed Delseres set, half a tal's set.

About 175 paragon in S3, having fun again after not playing since before S1

Good suggestion, as I hadn't considered it.

That 300mhz oc, yes... kinda pointless, but it was my first try at overclocking and that's all I could get stable with my lack of expertise.

in any case, I've loaded defaults and will see how this performs. Cheers!

Season 3 has been hilarious for me. I worked my way up from level 1, normal level to master quite early on at level 25 or so. It was getting too easy. :D

Not sure what's going on here, either I am being more aggressive in my play or just lucky with the items that are being dropped.

q7QlizL.jpg

Season 3 has been hilarious for me. I worked my way up from level 1, normal level to master quite early on at level 25 or so. It was getting too easy. :D

Not sure what's going on here, either I am being more aggressive in my play or just lucky with the items that are being dropped.

q7QlizL.jpg

:not sure if serious:

After 274 paragon levels I finally found my last raiment piece. I had spent every blood shard trying to get it since paragon 199.

Now that I got rid of my crappy rorg and equipped the focus / restraint rings I already had I'm having much more fun. After being spoiled and getting my m6 early last season I was starting to get really frustrated and almost stopped playing. I'm glad I didn't now.

S3 has been a workout trying to keep up with clan Barb players. Ran with Jeremiah last night in 30's rifts and he was flying through with my DH straining to catch up.

It's been nice to play with the various clan members so far this season. Good to see a variety of builds again. I'm currently running the DH RoV build and with 3+ billion crits on mediocre gear, it's quite entertaining.

S3 has been a workout trying to keep up with clan Barb players. Ran with Jeremiah last night in 30's rifts and he was flying through with my DH straining to catch up.

It's been nice to play with the various clan members so far this season. Good to see a variety of builds again. I'm currently running the DH RoV build and with 3+ billion crits on mediocre gear, it's quite entertaining.

Mind linking your profile?

484 Paragon levels in and I get my first Broken Promise and it sucks but I don't care.

I removed all Crit Chance from my gear and focused on attack speed and crit damage. It works pretty damn well but probably best suited for a monk. I'm guessing this is the most powerful ring in the game if utilized correctly.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/60248670

Interesting, I didn't even think of that in the context of not using +crit on your other gear. Wow, that kind of just blew my mind...if you could reroll all the +crit to other stats, toughness, AS, etc...massive increase in survivability, recovery, and perhaps even higher total crit rate over a period of time.

So right now, with 1.2 attacks per second, it takes me 4.167 seconds to hit 5 times. So if my attack speed stayed the same, with 4.1 seconds to get 5 hits, I then have 3 seconds of 100% crit chance. That's 3.6 crits per 7 seconds with broken promise. Without broken promise and my current crit chance of 53%, I get 4.55 crits per 7 seconds (.65 crit/sec).

But if I'm able to get up to 1.5 attacks per second due to rerolling +crit to +IAS, I then also get to 5 hits faster (3.33), and increase my crit/sec to .71. Breakeven is about 1.4, with .64 crit/sec.

Would be an expensive proposition if it was wrong though! :p Now I feel dumb, I'm pretty sure I've scrapped several of those.

I bought a new Motorola cable modem and coincidentally I started playing D3 again with my buddies. I'm on Skype talking to them for hours on in and every 2 or 3 minutes I start lagging in D3. Then I'm go for 30 minutes where I get D/C'd every 2 minutes over and over again. Meanwhile I'm talking to my buddies on Skype, watching Twitch, Youtube, streaming music on Spotify, etc with zero issues.

Anyone else having problems with D3 and lagging? I'm in North Carolina and on Time Warner Cable if it matters. I can't stay connected to save my life. When the Gelatinous Goblins spawn it's an instant kick. Think my new modem is allergic to Activision? :)

Help!!!

4306733073.png

Sadly this had no bearing on D3's stability. So weird that D3 is the only game i have issues with in this way, but I'm pretty sure it's something else conflicting because restarting my computer fixes it up for a bit.

Can't wait for July.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Snowman-1523/hero/60403514

The belt and ring are the primary players in my high crit hit.

I have that belt, but don't use Steady Aim, Zei's Stone of Vengeance, nor this ring... so you basically have to wait until the bonus is on the right one before you cast your moves?

Biggest RoV crit i've seen, with the belt, is 800m... but then again i'm not using a socket in my weapon. Still waiting for one of these fuckin "gift" items to drop, sigh.

I bought a new Motorola cable modem and coincidentally I started playing D3 again with my buddies. I'm on Skype talking to them for hours on in and every 2 or 3 minutes I start lagging in D3. Then I'm go for 30 minutes where I get D/C'd every 2 minutes over and over again. Meanwhile I'm talking to my buddies on Skype, watching Twitch, Youtube, streaming music on Spotify, etc with zero issues.

Anyone else having problems with D3 and lagging? I'm in North Carolina and on Time Warner Cable if it matters. I can't stay connected to save my life. When the Gelatinous Goblins spawn it's an instant kick. Think my new modem is allergic to Activision? :)

Help!!!

4306733073.png

Do you have QoS on the modem or something, where gaming is set at a low priority? Do you run all that while playing D3/have issues when you're only running D3?

Help!!!

4306733073.png

Could be a bad network node causing your connection to lag/drop. Try running a couple trace routes to the Diablo 3 servers and post your results:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/performing-a-traceroute

Running a Trace Route
Windows

Click Start and type CMD in the search field.
Right-click on CMD.exe and select Run as Administrator.
Type tracert xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx > c:\tracert.txt and press Enter. Replace the x's with the appropriate server address. Use all IP addresses listed for your region.
Allow several minutes for the trace route to complete.
A file will be created inside your C: drive called tracert.txt that contains your trace route information.
Type exit and press Enter to close the command window.

Diablo 3 Region | IP Address:
The Americas | 12.129.209.68

So open a command window and type tracert 12.129.209.68 and hit enter. It'll take a minute to get there and then you can just copy and paste it here (or use their text file method if you prefer).

@Chockomonkey halp me!

You could always try the latency fix... i used to use it for WoW and noticed a positive difference, though I'm not sure if it's still applicable, or applicable to D3. For me at least--any problems with blizzard games i experience with ALL blizzard games.

I have the same weird stuttering in Hearthstone, HoTS, and SC3 as i do in D3.

http://www.leatrix.com/leatrix-latency-fix

Sadly this had no bearing on D3's stability. So weird that D3 is the only game i have issues with in this way, but I'm pretty sure it's something else conflicting because restarting my computer fixes it up for a bit.

Can't wait for July.

It's not your overclock. This stuttering problem has been an issue for A LOT of people since the release of D3 and it seems to be related to the game's built in Vsync. What worked for me when I had a GTX 670 was disabling Vsync and unchecking Min / Max FPS in game and then setting up a profile for the game in the nvidia control panel. I set Adaptive Sync to On and the power profile to "Prefer Maximum Performance" and that helped a lot, very little stutter bullshit after that. This also worked for my wife's system with a GTX 970.

Back