Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

From this thread...http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14609910878

Blizzard said the chance to get a leg would go up, but never mentioned you should get more legendaries per bloodshard ;)

yeah i experience more legendarys per 500 shards than i ever did before the patch.

but it is all luck based so you can have a shit string of luck and only get 1 or none for 500 shards, but you can also get 6 or 7..

Blizzard said the chance to get a leg would go up, but never mentioned you should get more legendaries per bloodshard ;)
Actually this is what he said.

"For the same number of shards as before players will now walk away with 1/3 more legendary items."

By the way, what you're saying is still a legendary rate nerf (which is what the original numbers show).
If you have to spend MORE shards to compensate for fewer legendaries, then it means the drop rate went down.

The only thing that matters is how many legendaries you end up with vs how many shards you dropped into Kadala. Changing the phrasing doesn't make it a buff or a nerf since it's the same thing.

Pre-patch
5000/5=1000
24(legendaries)/1000(chances) = 2.4%

Post-patch
5000/25=200
14(legs)/200(chances) = 7%
This is wrong since it assumes "chance" is equal in both equations.
You roll 5 times less, but your chance went up by 5 times. Which means 2.4% should be multiplied by 5 in the new patch.

In this case, he compensated the lower 1/5 chances but didn't compensate the 5x increase in drop rate which is reflected in his final % value.

At EQUAL rates, post-patch should be about 12%. It's 7% which is a nerf of about half.
Not to mention, regardless of how many "chances" you have, looking at blood shards speant he should get the same amount of legendaries (or 33% more according to Blizzard) both pre and post patch IE: 24 legendaries minimum.

Whoever wrote that reply actually took a backwards route to proving the numbers... funny.

Last edited:
Question about the Molten Hydra; got the leg wand that lets you cast 2 hydras. Does anyone know if mobs standing on 2 molten streams take 800% damage (400% per)? Currently going with Blazing Hydra (fireballs); molten just seems too slow and doesn't work well against mobs not standing still.

Question about the Molten Hydra; got the leg wand that lets you cast 2 hydras. Does anyone know if mobs standing on 2 molten streams take 800% damage (400% per)? Currently going with Blazing Hydra (fireballs); molten just seems too slow and doesn't work well against mobs not standing still.
I would assume that they take 400% per stream since they're 2 separate hydras.

I think I'm just going to leave every game that has more than 1 wizard. Almost died twice today because their stupid shit covers the entire map and you can't see frozen or molten explosions.

I think I'm just going to leave every game that has more than 1 wizard. Almost died twice today because their stupid shit covers the entire map and you can't see frozen or molten explosions.

Crusaders with the green horses covers a lot of the map as well.
I thought they were going to update the game so that some of the things your group is doing does not show on your screen to keep the clutter down.
I play a DH so I try to stay on the sides of the screen.

Was going to say if Wizards bothers you then you wouldn't like my pony 'sader but Zepher beat me to it, lol... :D

I wouldn't use the pony build in group play. It's one of the most annoying builds to have in a group since it just knocks all the monsters away from everyone. Condemn build is actually faster for T6 group play. Pony build is best reserved for higher grift runs.

I wouldn't use the pony build in group play. It's one of the most annoying builds to have in a group since it just knocks all the monsters away from everyone. Condemn build is actually faster for T6 group play. Pony build is best reserved for higher grift runs.

Condemn is Season only, leaving Pony build as the best available for everyone else. And if you remove the Rune from Phalanx, Strongarm Bracers stop working. Just find Crusaders smart enough to pin mobs into walls or do enough damage that it doesn't matter :)

Every class is annoying for spell effects, except maybe Barbarians.

Just found this badass Etrayu.

zTvcGdg.png

Hit a Whimseydale portal today, pure fucking insanity. It's like looking into the mind of a serial killer....

Mz03AmMl.jpg

G8PEcr9l.jpg

Yeah, I hate the rainbow goblins. I call 'em troll gobs, because they troll me when the portal opens and I think it's a vault.

first one that i seen, i knew it was not a standard gobo. it is pretty easy to tell hem apart :eek:

I had 2 of those freakin' rainbow portals today... why couldn't at least one of them be a treasure portal... :D

Condemn is Season only, leaving Pony build as the best available for everyone else. And if you remove the Rune from Phalanx, Strongarm Bracers stop working. Just find Crusaders smart enough to pin mobs into walls or do enough damage that it doesn't matter :)

Every class is annoying for spell effects, except maybe Barbarians.

So true... maybe what Blizzard needs to do is somehow make only your own spell effects visible to you and everyone else's transparent like the pets are.

I had 2 of those freakin' rainbow portals today... why couldn't at least one of them be a treasure portal... :D

They should at least make it worth while to go through. Like a boss at the end that drops a few legenaries. The idea that's been going around that I like is making the area drop a bunch of gems.

I really want that rainbow sword for the transmog. Need it to complete my troll witch doctor look :(

They should at least make it worth while to go through. Like a boss at the end that drops a few legenaries. The idea that's been going around that I like is making the area drop a bunch of gems.

Yeah, the rainbow level is funny for a run-through or two, but it's pretty much worthless in terms of drops.

If this happened, I wonder if it would also be allowed by using the original access method of the staff in A1 where the cow bones are. If it is, easy farm location.

They can keep the gems though, so easy to get duplicates of whatever one you need. Put the ones you want in the stash of a toon, run any grift lvl 15 or higher, gem replenished. Prevents getting multiples of ones you don't need.

They should have just put in the cow level. Made is exactly like D2 even kept the old and grainy textures.

The Brony shit must end.

They should have just put in the cow level. Made is exactly like D2 even kept the old and grainy textures.

The Brony shit must end.

Isnt the cow level now, or supposed to be, the cow boss in rifts? I'm mid 400 para and have yet to see it so I may be wrong.

The smart loot in this game is so crap, second time i get a royal ring from a cache and it rolls with dex when im playing on a barb, wtf is up with that?

Isnt the cow level now, or supposed to be, the cow boss in rifts? I'm mid 400 para and have yet to see it so I may be wrong.

There is a cow rift, it is apparently really rare since they are removing it from the "You're not the boss of me" achievement.

Veiled Crystal drop rates being "greatly increased" in upcoming hotfix.

I started with 6k I think before the patch. I have over 7k now after rerolling all my gear a couple of times. Still not an issue unless you need to reroll every single piece of gear 10x.

Today I decided to try my first Greater Rift. Entered the rift and full cleared it until it said that the rift guardian has spawned. Had half my bar left for me to kill the guardian. Looked everywhere for the guardian. Kept looking and found a second level to the rift. It was completely empty, but I walked every inch of it looking for the guardian. Ported out and entered the rift again. Finally found the guardian at the start of the rift! Only had 56 seconds to kill him though!

I started smoking the guardian. Threw the kitchen sink and the bathroom plunger at it! Timer said 10 seconds. Guardian only has 2% life. Oh yea! First Greater Rift guardian down!

D/C from the server. Fuck you Blizzard. Fuck you in the a**.

I started with 6k I think before the patch. I have over 7k now after rerolling all my gear a couple of times. Still not an issue unless you need to reroll every single piece of gear 10x.

I had about 3k and went down to about 100 trying to increase my Sentry damage on my Mara chest. Went from 10% to 11% :(. I can't wait. And outside of seasons I have about 15k but no souls...it's always something.

Thousands of rifts between myself and people I play with...no Cow level.

They need the exact cow level from D2. Even make you go get warts leg.

I had about 3k and went down to about 100 trying to increase my Sentry damage on my Mara chest. Went from 10% to 11% :(. I can't wait. And outside of seasons I have about 15k but no souls...it's always something.

Damn. Do you reroll stuff on mediocre gear? I usually only reroll if the gear is good. Here is my stash for seasonal, I don't think I've ever run out of any material.

I'm gonna say some of you just have terrible luck with Kadala. I think I am averaging the same amount of uniques per time played, but I am just getting fewer items overall, if that makes sense. I feel like I'm still getting one an hour or so from her based of continually doing grifts and rifts the whole time.

Back