Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I personally only spend them when I can't pick anymore up, so like 500. In all the toons I have have played, 280 paragon normal and 102 paragon seasons, I might have received like three total oranges, zero greens and tons of worthless yellows. When I go to spend, I will fill my inventory and I get about 50/50 blue to yellow item ratio.

Do you guys sell all your yellows and blues or disenchant for crafting mats? I've been collecting mats and I very rarely or even at all craft anything. I just use them for the re rolls of stats. Been running low on cash.

Do you guys sell all your yellows and blues or disenchant for crafting mats? I've been collecting mats and I very rarely or even at all craft anything. I just use them for the re rolls of stats. Been running low on cash.

I always salvage mine, mostly because it's so much faster than selling, and because you will use them for Enchanting. Once you get Boon of the Hoarder gem, you won't worry about gold anymore.

Depends. If I have a legendary in my inventory that needs to be salvaged I just salvage the blues/yellows as well. If I'm close to the merchants I just sell. Don't really need mats or gold. 5K+ of each mat(except legendary) and ~290 million gold.

I think before the season is over I'm gonna craft all my gems into flawless imperial since those are used for rings/amulets and I already have a decent stash of marquise gems.

So are rares 100% worthless now? Not to complain too much, but I did like that in D2, while legendaries/sets were by far the best, finding a ridiculously lucky RNG rare could still be the BiS.

You can occasionally find a rare trifecta ring/ammy and boost your sheet DPS, in fact I did that for a while until I found a legendary that did similar damage output plus a legendary effect, or a socketed SoJ/RoRG

Rares are great for gearing a new toon and some can be fine even up through lvl 70. But as you find better Legendaries and Set pieces your need for rares will die off.

So are rares 100% worthless now? Not to complain too much, but I did like that in D2, while legendaries/sets were by far the best, finding a ridiculously lucky RNG rare could still be the BiS.

I never played D2, but from what I read legendaries are to D2 rares as set items are to D2 legendaries. In general if you find a 9-10/90-100 yellow with a socket you won't be replacing it any time soon unless you get a similar legendary.

BTW one of the best amulets is the Eye of Etlich because of the 30+% decreased damage from ranged attacks. I need to get a good one on my demon hunter, that would increase my survivability by a ton.

A hellfire amulet with that 5th passive ability is sometimes worth a lot more than 10% sheet dps gain...

Wow finally got my first Goblin Vault last night. I went in at 20m and left with 92m. This was on T6 and gold find at around 3800%. Boon of the Hoarder is cool as hell. Don't think I'll have to worry about gold again. Charge into a mess of mobs and walk out with over 100k gold easy. Now farming is fun again.

Decided I needed a 2nd Boon gem this morning, got lucky and found a Vault portal after about an hour.
If you put your legendary gems on an alt, you can get duplicate copies of the same gem.

The best goblin farming method: Arreat Core --> Queen Aranae's Cave (Look for the buried goblin event) --> King Leoric's Passage.
You can also throw in Tower of the Damned (A3) and Northern Highlands (A1).

Whimsyshire was meant as this game's version of the cow level. There is actually a legendary that is found IIRC only in Whimsyshire...

Whimsyshire was meant as this game's version of the cow level. There is actually a legendary that is found IIRC only in Whimsyshire...

Except the cow level in D2 was fucking amazing and rewarding and this one is a huge waste of both player and developer time.

Wow finally got my first Goblin Vault last night. I went in at 20m and left with 92m. This was on T6 and gold find at around 3800%. Boon of the Hoarder is cool as hell. Don't think I'll have to worry about gold again. Charge into a mess of mobs and walk out with over 100k gold easy. Now farming is fun again.

its amazing at level 25. My speed build is almost done....if all the speeds trigger I can barely control it.

Fleet Footed 10%
Krelums buff belt 25% speed
Wreath of Lightning 25% speed
Boon of hoarder 30% speed
Warzechian ArmGuards ??% speed
Mantra of Conviction - Annihilation 30% speed
Tempest rush - Tailwind 25% speed

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/53023274

Does anyone else know of anything that adds Speed?

Last edited:
Except the cow level in D2 was fucking amazing and rewarding and this one is a huge waste of both player and developer time.

Yeah, if it were more like the Vault where there's a boss at the end and you get a ton of loot with a good chance at legendaries, it might be different. As-is, there are a couple champions and elites but no significant loot drops.

I got my first gem up to Rank 25. Took forever.... It is the one with 20% increase dmg after killing an elite pack.

I haven't seen or know anyone who has seen the cow rift.

The rarity must be insane as a couple of my friends have thousands of rifts completed and no cows.

I don't think you guys are talking about the same thing. There is the "cow level" (either the goblin or making that staff or w/e in Act 1) and then there is the cow rift. The rift is much rarer than the other two, it's an actual special rift AFAIK. (Not just the cow level itself, but it has specific enemies as well). The goblin is a god damn troll because he takes away a chance to get the Vault. Plus that level is such a waste of time.

Well I think tonight was my last night in Diablo 3. My laptop can't handle decent FPS and the video driver crashed tonight in mid-game, and I'm basically tossing my hands up in the air and throwing in the towel. If only x58 motherboards weren't so damned expensive, I'd just game on one of those, but it is what it is. :(

Hopefully see everyone around again sometime.

I got a random crash today, that was scary since I was doing T5 hardcore with my demon hunter and had just vaulted into a champion mob :p. I'm not sure what happens on a crash in "single player" though, maybe it just pauses the game.

Also, damn those goblins. I farmed them for at least 3 hours today and didn't get a vault. At least it's still pretty rare, not like the RoRG which is an absolute joke to farm now.

Last edited by a moderator:
You stand still for 30 seconds to 1 minute before disappearing.
For any class that relies on pets (including M6 DH), you'll probably be fine.

I haven't seen or know anyone who has seen the cow rift.

The rarity must be insane as a couple of my friends have thousands of rifts completed and no cows.

I'm casual and I've completed it twice. First time in a group and the second time solo. There is a Jar of Souls event in it with nothing but cows. Hilarious!

Not on T5. Even at 25 million toughness, my DH feels extremely squishy.on T2, let alone T5.
Fight a pack of elites, take your hands off the mouse/keyboard for 30 seconds and see what happens.
Most of the time, shit dies in <10 seconds and the worst thing that happens is a few hits from an arcane beam, thunderstorm, etc, because you shouldn't be standing near those in the first place. DH especially should always be 30+ yards away (out of range) or around a corner.

If you're really concerned about it, run Boon+Goldwrap and your Ferrets will keep you alive automatically.

Also, use dual Unity's.

Last edited:
Fight a pack of elites, take your hands off the mouse/keyboard for 30 seconds and see what happens.
Most of the time, shit dies in <10 seconds and the worst thing that happens is a few hits from an arcane beam, thunderstorm, etc, because you shouldn't be standing near those in the first place. DH especially should always be 30+ yards away (out of range) or around a corner.

If you're really concerned about it, run Boon+Goldwrap and your Ferrets will keep you alive automatically.

Also, use dual Unity's.

I'm more concerned about getting to grift 30 where goldwrap isn't much of a help. On T6 HC Mal, I hit my NDE proc once. But as far as the other, yeah, it goldwrap helps on survivability a lot. And I try to stay far away from most mobs.

Of course, I'm mainly a monk, but gearing up the DH to try to get the speed run conquests out of the way. Anyone up for those? (I have Danetta DH's on both HC & SC).

Toughness is a number that can be grossly exaggerated by vit and hp boosters.

Survivability lies in armor + all resist.

At greater rift 36 with all resist around 1800 and armor in the 15k range with 475k hp, I can survive about 7-9 direct hits from elites before death. The tricky part is trying to ramp up damage to make killing effective. I think RG is in trillions for hp...

How, seriously I mean how in the world are you guys hitting these numbers... my crusader even with tweaking a couple pieces of gear with AC up I'm at 15 million toughness and dps is just under 1 million on the sheet. T6 elites generally molest me in uncomfortable ways and I'll admit it is kinda getting frustrating because I'm not getting any upgrades and the upgrades I need I don't see boosting my stats to those amounts.

You stand still for 30 seconds to 1 minute before disappearing.
For any class that relies on pets (including M6 DH), you'll probably be fine.

Then I have no idea how I survived. I can take 3-5 hits max before I'm dead. Maybe I just got lucky then.

How, seriously I mean how in the world are you guys hitting these numbers... my crusader even with tweaking a couple pieces of gear with AC up I'm at 15 million toughness and dps is just under 1 million on the sheet. T6 elites generally molest me in uncomfortable ways and I'll admit it is kinda getting frustrating because I'm not getting any upgrades and the upgrades I need I don't see boosting my stats to those amounts.

As far as the numbers, 800k life, 1700+ to every resist, 16k armor.

Now, toughness can be an exaggeration. With my monk, when I add dodge, I get 45 million toughness with dodge, but 25 without. The value of dodge though... But as far as dps, I'm super weak. My DH has about 630k dps. It's HC though, so I'll take an offense drop for survivability. And about the only T6 I play are the ubers, as those are just drop a sentry and run. Even with low dps, they are fairly easy on T6. Normally I stick to T1/T2.

My DH has about 630k dps.

If your DH has 25m toughness (unless you're exaggerating) then this is most likely the reason you feel squishy. If I were you, I'd lose some toughness for more DPS. The faster you kill things the less time they have to hit you. I usually do t4 now with my hardcore DH and have 1m sheet dps with 13-14.5m toughness depending on what I'm doing (I switch to blackthornes 3 piece bonus for more toughness in grifts) and I don't really feel squishy. Pop sentries, run around stuff, and hit smokescreen when necessary.

The only "oh shit" moments I get are when I get vortex'd in and surrounded but Krelm's bracers fixed that.

Nearly all the high spec Crusader builds forgoe defense (armor/allres on gear) for CDR, and then use Akarat full time (which nearly doubles your toughness). If you can't keep Akarat up full time you need to learn to back-off using steed charge when it's about to drop, because you go from nearly invulnerable to squishy in an instant. The invulnerability comes half from akarat being up, and then secondly from the Wrath spent to healing numbers (most Akarat builds spam huge wrath costs skills non-stop). Not sure about Roland builds, as I only have a couple pieces so far.

My sader.

My gear is incredibly confusing right now, I have literally no CC/CD on my amulets or rings, which by all normal build strategies shouldn't work - but ran a tier 29 rift solo last night, and should be able to hit low 30's once I get my last gem above 25. My Hellfire amulet is pretty terrible, but the passive is actually quite useful (survive death once per 60 seconds), it does drop my kill speed a touch, but makes up for it in solo rifts by avoiding being one-shot and having to respawn. With the Goguk up to 25 I'll likely drop the Vigilant belt for a string of ears, that 30% melee reduction is nice.

I'm still debating:

Akkan helmet + Crimson Pants/Belt
vs.
Leorics crown + akkan pants + string of ears

Need to find out how much impact the goguk's cooldown bonus provides at 25. Leorics crown gives more CDR than the crimson set, but loses the 10% cost reduction.

If your DH has 25m toughness (unless you're exaggerating) then this is most likely the reason you feel squishy. If I were you, I'd lose some toughness for more DPS. The faster you kill things the less time they have to hit you. I usually do t4 now with my hardcore DH and have 1m sheet dps with 13-14.5m toughness depending on what I'm doing (I switch to blackthornes 3 piece bonus for more toughness in grifts) and I don't really feel squishy. Pop sentries, run around stuff, and hit smokescreen when necessary.

The only "oh shit" moments I get are when I get vortex'd in and surrounded but Krelm's bracers fixed that.

Unfortunately, I haven't really found any good marauders yet. Most of my pieces are bare minimum dexterity and I couldn't re-enchant those stats due to other missing key stats. But a weak M6 is still better than a semi powerful non M6 on later difficulties. I originally had 1 million sheet dps before any marauders and barely could make it to grift 11. Now with my stats I can make it to about grift 22.

Unfortunately, I haven't really found any good marauders yet. Most of my pieces are bare minimum dexterity and I couldn't re-enchant those stats due to other missing key stats. But a weak M6 is still better than a semi powerful non M6 on later difficulties. I originally had 1 million sheet dps before any marauders and barely could make it to grift 11. Now with my stats I can make it to about grift 22.

Yeah, the discrepancy between a synergistic build with gear that hits all the right marks and a less optimum build that might show the same profile stats can be dramatic. The good news is that every class has at least one build in 2.1 that can with the right gear get well into the 30's for Grifts, admittedly some are a lot easier to build than others. M6 is probably the smoothest transition, since once you have almost any version of the pieces you can start to roll. Firebird is similar, but you're still at RNG mercy for the appropriate weapon to make it happen. Full time Akarat is trickier because you need all of Akkhan plus a pile of CDR. I think Barb and Monk are the toughest, since the required gear for the high level builds are rarer.

Back